Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 01:07 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
One of the decisions that we have to go after is Plyler v. Doe. That's the decision that started this whole mess. That's why people bring so many children to the United States illegally - they know that they will be able to go to our public schools.

Plyler v. Doe created the "Dreamer" generation.
And who is the "we" who are going to go after Plyler v Doe? And people don't bring children into the US so that they can go to public schools they come here because employers are ready and willing to hire them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 02:02 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And who is the "we" who are going to go after Plyler v Doe? And people don't bring children into the US so that they can go to public schools they come here because employers are ready and willing to hire them.
If undocumented children were not permitted to go to public schools, almost no one would bring children to the United states unlawfully. We would just have adult workers coming, and they would leave their children in their home country.

Old 07-12-2019, 02:16 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemDawg View Post
we have immigrants in our schools here, and somehow we're managing okay

my property taxes haven't caused me to cancel any vacations either
The OP wasn't talking about immigrants, but nice try. He was talking about ILLEGAL aliens.

Old 07-12-2019, 02:18 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
we have immigrants in our schools here, and somehow we're managing okay

my property taxes haven't caused me to cancel any vacations either
"Immigrants"? Who's talking about them? The topic is illegal aliens and they don't contribute enough taxes to cover the education costs of their kids. Our schools are overcrowded with them and they indeed do increase our property taxes.

Old 07-12-2019, 02:25 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Ahhhhh after reading the posts on this thread, it makes me happy to be an ex-pat. My property tax here is $30 a year. Yes 30 dollars. My average water bill is about 3 bucks a month. My cell phone is $14.50 a month. My health insurance is $1400 a year. Thats my largest bill. Electricity is $30 to $50 a month. All depends on if it gets above 90 and no breeze.

Here they know how to deal with illegals and VISA over stays. There is no reward system in place for breaking immigration laws. Your fines are compounded daily...... If you dont have the cash to pay your fines before getting kicked out you go to prison and prisons aren't friendly places here. Illegals are not welcomed. They are cuddled. They are not treated like wounded doves. They are treated exactly like they deserve, they are treated like criminals.
Ok. Cough it up. Where is this dream location?

Old 07-12-2019, 02:27 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
all the illegals I know are just dying to go to the polls where they have to show a government ID, and be around authority figures

they also get liquor drunk and do donuts at the police station parking lot. all people who are doing illegal things love to test their limits with authority

disclaimer: I don't actually know any illegal immigrants, but do you see where I'm going here?
YOu didn't read the part of my post that said they are not allowed to ask for ID in Illinois.

Old 07-12-2019, 02:33 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Your fatass kid raised on Big Macs will cost us more than any asylum seeking child will.
How dare you fat shame children

Old 07-12-2019, 02:45 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I always voted YES on increasing MY Property Taxes for the School Budgets.

It is called giving back to society. You are a selfish individual. Maybe my generation failed to teach you this.
You want to take money from people who work so they can put a roof over their head and food on the table.

Members of the local school board laugh at this kind of mentality

Old 07-12-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
If we have scary illegal babies in my county schools, I'm unaware of it,

when I went to visit my son's school I didn't notice any scary babies threatening to take away my vacations through property taxes

which means it's not a big deal
Unbelievable.

We are not talking about "scary babies." I at least am talking about the high school in my (former) neighborhood that is 70% FARMS, 45% ESOL, rated a 3, and is the worst high school in the county. The proficiency rate in math is 13%. There are multiple families crowded into single family homes, and the school is overcrowded (never intending to serve this many families). You don't think that has a negative effect on the educational level available to American children relegated to that school? You don't think that the schools go begging for more money, and that drives the property taxes up?

I'm sure you're comfortable in your affluent, liberal enclave. But middle-class neighborhoods that are being overrun by illegals who can't speak English and depend on Americans to educate and feed their children hurt current Americans in those neighborhoods.

Old 07-12-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
may I ask what section of the Country you live in? You don't have to be specific, but I'm needing to know where scary illegal kids are hanging off the rafters
And may I ask what name you posted under earlier? Clearly you've been banned, because nobody joins and comes right out of the gate making false accusations, sarcastic taunts, and insults directed at people who talk about the damage caused by massive illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies