Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who should pay for my healthcare, child care and education expenses?
The rich must pay. 5 4.85%
The government (taxpayers) pays, particularly those taxpayers who pay more taxes. 13 12.62%
My parents should be held responsible 1 0.97%
I should be paying for my own expenses. 84 81.55%
I don’t know. 0 0%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 02:25 PM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Huh. I make a massive salary. But I am not a jerk. I don't like people living in abject poverty or without healthcare in my country. I call myself PATRIOT.
Is that what it's called...demanding that the government harm others for things you think are good ideas? Patriotism?

If you want to give your money to those in abject poverty or without healthcare access, by all means, be that noble. It isn't patriotic to demand that I do so as well, however, it's just evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 02:29 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
You should start referring to yourself as an ENABLER, 'cause that is what you are. iT MAY make you feel good inside, it may help you wipe away some self-guilt, but all it really does is perpetuate the problem. Forcing them so stand on their own two feet, and NOT on the backs of others, is key.
Glad you think that way. Now tell it to the corporate welfare recipients.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:34 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
You should pay for your car and car insurance.

HC and education should be paid with taxes.

A smart and healthy society is a great society.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:36 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Why stop at healthcare, everyone should take care of their own.

Build your own roads
Fortify your own military
Refine your own gasoline
Pay a little extra and have United Airlines land a plane at your front door.
Build your own school, and have your wife stay home to educate your kids between milking the cows and harvesting the grain.
Make your own penecillin
Wait one minute. How dare you.

Would love to see all these independent conservatives building roads and pipelines to their houses that they built with their own 2 hands.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:37 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
You should start referring to yourself as an ENABLER, 'cause that is what you are. iT MAY make you feel good inside, it may help you wipe away some self-guilt, but all it really does is perpetuate the problem. Forcing them so stand on their own two feet, and NOT on the backs of others, is key.
I wonder if you have ever SEEN the problem first hand. I have. I disagree. Your selfish philosophy has over ridden your judgement.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:44 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,161,650 times
Landslide answer on this one groans the entitled liberal....

Old 07-11-2019, 02:44 PM

6,750 posts, read 3,365,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Huh. I make a massive salary. But I am not a jerk. I don't like people living in abject poverty or without healthcare in my country. I call myself PATRIOT.
It takes LOT more than that to be a patriot.

I will agree with you on one thing. Legal residents that can't afford healthcare should have access to it. It's the ones like the OP that have no direction in life that just expect the government to care for them from the cradle to the grave that are are a burden on our society.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:45 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times
It would be very difficult, if not impossible, for most people to pay for ALL their own healthcare without insurance, unless they are extraordinarily healthy or wealthy and have had a tremendous amount of luck throughout their entire lives.

However, if you had phrased the question that would include some kind of healthcare insurance and co-pays, I would have voted the same way as the great majority of people (about 84% so far) have voted so far, saying that everyone should pay for their own expenses.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:52 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,695,383 times
Other

Old 07-11-2019, 03:02 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
What difference does it make what we should do when we have a Senate that simply refuses to pass legislation?

Poll: why do people post polls with answers so limited that one cannot answer? Do you agree or disagree with this tactic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies