Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2019, 05:48 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times

Advertisements

If anybody asks where the parents were, my guess is Disney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 05:51 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
^^^thks is the absolute truth!! Excellently stated.
The tragedy is that democrats have made it so that we are not allowed to bring this truth up and deal with it and the truths it exposes. How are we ever going to fix this if Democrats won’t let us even expose the truth of this (Racist!! Racist!!) and their part in it?
That is the purpose of political correctness- to use language as a weapon to intimidate and prevent reason and logic from prevailing.

Failed and oppressive political systems need political correctness, thus it has become a common tool for liberals.

You can't fix a problem if you are unable to objectively evaluate the root causes without fear of persecution.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:52 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Too bad I can't rep you again. That was pretty clever.

Although I must say that Disney could drive Mother Theresa to violence.

I can't condone what was done in that Disney video, but I can certainly understand the anger and frustration that one experiences there. Perhaps those folks in the video are usually calm, sedate individuals, but the cauldron of Disney pushed them over the edge.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:05 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,585,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Pedro has officially won this thread.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:07 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,565,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Pedro has officially won this thread.
Vote for Pedro!!!

Old 07-11-2019, 06:10 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,565,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Eh you know...they'd end up dead, the person would probably end up in prison for defending themselves. It would barely make the news and would be mostly forgotten about in a week or less. That's how it is in these sh*t hole towns like Philly.
I'm afraid that is the likely outcome, especially in a large city like Philly. That's why I said as always, self defense with deadly force is an absolute LAST RESORT. The minimum would be the victim spending hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees defending himself. It is a no win situation.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:19 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,585,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Vote for Pedro!!!
And Pilot wants a recount!

Old 07-11-2019, 07:16 AM

16,552 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
First of all, most of them appear to be full-grown adults, granted they are dressing and behaving like young thougs.

I live in a nice neighborhood in Northern CA. I was in Home Depot the other day when there was a flash mob rush. The helper told me this happens a lot and there's not a thing they can do about it. People come in, gather up items and rush out the door.

The company policies prevent employees from apprehending the criminal and the state laws allow them to go free if the cost is under a specific amount.

In my conversation with the workers at Home Depot, the event seemed to impact the morale of the employees to see their place of employment plundered like that. The two hard working gentlemen both seemed helplessly frustrated. One thing is probable is that without penalties, it won't stop and the USA will continue to become less safe and less civil place to live.

THIS is what the USA ought to be most ashamed of.
So what is to prevent any and everyone from just walking into a HD, needing say a kitchen faucet, and presuming it is under the limit (not sure what that is from your post), just walking out with it?

I remember when I worked in a retail store as a teenager, if anyone attempted to steal we were authorized to physically apprehend them and hold them for the police. If they resisted we could use the force necessary to defend ourselves and subdue them. One guy tried to fight three of us and when he took a swing, he was practically knocked unconscious. No charges were filed against us, nor was any lawsuit filed. The police hauled him off, end of story.
Needless to say if those type of deterrents no longer exist, it helps to encourage people to commit crime without fear of consequences.

`

Old 07-11-2019, 07:39 AM

16,552 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm not in favor of high powered weapons being used to solve the problem. This is if I look at it from a moralistic perspective. I am, however, in favor of self-defense. I am in favor of people defending themselves.
The OP said "high capacity" not high powered.
My comment was based on those kids and young adults not deserving to die over theft/vandalism, thus any lethal weapons should not be used against them.

That said what do you define as high powered?
Some handguns have more stopping power than a rifle, just not the range or accuracy.

Putting aside what the OP might be implying (needing a bunch of ammo pre-loaded into one firearm to deal with multiple targets), high capacity firearms can be needed for certain situations. Not the least of which are multiple assailants in a home invasion, or an actual riot type of situation.

[There was a great video professionally created on YT (that I think has since been taken down ) showing a family at home and a couple of drug addicts tweaking and casing houses for a home invasion. The Dad sees the guy at the door has a gun and runs to get his own (locked in a handgun safe). Anyway it shows him firing at the one guy until he stops him, but when the other guy broke in from another entrance, he only had one bullet left. He hits the guy in the shoulder, and then is out of ammo. The scumbag proceeds to kill the entire family.]

I wish I could find that video because it showed in realistic detail how mandated low capacity firearms can lead to tragedy.

Additionally, HC makes time at the range useful, and certain competitions much easier and more fun.

`

Old 07-11-2019, 08:22 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,182,679 times
Looks like people fall back into jokes and excuses when there's nothing else. So there is nothing else. No solutions here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies