Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 10:23 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,166,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
What looks like it started as a joke has over 200k planning to attend and hundreds of thousands interested. The idea is to storm area 51 at 3 am on September 20th:

https://apple.news/ASBaObESXMJC73mfWTgekwQ

People want to “see the aliens” and “they can’t stop us all.”
Pretty similiar to "let's go hiking in Iran".........pure genius is what it is.........LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 10:27 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,166,420 times
I know a contract pilot that used to fly the plain white wrapper 737's into area 51 many years ago........they had a small cafe built in for the pilots lounge. At random intervals if anything special was going on they had big curtains in front of all the windows and they would shut completely while the nefarious stuff was going on outside on the tarmac...........probably the aliens crossing................

Old 07-18-2019, 10:29 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Correct me if wrong...isn't Area 51 more about all the high tech weaponry our government to is secretly inventing?
Officially, they claim the base is used for training troops.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:30 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Officially, they claim the base is used for training troops.
Any idea how far underground it goes?

Old 07-18-2019, 10:31 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Correct me if wrong...isn't Area 51 more about all the high tech weaponry our government to is secretly inventing?

If you want to read about how the place came to be, check out this book. I thought it was really informative.

Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base

Book by Annie Jacobsen

Old 07-18-2019, 10:32 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,995 times
Why?

It's our research and development base, it should stay Top Secret. If they do have Aliens, they would have been invaded us by now to get them back.

I don't like government secrets either but its a necessary evil.

Storm a Pharmaceutical company if you wan't to make a statement.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:32 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
People really need to find something better to do with their time.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:34 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Meh. Nobody is going to rush the base. I still think it's just going to turn into a big party (which will be cool) that may just supplant Burning Man. You really have to see where this base is located to truly appreciate the folly of trying to "storm" it. You can see the structure complex from certain hilltops outside the perimeter fence but you have o remember how deceiving distance is in the desert.

What you might perceive as just a mile or two away is actually 20 in reality. So people will get this when they actually see just how difficult it will be to try and get to the base and decide it would be much better to go hang out on the old airbase or in Rachel or both and drink beer and eat BBQ. And they will have so much fun they will do it again same time next year.

Tonapah and Rachel would be more than happy to accommodate them and take their money. And vendors will set up selling T shirts and crafty stuff and it will be a whale of a good time. Probably even have base personnel coming to hang out. I just have a feeling this is going to morph into something more fun than dangerous. Oh a few people may try and sneak onto the base and they will get pinched and tossed in jail. No biggy.
LOL. And maybe they will even provide the first 200 morons who penetrate the first obstacle free unicorn rides. You think?

Old 07-18-2019, 10:34 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
If you want to read about how the place came to be, check out this book. I thought it was really informative.

Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base

Book by Annie Jacobsen
I've watched a doc or two on it. Would love to see inside there. Never happening though.

I wonder if the people that work there are surveilled. By the government at all times.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:37 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
I know a contract pilot that used to fly the plain white wrapper 737's into area 51 many years ago........they had a small cafe built in for the pilots lounge. At random intervals if anything special was going on they had big curtains in front of all the windows and they would shut completely while the nefarious stuff was going on outside on the tarmac...........probably the aliens crossing................
Yeah, I spent many years serving active duty in the US Military. Every so often someone would approach me asking about conspiracy theory crap. I'd come up with some real doozies just to play with their heads. I'll bet this pilot you speak of is doing the same thing with you. Love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies