Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2019, 02:27 PM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
If democrats think Trump is so awful, why can’t they come up with a better candidate?

Yeah Really BUT think about it this way they already threw their best at him in 2016...

We were told that Hillary was the most qualified candidate EVER! and she was terrible BUT compared to the current crop of 2020 hopefulls Hillary comes off as a moderate that did have Americas best interest at heart.... GEEZ WE ARE IN TROUBLE..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 02:30 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
LOL... In 2016 you ran the most corrupt witch from hell.
Now in 2020 Dems are running the entire 20+ Clown Circus.

When are you going to give us someone better to vote for that's better than Trump?
Just look at the hysterics you've been pulling for the last 3 years.
Look at the far left agenda you now promote.

Open borders.
Free chit for everyone and illegals.

You Dems have gone Berserk.
You can't even control AOC and the other radical Progressive idiots.

Hell yes I'm voting for Trump again.
Stock markets above 27300 today and up 50% in 2 years.
Unemployment is at zero.
Blacks are working.

You have no one that can take on the Economy, jobs and China.

Shut down the border and we might talk.
Exactly. The actions of many on the left are showing how they’re pushing for open borders and free healthcare for illegals. Difficult to dispute.

Old 07-13-2019, 04:51 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Our kids, grandkids and great grandkids will cringe when they read about this horrible and corrupt administration in history books.
about the OBAMA horrible and corrupt administration in history books.

Old 07-13-2019, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemDawg View Post
honestly, it would be wonderful if we taught our kids to be multilingual

I have a friend from Holland who was shocked when he found out English is my only language

it's normal to learn several languages growing up in more educationally advanced countries
"honestly, it would be wonderful if we taught our kids to be multilingual"

Always with the "we".

If YOU want to teach your kids another language, go for it. o body is stopping you.

Beside when I went to school we could take, French, Spanish or Latin.

And what does this have to do with the subject of the thread?

Old 07-13-2019, 04:57 AM

15,943 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Not loving one's country does equal not voting for a pro America candidate.
Correct. Don't confuse pro-Trump as pro-America. This is the problem in comprehension Trump supporters have.

Old 07-13-2019, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
This has been a poignant question for decades, and not just from Democrats. In short, there’s something unappealing about the job, so that the best people are loath to run. Why didn’t Jim Webb run in 2016? Or Colin Powell in 2008? And so forth.

The accusation that I’d levy is more towards the Republicans than the Democrats. Why couldn’t Republicans come up with a candidate in 2016 who could have defeated Trump? Why can’t the Republicans find a candidate now, who could “primary” him? I don’t want to see a Bernie/AOC-style president any more than you do.

Partially. In my case, it’s less about party-affiliation than with world-view, or perception of what government, nation and society ought to be. My critique of Trump is from the right, not from the left. My critique is of his unexamined and crude populism, rather than his being “too conservative”.

If I were French, my interests and preferences would align with those of Paris, rather than rural France, or its small towns. If I were German, my interests and preference would align with those of Berlin or maybe Munich, rather than those of rural German, or its small towns. If I were English, my interests and preferences would align with those of London, rather than those of rural England or its smaller towns. As an American, my interests and preferences align with those of NYC/Boston/DC/LA/SF, rather than those of rural America or its smaller towns.

It’s unlikely that the Remain vote in England “hates” England. It’s just that its vision of England is that of a global Britain, open to the world, engaged with the world, aligned with it. Do you see the analogy? This is my vision for America.
COLIN POWELL??? He lied and enabled a group of scoundrels that took us to a useless and unjust war. No, at least Trump is averse to war although he can tip over any time.

Old 07-13-2019, 05:08 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Those cry-baby Democrats are about ready to pull out their Zoloft and Prozac, grab their warm fuzzy blankies and grab a bag of marshmallows... now that they realize Trump is going to WIN!

Old 07-13-2019, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Fair enough. Supporting Trump does not equate to being a racist, misogynistic, Islamophobic , anti immigration or anti LGBT.

No matter how many times it's said.
But he IS. All. THAT. why would you then vote for him?

Old 07-13-2019, 06:10 AM

[quote=Nattering Heights;55652274 then and it doesn't work now with Trump. What is costing him votes is his chickenhawk cabinet.[/quote]
"Republicans tried to smear Bill Clinton with Epstein. It didn't work.."

It is NOT over yet!

Old 07-13-2019, 06:19 AM

29,442 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
But he IS. All. THAT. why would you then vote for him?
Because he isn't, don't let you're hatred for him blind you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies