Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2019, 01:46 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Probably best to stop engaging. You're only giving that poster opportunities to reply with more racist nonsense.
Sounds like said poster isn't interested in rational discussion or refuting anything I've said. I asked said person to back up what he said with some statistics. Said person hasn't done it. Sounds like also this person wants is to do is spout his/her drivel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 01:59 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,902 times
Yes, the high number of blacks involved in random theft and violent crimes, and seeing even more evidence with yet another posted video of a large group of them looting a store.... Is that what makes one roll over on the floor laughing?

Good, I would rather not discuss matters of race with those who would rather make jokes or look the other way. That's why things have become what they are now.

Old 07-13-2019, 02:04 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Sounds like said poster isn't interested in rational discussion or refuting anything I've said. I asked said person to back up what he said with some statistics. Said person hasn't done it. Sounds like also this person wants is to do is spout his/her drivel.
That's because there are no stats to back up what's being posted. And yes, that's exactly what this poster wants. An opportunity to post more drivel. Why help him/her?

Old 07-13-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
That's because there are no stats to back up what's being posted. And yes, that's exactly what this poster wants. An opportunity to post more drivel. Why help him/her?
All the more reasons I ask said person for those stats. Said person is talking out of his or her rear end. Said person has admitted to wanting racial separation. Making up crap to justify that opinion is basically telling lies.

Old 07-13-2019, 03:12 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Yep!! Quite fitting MPowering1. ROTFLOL is the perfect response to this. There is alot of stupidity in someone claiming that they are "objective" when it comes to race, and then making claims that "the Black race is inferior", and then advocating for an apartheid state.
Whatever the other specifics of your mutual argument are, "objectivity" specifically doesn't demand that your opponent concede a premise as a foundation to the argument.

In fact, a demand to do so would be the opposite of "objectivity" unless you spent a painstaking amount of time proving that point (whatever its goalposts would be) while, from a third party perspective, burying his arguments in response. You haven't done that. You only demand that he see the races as "equal" for no other reason than you said so. That's clearly a subjective position.

Objectivity is stating facts based on observation. Its the foundation of science. Science being well known to shun preconceived assumptions in its processes.

Old 07-13-2019, 04:25 PM

My theory behind 60 teenagers mobbing and robbing a Walgreens. Strength in numbers. With 60 people running amok, it makes it hard to identify all of them at one. If this had been one person robbing Walgreens, that person would have been caught. I looked for more updates on this incident. No word on arrests. This is what the looters wanted the whole time. You can't arrest anyone if you can identify them.

This concerns me for this reason. Charles Stuart murdered his pregnant wife and blamed it on a Black man. The Boston Police scoured the Mission Hill, Roxbury, and Mattapan neighborhoods. One man was wrongfully accused of the murder. Let's just say this hurt race relations in a city which was struggling with racial tensions to begin with. In this case, there were alot of Black people robbing a Walgreens. I have a feeling some people would want to scour the neighborhoods for those persons. Some people would want to pull random people over to find the suspects. The idea being "do whatever you have to do to find the perps". And this could cause some problems, such as the 4th amendment being violated.

Old 07-14-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Whatever the other specifics of your mutual argument are, "objectivity" specifically doesn't demand that your opponent concede a premise as a foundation to the argument.

In fact, a demand to do so would be the opposite of "objectivity" unless you spent a painstaking amount of time proving that point (whatever its goalposts would be) while, from a third party perspective, burying his arguments in response. You haven't done that. You only demand that he see the races as "equal" for no other reason than you said so. That's clearly a subjective position.

Objectivity is stating facts based on observation. Its the foundation of science. Science being well known to shun preconceived assumptions in its processes.
Actually, you are the one who has it wrong. I ask people to actually think. It isn't the average Black person doing this crap. This attack in Philadelphia is reflective of a subculture within the Black population, not the Black population as a whole. I'm dealing with individuals who come only for the purpose of saying "Blacks are a parasite population". I'm more objective than the person calling for an apartheid stating and calling the entire Black population "a prison population". I actually address the subculture within a population.

Old 07-15-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Unbelievable footage:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/philadelp...eillance-video

And people wonder why we need high capacity weapons.
I believe in having weapons as a way to defend yourself. At the same time, there are 60 people doing this. How many people would run off after the first shots are fired? In the case of the person who got hit with a bottle, that person should be able to fight back. On the other hand, I wonder the value of having alot of security guards.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:55 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
And believe it or not, alot of Black people are not defending those criminals. Heck, alot of Black people not living in Pennsylvania don't even know that this even happened. When a few Black teenagers beat up a special needs White kid and livestreamed it on facebook, there were alot of Black people condemning those thugs.

This is the thing. Black people who already do their part in not contributing to crime flee such neighborhoods when they get the chance. The persons who do those things you recommend, they're either living in places far from the inner city, or if they are there, they are trying to leave. it's not a "Black community problem". This kind of behavior is most prevalent within the underclass.

It's not an unwillingness to call out one's own. It's that some people will never listen. Some Black Americans have cut their losses and said "forget you. You want to act a fool, the prisons will take care of you".

You should also think about this. Many people seem to function better in prison than outside of it. That is a big problem right there.

And yes, strong teachers are needed in these inner city areas. However, alot of teachers don't want to teach in those areas. Many kids who want better for themselves don't want to be in those schools.
Oh sure, there are some blacks who are right thinking, but overall the black community enables and sometimes even condones this type of mayhem and violence. They are their own worst enemy as I have said many times before. That is how black neighborhoods in places like Philadelphia become no-go zones in the first place.

Old 07-15-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Oh sure, there are some blacks who are right thinking, but overall the black community enables and sometimes even condones this type of mayhem and violence. They are their own worst enemy as I have said many times before. That is how black neighborhoods in places like Philadelphia become no-go zones in the first place.
Wrong. There are more right-thinking Black people than you want to give credit for. The violence and mayhem is not universally condoned by the Black population as a whole, or even the majority. If you think the majority is okay with this, ask yourself this. Why do so many Black people avoid living in such "no go" zones?

Better yet, the beating that took place in Chicago in January 2017. It was livestreamed on facebook. Several Black teenagers beating on a White teenager. Black people all over social media were speaking out against it. There were no excuses give. There were some Black people apologizing on behalf of their own for this (I personallly saw a few posts like this on facebook). The only reason alot of Black people knew about it is because it was livestreamed on facebook and made the news throughout the country.

What you see takes place among the Black UNDERCLASS, not the Black population as a whole. And the underclass listens to no one no matter who speaks out. And this is when Black people who are likely to condemn such things know about it alot. Many people figure it's a waste time trying to talk sense into indivuduals who don't listen. The attitude is "go ahead, lose your soul, go to prison, just don't come near me".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies