Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 08:22 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
if you have a problem with men are men and women are women......well, you are not right in the head

the rest is fictional
So a platform based on gender roles existing is okay for identity politics, but a platform based on gender roles NOT existing is NOT okay for identity politics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 08:24 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
This is biologically correct. But I'm assuming you don't believe this based on your post. LOL.
What do men who want to wear dresses have to do with biology?

Old 07-10-2019, 08:31 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Well so far, none of the Democrat detractors have actually addressed the message. Instead they have attacked him personally for being a successful Black man.

It speaks for itself about what the Democrat party has become.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:07 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
yea you look up to rappers and basketball players, that is the problem. Maybe you should listen to him.
My musical hero is Miles Davis and my favorite sport is auto racing...Formula One particularly.

So I have no idea what the hell you’re talking about. But then, neither do you.

You pick YOUR heroes....you’re in no position to advise me on who should be mine or any other Black person’s.

After all, you look up to Trump for crying out loud.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Well so far, none of the Democrat detractors have actually addressed the message. Instead they have attacked him personally for being a successful Black man.

It speaks for itself about what the Democrat party has become.
He’s not the only successful black man on Earth. Do you kiss the arse of every white man that made a billion dollars? Do you look up to George Soros? He’s white and wealthy.

No one cares about what Johnson has to say. He’s just some dude.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:47 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He’s not the only successful black man on Earth. Do you kiss the arse of every white man that made a billion dollars? Do you look up to George Soros? He’s white and wealthy.

No one cares about what Johnson has to say. He’s just some dude.
But what if he said he hated Trump? Would he then become important?

Old 07-11-2019, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
But what if he said he hated Trump? Would he then become important?
Ehhhh...no. Bob Johnson isn’t a player in the black community anymore. And BET’s legacy isn’t a very well regarded one anyway. He was held in fairly low regard long before Trump was elected.

Bob Johnson can’t do or say anything to get back in good graces regardless...and when he was in good graces, it was a tenuous relationship at best.

I don’t expect outsiders to know this. I guess they think that black folks genuflect at the feet of any black billionaire just because that’s what THEY do with every white billionaire. That’s not how we roll over here.

We look at other aspects of the person besides their money. In any case, I don’t want to get any deeper in the woods on the topic because you’re not interested and I’m not interested in telling it. But black folks know.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:30 AM

11,768 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
LMAO @ “walkaway is real!”

Robert Johnson isn’t held in any kind of esteem in Black America. Like, the guy has NO traction whatsoever. Black folks don’t look up to him anymore than white people look up to Mark Cuban. He’s just some dude.

African Americans aren’t walking away from anything, and if and when we do walk away, it won’t be towards Trump. Put money on it. Black folks hate Trump. Black folks even hate black folks that like Trump.
Have you even looked at the walk away movement on FB or seen the videos - there are many blacks, Hispanics, gays ect that have all walkedaway so please stop making false statements when they are notihng but your personal opinions.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Have you even looked at the walk away movement on FB or seen the videos - there are many blacks, Hispanics, gays ect that have all walkedaway so please stop making false statements when they are notihng but your personal opinions.
You’re looking at the walkaway movement with your red MAGA glasses on. Take those off and use some regular specs.

It ain’t happening. Damn...the midterm elections weren’t even that long ago. Did you see any evidence of blacks walking away? Because I sure as hell didn’t.

I know from a more intimate place. I’m at the black barbershop every week. I’m in a black car club. I belong to a black veterans association. I’m at the black BBQ’s. I’m at the black fraternity get togethers. I’m in a black alumni association. I go where you don’t dare to tread and talk to folks that you can’t broach the topic with.

You get your “firsthand information” from Fox. Lol...they have like 2 and a half black folks working there.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:40 AM

11,768 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
You’re looking at the walkaway movement with your red MAGA glasses on. Take those off and use some regular specs.

It ain’t happening. Damn...the midterm elections weren’t even that long ago. Did you see any evidence of blacks walking away? Because I sure as hell didn’t.

I know from a more intimate place. I’m at the black barbershop every week. I’m in a black car club. I belong to a black veterans association. I’m at the black BBQ’s. I’m at the black fraternity get togethers. I’m in a black alumni association. I go where you don’t dare to tread and talk to folks that you can’t broach the topic with.

You get your “firsthand information” from Fox. Lol...they have like 2 and a half black folks working there.
Oh please - I'm a Democrat first and foremost- it just bugs the carp out of you that people have a mind of their own and don't like the choices our party offers us. Lord forbid - anyone turns their back on the Democrats - it's not like the old days - we vote across party lines now - especially when our party no longer reflects the true creedo it was formed on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies