Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 08:19 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Do you not agree that she was loud and sassy in that video? If not, how would you describe her behavior?
The more you post, the worse you sound. Loud, sassy, uppity, angry - all of these are adjectives used to describe black women when criticizing and demeaning them.

I thought she sounded over the top, and shouldn't be using that language in front of kids, but she had a right to be mad.

There are white women who would respond the same way. I'm sure it wouldn't take a deep dive to find videos of them.

So all of this just seems like you had an agenda from the start. You have an image of black women, you don't like or respect them, and you used this video to justify the way you feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 08:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion:
Respect Police Officers.
They responded to a complaint.
They are there to serve and protect.
It is an afront to confront!

Why wasn't your door locked fool?
If cops walked into your house so can anyone else.
Home Security Lesson 101..........

Give this self admitting racist ,loud ,aggressive, scared woman a citation for disturbing the peace!
Protect & serve? You're kidding. Right?
Harass & Fleece, is theoretically correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7xGzns0IC4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VyQDTVwmYE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlqfShs-Em0

Old 07-12-2019, 08:34 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The more you post, the worse you sound. Loud, sassy, uppity, angry - all of these are adjectives used to describe black women when criticizing and demeaning them.

I thought she sounded over the top, and shouldn't be using that language in front of kids, but she had a right to be mad.

There are white women who would respond the same way. I'm sure it wouldn't take a deep dive to find videos of them.

So all of this just seems like you had an agenda from the start. You have an image of black women, you don't like or respect them, and you used this video to justify the way you feel.
Bolded.

So, we are in agreement.

The white women who would respond the same way would be called white trash by most people.

The issue I have is there are people who think the way the woman in the video responded was appropriate. I am simply ponting out that by embracing such behavior, it gives the black community an image problem.

You can't seem to respond to my points directly without calling me a racist, can't you? Once you accuse someone of something, you're pretty much shutting down the conversation. I think I've been more than patient in responding to all the accusations you have thrown out.

Now, imagine if I was as loud, obnoxious, and sassy as that woman. Do you think anything would result from such conversation?

Edit.

By the way, respect is earned. Why would I respect someone who behaves like that, especially in front of young kids?

Old 07-12-2019, 08:50 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,388 times
There are several videos on Youtube of people repeatedly hitting Police officers and living to tell about it, including a ton of whites doing it. Believe me, she could have handled this a lot worse, and it's easy to say what you would do when you have never been in that situation and when you are sitting behind a keyboard. I have worked in customer service, and have seen both black and white folks act worse than this over minor stuff, this lady is not that bad. Some of y'all really need to work in customer service as well so you all can get rid of "angry black women" stererotype and realize other groups are just as difficult to deal with if not more. I think the bigger issue many of you all have, which includes conservatives and liberals, is when black folks put their feet down and stand up for themselves, you all want us to remain calm as you all claim MLK would no matter what!!

Old 07-12-2019, 08:58 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Everyone involved is a stereotype - including the cops - and Roland Martin who is acting like Amos 'n' Andy. Is there another source for what happened here? This looks like staged satire to me.
It probably was staged.

Old 07-13-2019, 07:20 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
It probably was staged.
Just like most of the videos on youtube, there are no videos showing what happened before the incidence. There is ONLY one side of the story (the woman's and the host's) Police officers had no chance to even speak. (according to the video)

I think it is unreasonable (or premature) to claim that police officers had no right being there. I would at least want to know the other side of the story.

If it wasn't staged, it was at least biased to push the "bad cop" agenda.

If I remember this correctly, the police can enter without a warrant or permission in order to arrest someone or take them into custody when they have reasonable grounds to believe that:

they need to enter in order to prevent someone inside from being seriously injured or killed. Another scenario: If they have reason to believe someone might be in danger, they can enter. If the woman or somebody else in the house were yelling screaming at each other very loudly and violently, kids were crying, and the door was wide open and everybody could hear that, then yes, I think it is reasonable for the police officers to come in for a welfare check.

Like I posted earlier, I was at my friend's house for a pool party. (everybody was pretty loud) The friend and the girlfriend started yelling at each other, cops showed up. Yes, it could be annoying, but we deed indeed made too much noises and we should have taken the neighbors' welfare into consideration. Cops were polite, we apologized and kept the noises down.

So another side of the story would be nice.

All these being said, i disagree with the op who brought this whole "angry black women" stereotype into the discussion. It has nothing to do with the subject.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 07-13-2019 at 08:10 AM..

Old 07-14-2019, 10:34 AM

16,548 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Bolded.

So, we are in agreement.

The white women who would respond the same way would be called white trash by most people.

The issue I have is there are people who think the way the woman in the video responded was appropriate. I am simply ponting out that by embracing such behavior, it gives the black community an image problem.

You can't seem to respond to my points directly without calling me a racist, can't you? Once you accuse someone of something, you're pretty much shutting down the conversation. I think I've been more than patient in responding to all the accusations you have thrown out.

Now, imagine if I was as loud, obnoxious, and sassy as that woman. Do you think anything would result from such conversation?

Edit.

By the way, respect is earned. Why would I respect someone who behaves like that, especially in front of young kids?
If you ever watch the show "Cops" you see some pretty randy looking white women either being arrested for drugs or abused by their boyfriends. In many cases their ignorance, attitude and language would make a trucker blush.
So while rude/vulgar language is not limited to black women, they should be called out for it like any other woman that does not conduct herself with some dignity.

`

Old 07-14-2019, 11:03 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
If the cops thought, heard or observed a domestic situation escalating to the point that someone was in danger--then yes, they can enter the home. It all depends on the circumstances. They don't need a warrant to enter the home if someone sounds as if they were in danger; it's referred to as exigent circumstances.

In this case--she was way over the top. The police didn't come off as if they were trying to create a problem, they simply looked into what they thought was yelling. Now if someone had of died, and the cops would have waited for a warrant to enter--everyone would be asking "why didn't you just kick down the door??"

They did the right thing imo--if the door was already ajar, and they heard enough yelling to get out of their patrol cars and to check up on it, I would hope that they would go the extra mile just to see everyone and make sure that they were ok. Even if it means walking through the front door.

But in some "communities" cops are NEVER to be trusted or to be respected. SO obstructing the particulars of their jobs and ridiculing and celebrating any degree of hotile behavior towards them is celebrated and admired.

I honestly don't know how some police would put themselves through the trouble of working in those areas. If I were a cop, I'd request to work in the least troubled areas in the district. Some people just aint worth it.

Last edited by itshim; 07-14-2019 at 11:14 AM..

Old 07-14-2019, 12:27 PM

16,548 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
If the cops thought, heard or observed a domestic situation escalating to the point that someone was in danger--then yes, they can enter the home. It all depends on the circumstances. They don't need a warrant to enter the home if someone sounds as if they were in danger; it's referred to as exigent circumstances.

In this case--she was way over the top. The police didn't come off as if they were trying to create a problem, they simply looked into what they thought was yelling. Now if someone had of died, and the cops would have waited for a warrant to enter--everyone would be asking "why didn't you just kick down the door??"

They did the right thing imo--if the door was already ajar, and they heard enough yelling to get out of their patrol cars and to check up on it, I would hope that they would go the extra mile just to see everyone and make sure that they were ok. Even if it means walking through the front door.

But in some "communities" cops are NEVER to be trusted or to be respected. SO obstructing the particulars of their jobs and ridiculing and celebrating any degree of hotile behavior towards them is celebrated and admired.

I honestly don't know how some police would put themselves through the trouble of working in those areas. If I were a cop, I'd request to work in the least troubled areas in the district. Some people just aint worth it.
I am aware of department policies where they would assign rookies to the worst sections of town to cut their teeth so to speak.
Some adapt well, some quit, and others look for opportunities to transfer to less hectic and stressful areas.
Combine that with the community not appreciating what you do, and outright hostility directed toward them, and it is not hard to understand why some cops become hardened and disillusioned.

The same is true of firemen and medics. If you are in a low call area you run a few calls per day, then the rest of the time you eat, workout, watch TV, sleep and get up refreshed when you go home the next morning.
Conversely working the worst areas, you can run 20 calls in a 24 hour shift, resuscitating drug overdoses, delivering babies, and trying to keep people alive with gun and knife wounds. You get off shift with 2-4 hours of sleep (if you are lucky) and go home dead on your feet.
While they tend to have community support more so than police, there is still the potential for danger.

So any emergency services profession enjoys or despises their job having a lot to do with where they are stationed.

`

Old 07-14-2019, 02:07 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,600 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Bolded.

So, we are in agreement.

Edit.

I would say, actually, much worse than "white trash". I'd say mentally ill or on drugs.

And the child might actually have a memory of that. "My mother was acting crazy, shouting at the cops, and they just left. They just left me there, after witnessing a loud altercation between my mother and father, and witnessing her unbalanced behavior, they turned and left me there".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies