Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 08:44 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Sorry, but you don't see white kids doing this kind stuff. Sports riots generally happen at colleges, how many black kids attend college?
Alot more Black people in college than you care to give credit for. And it isn't just colleges where sports riots occur.

Boston after the 2004 and 2013 World Championship. Someone was accidentally shot and killed during the 2004 riot. Philadelphia after the 2008 World Championship. San Francisco after the 2010 and 2014 World Championship. All of those riots are related to Major League Baseball.

1998 Super Bowl mayhem in Denver. Alot of destruction.

I make no excuses for the persons involved in flash robbing that Walgreens. Lock them up. However, I notice no one makes a race issue out of sports riots. Plenty is made about Black people after this event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 08:51 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Alot more Black people in college than you care to give credit for. And it isn't just colleges where sports riots occur.

Boston after the 2004 and 2013 World Championship. Someone was accidentally shot and killed during the 2004 riot. Philadelphia after the 2008 World Championship. San Francisco after the 2010 and 2014 World Championship. All of those riots are related to Major League Baseball.

1998 Super Bowl mayhem in Denver. Alot of destruction.

I make no excuses for the persons involved in flash robbing that Walgreens. Lock them up. However, I notice no one makes a race issue out of sports riots. Plenty is made about Black people after this event.
Thats because the black culture is mess and you know it.

Old 07-17-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
In short, you know there are many White people rioting during sports events, but you're only concern is if Blacks do something wrong. Thanks for letting me know how much hatred you have for Black people. Thanks for letting me know that you can't differentiate between Black American culture and the underclass subculture within the Black population.

Now I know what to say next. What would you call alot of those White sports fans who riot after championships? Are they not following a messed up culture?

Old 07-17-2019, 10:32 AM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
However, I notice no one makes a race issue out of sports riots. Plenty is made about Black people after this event.
First and foremost, I make no excuse for sports riots. I would have absolutely no problem with such rioters being fired upon, first by tear gas, then by rubber bullets, then by the real thing if the first two didn't stop them. To be followed with ample amounts of jail time for the survivors.

But there are differences between these types of rioters and the types that are the subject of this thread, that tend to put a negative light on black people as a whole, rather than just the individuals involved. It's not so much the rioters themselves, but of others of their race. I know of few non-rioting white people who support sports rioters, who make excuses for their behavior, who donate time and money to their legal representation, who refuse to identity them to the police if they know them, who consistently support groups and politicians who advocate gentle treatment of them if not outright support. But how many black people make excuses about "racial oppression" as being justification for the rioters' behavior? How many black people support groups, such as Black Lives Matter, that support and encourage black rioters? How many refuse to cooperate with the police in identifying suspects? How many keep electing politicians who advocate soft-on-crime approaches and keep making excuses for the rioters?

The great majority of white people not only do not identify with sports rioters, they roundly condemn them. But all too many black people tend to identify with black rioters as their own kin, deserving of protection and understanding, even if they don't support their direct actions. THIS, I believe, is why people make incidents like the drug-store attack a racial issue: because too many black people condone this behavior, or at least tacitly support the people who engage in it. This is something that you generally won't see among white people, vis-a-vis sports rioters.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:46 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
The inner city ghettos have been what they've been for years. I'll get back to this later. I don't like what said thugs have done. They can go to prison for all I care. Law abiding people of any race should be able to stand against all criminals and bigots. There is the law abiding world, and then there is the criminal world. And it should be easy to understand the difference regardless of race.

There is one thing I want to bring up. There are certainly Black people rioting due to alleged acts of racism by police. There are also a considerable number of White sports fans who have been known to riot after a sports championship. Both have one thing in common: Alot of mayhem and destruction.

We can't control people who happen to look like us. I can't control some thug in the inner city who happens to be Black (said thug might probably punch me or shoot me). You can't control some Neo-Nazi thug. However, we can both condemn said thugs. We can let it be known that we don't approve of their actions. The best we could do is have the book thrown at criminals and have them put in prison.

It should be easy for the law abiding to stand together against all criminals and the hateful. I know that the persons who did this were Black. Turning this into "Black people are a menace population" won't make anything better. If anything, this will only turn away allies who would condemn those persons. Same goes if something happens to me. I remember being in middle school and it was mainly White kids bullying me. There were several White girls who condemned the actions of those bullies. Being able to stand united against criminal behavior is a good thing. You don't want to turn away allies.

We find ourselves in agreement. Criminality is criminality and we the law abiding and honest should present a united front against it not drawn up on color lines. It's ...unfortunate...that in cases such as this these looters don't seem to either get or care they are seriously hurting their own community. This Walgreens will likely close and take the jobs and place to go to buy needed things close to home with them.

Once again honest decent people will be paying the price for this.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
First and foremost, I make no excuse for sports riots. I would have absolutely no problem with such rioters being fired upon, first by tear gas, then by rubber bullets, then by the real thing if the first two didn't stop them. To be followed with ample amounts of jail time for the survivors.

But there are differences between these types of rioters and the types that are the subject of this thread, that tend to put a negative light on black people as a whole, rather than just the individuals involved. It's not so much the rioters themselves, but of others of their race. I know of few non-rioting white people who support sports rioters, who make excuses for their behavior, who donate time and money to their legal representation, who refuse to identity them to the police if they know them, who consistently support groups and politicians who advocate gentle treatment of them if not outright support. But how many black people make excuses about "racial oppression" as being justification for the rioters' behavior? How many black people support groups, such as Black Lives Matter, that support and encourage black rioters? How many refuse to cooperate with the police in identifying suspects? How many keep electing politicians who advocate soft-on-crime approaches and keep making excuses for the rioters?

The great majority of white people not only do not identify with sports rioters, they roundly condemn them. But all too many black people tend to identify with black rioters as their own kin, deserving of protection and understanding, even if they don't support their direct actions. THIS, I believe, is why people make incidents like the drug-store attack a racial issue: because too many black people condone this behavior, or at least tacitly support the people who engage in it. This is something that you generally won't see among white people, vis-a-vis sports rioters.
And I make no excuses for the mayhem that took place at that Walgreens. I never said you made any excuses for the sports riots. I was responding to someone else who had a disdain for Blacks. I know you don't excuse it. You said so yourself in another post.

This particular riot, at Walgreens, I don't see many Black people making excuses for it. In fact, I don't think many people know about this at all. I haven't seen many Black people condone this kind of behavior. Then again, I don't hang out in places where this kind of behavior happens the most.

When it comes to making excuses for Black rioters, I usually see this being done if it's a police-related riot, such as what took place in Baltimore, Milwaukee, Charlotte, Dallas,etc. I don't see anyone of any race making excuses for flash robberies or the knock out game. I haven't heard many Black people making excuses for stealing from stores and randomly knocking people out in public. As for rioters, I will tell you what I've heard in terms of "people are rioting due to perceived injustices".

And something else. This is not about you. This is about other people I have been dealing with. I think about the sports riots. No, I don't think you excuse them. I am talking about other people who don't view such rioting as "White dysfunction" while viewing Black people having similar behavior as "a Black problem". I look at the riots, and the results are the same. Alot of damage, alot of destruction, and general mayhem. Actually, I view the sports riots as ridiculous because it's one of the most stupid reasons to riot. It isn't about who condones what. It's about who views whom differently due to race.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
We find ourselves in agreement. Criminality is criminality and we the law abiding and honest should present a united front against it not drawn up on color lines. It's ...unfortunate...that in cases such as this these looters don't seem to either get or care they are seriously hurting their own community. This Walgreens will likely close and take the jobs and place to go to buy needed things close to home with them.

Once again honest decent people will be paying the price for this.
I don't deny for a moment that those were basically Black people looting that store, and that behavior like this has happened in other cities. I've posted a video about a similar incident in Boston. And there are alot of issues going on in the inner city ghettos. I've talked about a specific subculture within the Black population, the underclass part of it, the part where hood rats/thugs often come from. What is disturbing, as we've mentioned before, is that we should all be standing together against criminals. Instead, it's turning into "us vs them". Some of the comments on this thread are only interested as seeing this as "Black people are the problem". I can tell with in some of the snide remarks. It is one thing to talk about the underclass segment of the Black population, that specific subculture. On the flip side, one loses alot of allies who would otherwise be in agreement.

I looked up the location of that Walgreens. It's in an area that isn't exactly the ghetto. It's in the Graduate Hospital neighborhood of SW Center City. South Street specifically. Across the street is a hospital. Based on Google Maps streetview, it doesn't look like some decaying neighborhood. From what I've heard, this area has been gentrified. My guess is that the persons who committed that flash robbery don't live in that neighborhood, or if they do, probably in the low income housing towards the edge of the neighborhood. I think the persons who did that don't care what impact they will have. I bet some of them don't even care about their own families. This took place in an area that has seen alot of gentrification.

We should all be standing against this kind of behavior regardless of race. Sadly, the "us vs them" mentality is not helping at all.

Old 07-17-2019, 12:11 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,665,707 times
[q995uote=green_mariner;55692495]In short, you know there are many White people rioting during sports events, but you're only concern is if Blacks do something wrong. [/quote]

You are trying (unsuccessfully, I might add) to divert attention to white people at sport events again...which is NOT the topic of this thread. Sounds more like racist rant.

#395:
Quote:
So what? When I see sports riots, I hardly ever see Blacks there.

Last edited by tipsyguam; 07-17-2019 at 01:38 PM.. Reason: added #395

Old 07-17-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
You are trying (unsuccessfully, I might add) to divert attention to white people at sport events again...which is NOT the topic of this thread. Sounds more like racist rant.
Go back to the person I replied to, and then you'll figure out what I was trying to do. I don't see you complaining about the individuals who come here only to complain about Blacks.

Old 07-17-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post

#359:
It's #395, not #359.

And post #394:

Quote:
Not one white kid in the bunch.
And post #403.

Quote:
And you want to call me the racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies