Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2019, 02:04 PM

73,021 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
They were also inflicting physical harm to other people. Animals like this have no remorse and will only harm more people. Yes, animals like that need to be killed en masse.
You mean like a genocide?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 02:07 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't know how long. The only reason I know about this is because it was mentioned on city-data. I don't watch the news. I've only heard about this stuff thanks to this site. I do know about some of the going ons in the Atlanta area. I've wondered why Atlanta proper isn't seeing much of this "flash robbery" activity. I've wondered why it has happened more in Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Chicago, Minneapolis, and Kansas City. I have rarely ever heard this stuff taking place in Atlanta.

In fact, there are times I wonder why Kansas City has a higher murder rate than Atlanta despite Kansas City being 29% White and Atlanta being 52% Black.

I will say this. When the push back takes place, I don't want to be anywhere near it. I just hope some people are smart enough to keep their pushback exclusively for those who committed crimes and not go after individuals like myself.
The pushback will restrict all our freedoms...or the stores will just close and move out of these areas and then the sjw clowns will scream racism.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:12 PM

73,021 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The pushback will restrict all our freedoms...or the stores will just close and move out of these areas and then the sjw clowns will scream racism.
I live in the suburbs. Store closures in the inner city areas won't affect me much. I'm not saying that I want those stores to close. This is what I'm saying. What will hit much closer to home for me is what individuals might do to me out of anger. I'm more worried about that because if there is any push back, even the innocent could get affected.

And explain restricting all of our freedoms.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:00 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
I had similar experiences at the hands of some White kids when I was in middle school and high school. When I was in middle school, a White high school kid shot me with a paintball gun, at the bus stop. I also had an experience of being kicked when I was down. I was on crutches on day and two boys kicked the crutches from under me, sending me tumbling to the ground. This happened in a classroom full of kids. I turned the kids in. The boys never got in trouble because no one would come forward and say the saw anything. This was not in the ghetto, and this was not in a predominantly Black area. This happened to me in a predominantly White suburb/exurb in Georgia.

Funny you mention El Paso. Getting robbed isn't something I worry about. Walking into a gang territory is something I think about if I were ever to visit. I could live with the fact that being Black, I would stand out immensely. My one worry about that city are the gangs there.
A big white girl always threated to kick my ass, for what <shrug?>. I ignored her. One day I walked into the BR and there she was. I am a petite white girl and it was obvious I would lose, I am not a fighter but I wasn't going down without a fight. She was in my face but the next thing I know a big black girl got between us, had her finger in the big white girls face, told her if I hear of you ever laying one hand on her (me) your ass is mine. Thank you Vera. The white girl never bothered me again lol.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:42 PM

8,242 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
I had similar experiences at the hands of some White kids when I was in middle school and high school. When I was in middle school, a White high school kid shot me with a paintball gun, at the bus stop. I also had an experience of being kicked when I was down. I was on crutches on day and two boys kicked the crutches from under me, sending me tumbling to the ground. This happened in a classroom full of kids. I turned the kids in. The boys never got in trouble because no one would come forward and say the saw anything. This was not in the ghetto, and this was not in a predominantly Black area. This happened to me in a predominantly White suburb/exurb in Georgia.

Funny you mention El Paso. Getting robbed isn't something I worry about. Walking into a gang territory is something I think about if I were ever to visit. I could live with the fact that being Black, I would stand out immensely. My one worry about that city are the gangs there.

Where I went to high school the football players and their friends, mostly black but some white too, would attack me on frequent basis. One of the football players even kicked me in the stomach causing my to lose my first pregnancy. My rapist was the father of that baby too. Nothing ever happened to any of these people. The school covered for them because they needed these students to play sports for them. So I was skinny, partially emaciated teenaged girl about 90lbs being beat up by football players that were sometimes over 200 lbs and the school did zilch to protect me but I was forced by law to show up and take the beatings. My rapist was a government employee who did tutoring jobs for the school system on the side. The government covered for him as well and then the church and my parents forced me to marry him when I was a child because I wasn't a virgin anymore. I ended up having to have a hysterectomy in my early twenties because of the damage done from all the beatings and rapes, so I will never be able to have a real family. Schools and other government agencies protect whomever they want.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:46 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Why do people excuse this criminal behavior mainly because they are a protected class?

They pulled it off because they knew they wouldn't be opposed. At what point would you interceed?
I actually do not excuse this behavior on any level, and think each and every one of those kids and young adults should be help to account for their actions.

However my post you quoted was discussing reasonable actions against the perpetrators, not condoning their behavior.
I can only assume others who feel strict law & order should be brought to bear are not advocating what the OP did, that being killing petty thieves and vandals.

Your thoughts?

`

Old 07-11-2019, 03:46 PM

8,242 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
You mean like a genocide?

Not really. Genocide targets the innocent as well as the guilty.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:59 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
I don't know how long. The only reason I know about this is because it was mentioned on city-data. I don't watch the news. I've only heard about this stuff thanks to this site. I do know about some of the going ons in the Atlanta area. I've wondered why Atlanta proper isn't seeing much of this "flash robbery" activity. I've wondered why it has happened more in Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Chicago, Minneapolis, and Kansas City. I have rarely ever heard this stuff taking place in Atlanta.

In fact, there are times I wonder why Kansas City has a higher murder rate than Atlanta despite Kansas City being 29% White and Atlanta being 52% Black.

I will say this. When the push back takes place, I don't want to be anywhere near it. I just hope some people are smart enough to keep their pushback exclusively for those who committed crimes and not go after individuals like myself.
Quote:
I live in the suburbs. Store closures in the inner city areas won't affect me much. I'm not saying that I want those stores to close. This is what I'm saying. What will hit much closer to home for me is what individuals might do to me out of anger. I'm more worried about that because if there is any push back, even the innocent could get affected.

And explain restricting all of our freedoms.
You can’t single people out so how do you prevent these types of crimes? I’m sure the solutions will not be good for the shoppers.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:00 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
They were also inflicting physical harm to other people. Animals like this have no remorse and will only harm more people. Yes, animals like that need to be killed en masse.

Well lets get to basics first. I did not see any animals, I saw criminal behavior by human beings, many young and stupid.

I will have to re-watch the video, because I did not see them physically harming anyone, but maybe I was just casually watching and missed it.

As to "killing en masse", if our society does not believe crimes such as rape, child molestation, etc. are worthy of the death penalty, we certainly do not think thieves and vandals being executed is correct.
Most of those kids were probably punks and fools, deserving to pay a price, but they certainly did not deserve to die.

I don't know about you, but few people on this earth deserve to die by my hand, as I am not God, nor will I be their final judge.
Kill or harm someone in a way that scars the victim for life (aforementioned examples), and society should consider the ultimate price be paid on an individual basis.
This video did not show anyone rising to that level in my view.

`

Old 07-11-2019, 04:06 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
I would not mind having you as my neighbor. One thing I've understood is that being a racist person isn't good for anyone. I just want to see decency.

I thought about what you mentioned about crime in Chicago. I live in the far west suburbs of Atlanta, but I have frequently worked in the city of Atlanta. I've been a victim of theft. And not in the rougher southwest side of Atlanta. This happened in Midtown, the nicer part of Atlanta. Violent crime has dropped alot. Theft is a huge problem.
Exactly. They're going where people have the goods they want.

Quote:
Another flash robbery. This time it's in Boston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKJt9D0tGK0

And this is my theory behind the flash robberies. Strength in numbers. If you can't identify them all, you can't arrest them all. If it was just one or two people, they would have been apprehended fast.
Like looters.

This is why people in mostly white communities don't want section 8 housing or busing. Because along with law-abiding citizens, you'll get the dregs. And that's not just from me, that's from my Asian, Hispanic and black neighbors.

G_M, I know in the past it seems like you've taken offense to people opposed to busing and housing - but it has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with this mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies