Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 09:22 AM

2,066 posts, read 900,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Also "Teens" (even though many are over 21), and "Youths" are other euphemisms the Police, and MEDIA use. At least they show the video, so it is obvious who are committing all these crimes.
Sounds like a great application for facial recognition software. Matched against the juvenile offender's database.

Oh, and outlaw the wearing of masks and face-covering bandanas.

Another idea crossed my mind, when these "teens" set about "expressing themselves" (Thanks, Stephanie Rawlings-Blake of Bawlamore), block the exits of the stores by dropping a thick-barred, medieval-style portcullis. Let the "youths" exit one at a time into a paddy-wagon, to be sorted out down at the precinct. Videos will prove who was carrying armloads of "school supplies, grape soda and skittles" and tipping over displays, and who was picking up a prescription at the wrong time. Or have a "Mobile Suspect Identification Unit" on the streets, like the roaming MVA bus for license renewals and tag returns.

Or jets of sleeping agent pumped into the aisle. Should be easy to identify the "young people" by what fell with them, or who has a hand-basket with headache and cold remedy and a pair of 2x reader glasses (non-offenders)

Or less cruel, a lock-down or the doors with a single exit with those horizontal spinning bars on a center post that allow exit one at a time after looking at a camera. "Security turnstile". If Facebook can identify five faces in a photo, it can't be hard.

OSHA would have a field day with me ... as would the ACLU ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2019, 09:29 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Sounds like a great application for facial recognition software. Matched against the juvenile offender's database.

Oh, and outlaw the wearing of masks and face-covering bandanas.

Another idea crossed my mind, when these "teens" set about "expressing themselves" (Thanks, Stephanie Rawlings-Blake of Bawlamore), block the exits of the stores by dropping a thick-barred, medieval-style portcullis. Let the "youths" exit one at a time into a paddy-wagon, to be sorted out down at the precinct. Videos will prove who was carrying armloads of "school supplies, grape soda and skittles" and tipping over displays, and who was picking up a prescription at the wrong time. Or have a "Mobile Suspect Identification Unit" on the streets, like the roaming MVA bus for license renewals and tag returns.

Or jets of sleeping agent pumped into the aisle. Should be easy to identify the "young people" by what fell with them, or who has a hand-basket with headache and cold remedy and a pair of 2x reader glasses (non-offenders)

Or less cruel, a lock-down or the doors with a single exit with those horizontal spinning bars on a center post that allow exit one at a time after looking at a camera. "Security turnstile". If Facebook can identify five faces in a photo, it can't be hard.

OSHA would have a field day with me ... as would the ACLU ...
Boy, the must love you on Pearl Street.

I feel for the businesses that encounter these crimes as whatever they do will be used against them, so they have to be overly cautious. Hopefully, the video will enable to police to arrest these thugs, and at least let them know there will be consequences for their stupidity and lawlessness. The guy that smashed a bottle over the clerks head needs to go to jail.

Old 07-16-2019, 09:55 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Boy, the must love you on Pearl Street.

I feel for the businesses that encounter these crimes as whatever they do will be used against them, so they have to be overly cautious. Hopefully, the video will enable to police to arrest these thugs, and at least let them know there will be consequences for their stupidity and lawlessness. The guy that smashed a bottle over the clerks head needs to go to jail.
I agree that said persons should be thrown in jail for their crimes. You do the crime, you do the time.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Who's trying to apologize it away? Yes, there is a unique problem in inner city Black communities with opportunistic looting using alleged acts of racism by White cops or whoever else as an excuse. That's not something I'm "poo pooing."

I was just agreeing with Green Mariner that other Black people who condemn this sort of thing shouldn't need to apologize for the criminal acts just because they to are Black. Any more than I or other White people like me need apologize for the acts of Hitler humpers and Klan klowns. We the law abiding regardless of what color we are should have no problem with presenting a united front undivided by skin tone against actions such as the one at issue here.

How is advocating that having our heads in the sand? Praytell. There is a unique problem within White lines with Hitler humping groups and organized crime within biker gangs. There is a unique problem within Asian lines with human trafficking and drugs. There is a unique problem within Hispanic lines with cartel supported gangs with cartel supported gangs running drugs ad weapons and occupying territory in our cities. Unique problems are...well..nothing unique.

I will acquiesce that the problems are pretty overt and brazen with the riots , burning and looting that goes on but the other issues with other groups, though less overt and less reported on are pretty damn bad to. Don't take me for a fool man. I have eyes to see and ears to hear. I have had serious trouble on the street twice in my life. Once with a pack of White skinhead punks and once with a pair of Hispanic gang bangers. Two of the skins went to the hospital and one of the bangers went to the morgue. I've never had any problems with Black people. Or Asians or American Indians. I grew up around the latter two.

But I just don't find myself blaming all people of any skin tone for the problems with criminal actions by groups of the same tone. I do believe that we can and should all stand together, we the law abiding, against criminality regardless of what color we are. But that by no means should be construed with some notion that because of this take I am blind to the facts. And I'm not apologizing for anything or anybody.
The inner city ghettos have been what they've been for years. I'll get back to this later. I don't like what said thugs have done. They can go to prison for all I care. Law abiding people of any race should be able to stand against all criminals and bigots. There is the law abiding world, and then there is the criminal world. And it should be easy to understand the difference regardless of race.

There is one thing I want to bring up. There are certainly Black people rioting due to alleged acts of racism by police. There are also a considerable number of White sports fans who have been known to riot after a sports championship. Both have one thing in common: Alot of mayhem and destruction.

We can't control people who happen to look like us. I can't control some thug in the inner city who happens to be Black (said thug might probably punch me or shoot me). You can't control some Neo-Nazi thug. However, we can both condemn said thugs. We can let it be known that we don't approve of their actions. The best we could do is have the book thrown at criminals and have them put in prison.

It should be easy for the law abiding to stand together against all criminals and the hateful. I know that the persons who did this were Black. Turning this into "Black people are a menace population" won't make anything better. If anything, this will only turn away allies who would condemn those persons. Same goes if something happens to me. I remember being in middle school and it was mainly White kids bullying me. There were several White girls who condemned the actions of those bullies. Being able to stand united against criminal behavior is a good thing. You don't want to turn away allies.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:40 AM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There is one thing I want to bring up. There are certainly Black people rioting due to alleged acts of racism by police. There are also a considerable number of White sports fans who have been known to riot after a sports championship. Both have one thing in common: Alot of mayhem and destruction.
For what it's worth, I think that white sports rioters should be put in jail too. I feel absolutely no kinship with them in any way (despite sharing the same skin color) and I would want to see them punished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Turning this into "Black people are a menace population" won't make anything better.
It's not black people who are a menace. It's these people: young poor black males. Change ANY one of those four variables, even while leaving the other three in place, and the propensity for random, savage violence drops precipitously. But put all four of them together, and you have things like this attack on the drug store. Only when we as a society are comfortable in facing this truth -- and yes, it must be said, "black" is one of the four variables, regardless of how un-PC it is to admit it -- is there any possibility of coming up with solutions. ("Male" is another variable, so I get tarred along with the rest, according to some feminists.)

Old 07-16-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
For what it's worth, I think that white sports rioters should be put in jail too. I feel absolutely no kinship with them in any way (despite sharing the same skin color) and I would want to see them punished.

It's not black people who are a menace. It's these people: young poor black males. Change ANY one of those four variables, even while leaving the other three in place, and the propensity for random, savage violence drops precipitously. But put all four of them together, and you have things like this attack on the drug store. Only when we as a society are comfortable in facing this truth -- and yes, it must be said, "black" is one of the four variables, regardless of how un-PC it is to admit it -- is there any possibility of coming up with solutions. ("Male" is another variable, so I get tarred along with the rest, according to some feminists.)
I will give you a link to one of my posts: //www.city-data.com/forum/55632112-post36.html
A link to this post: //www.city-data.com/forum/55632933-post66.html

And then comments like "They sure help sell Kamala's various "free stuff for blacks" programs." And the someone saying "it's black behavior". If it was about "young, poor, Black males", I don't always here it. I hear people talking about "Black" and only that. Maybe inner city, but mainly only Black. I've gone back through the posts. A few individuals come to complain about Black people. Many people speak of it as "the Black community". I talk about the Black underclass. The underclass does this.

I'm glad you feel that way about sports rioters. My point was this. When sports rioters who happen to be White cause mayhem, it isn't referred to as "white dysfunction". When there are Black rioters, it's attributed to "being Black" and is named "black dysfucntion".

Old 07-16-2019, 11:34 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Awww. Kids out having fun during the summer. Isn’t that adorable?
Actually, I always think back to a similar video in Milwaukee with residinghere posting, 'They're just frustrated.'

Old 07-16-2019, 08:58 PM

60 people going into a store and stealing. Well, I think about this. I'm thinking those persons went in there and raided the store for the fun of it. I think said persons got some kind of thrill stealing. I do think there is an element of anger in there. This is my theory on it. I don't think this is a case of kleptomania. Committing crimes for the thrill of it takes a certain kind of mentality. It's obvious said persons have no respect for other people's property. There is more though. This is where I think the anger comes in. Some people might have looked at the theft as "I want to hurt people, I get a thrill out of hurting and doing bad things to other people". What kind of person gets a thrill out of hurting people and doing things to other people? Individuals who have no empathy. Individuals who have alot of hate and anger in them. Someone who steals for the fun of it is likely doing so because:

1) Lack of empathy for the individual they're stealing from.
2) Said person wants to hurt people.

And no, having alot of anger is no excuse for stealing and hitting someone in the head with a bottle. However, my point is this. I am considering what kind of mindset comes with such behavior.

Old 07-17-2019, 05:05 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Unbelievable footage:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/philadelp...eillance-video

And people wonder why we need high capacity weapons.
"Wolf pack of thugs violently sacks Philadelphia drug store"
Then they whine and cry about no JOBS in their communities and wonder why so many stores are boarded up EXCEPT the liquor store!

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-17-2019 at 07:32 AM..

Old 07-17-2019, 05:06 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
it's Philly, what do you expect?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies