Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2019, 02:58 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,984,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemDawg View Post
exactly

~~~

in the most innocent vein, perhaps his wife and he agreed that would be a condition if he ran

it still shows a lack of trust in the relationship, and he did get a little snitty about it
It's not trust in the relationship that's lacking, it's trust in the media that's lacking and well warranted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 03:00 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,415,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Let's leave Bill Clinton's rape victims out of this thread.

How about let's leave Bill Clinton out of this thread? Isn't that called hijacking or some such?

Old 07-12-2019, 03:00 PM

It's downright hilarious that the leftist here would act as if men should have no concern whatsoever for false claims of sexual misconduct when they openly attempted to destroy the lives of Justice Kavanaugh and his entire family on live TV before the American people.

When a man stands up to these idiots and imposes a simple rule that helps prevent it from happening to him the leftist get really pissy.

Old 07-12-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
look, you're the one who is saying I'm a former poster here, you're going to have to provide the user name, pal

when I get accused of being former posters, people at least tell me who I am
You joined CD in the last 12 days and you're already getting accused of being a former poster? You mean I'm not the only person who sees through your lies? Interesting.

Old 07-12-2019, 03:11 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,404,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
This is a very smart policy for any man to have in the professional arena in the metoo era.
If you wish to have a professional career, it’s also stupid.

Put it to you this way: my boss is a woman; my bosses boss (VP level) was also a woman in the past. If they call me to a meeting, how do you think it’s going to go over when I refuse an “unchaperoned” meeting out of claims that I don’t trust them to not seduce me, or claim that something inappropriate went down? Ya think I won’t get fired fast?

This is a policy that you can have and maybe makes sense if you’re an executive level person. Certainly not “any man.”

Old 07-12-2019, 03:16 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,762,196 times
Quote:
soo....

who am I? and what was I banned for?

I need to know how cool my former persona is if I'm going to play this right.
You're one of my favorite new posters. I don't care if you "used to be" someone else.

The people who accuse others of "lying" must get exhausted. They require an entire family history and a comprehensive polygraph test before interacting with you. They'd also like you to provide a social security number, a home address, cell number, vital statistics, and any other pertinent information so that they can be absolutely sure that you, a stranger on the internet, are telling them the absolute truth. It's the internet, dammit! We tell the truth here.

Old 07-12-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
You're one of my favorite new posters. I don't care if you "used to be" someone else.

The people who accuse others of "lying" must get exhausted. They require an entire family history and a comprehensive polygraph test before interacting with you. They'd also like you to provide a social security number, a home address, cell number, vital statistics, and any other pertinent information so that they can be absolutely sure that you, a stranger on the internet, are telling them the absolute truth. It's the internet, dammit! We tell the truth here.
Come on, it's pretty clear that they aren't new so why even try to lie about it?

Old 07-12-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
If you wish to have a professional career, it’s also stupid.

Put it to you this way: my boss is a woman; my bosses boss (VP level) was also a woman in the past. If they call me to a meeting, how do you think it’s going to go over when I refuse an “unchaperoned” meeting out of claims that I don’t trust them to not seduce me, or claim that something inappropriate went down? Ya think I won’t get fired fast?
Well first off, if they call you into a meeting then it's not a he said/she said situation because there's more than 2 people there. No HR department in the nation is going to fault you for wanting a meeting to be held in an open door situation or just not in a way that makes you uncomfortable.

Old 07-12-2019, 03:29 PM

6,061 posts, read 1,991,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary
If he can't manage enough self-control when he is alone with a female, he shouldn't be running for office!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
This has nothing to do with self control, it's to protect himself from being accused of doing something he didn't do. Pence has the same policy.
A notable feature I've noticed in coverage of this by critics, is the continual tendency to put words and thoughts in the mouth and brain of Mr. Foster. He never said that he couldn't control himself. Post the quote where he did, or retract.

Shoving words into opposition's mouths is a dishonest, and frankly despicable debate tactic. It's so easy to claim debate victory when you get to ascribe words to the other side.

Old 07-12-2019, 03:34 PM

4,359 posts, read 4,202,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You couldn't be more wrong, this has been a long running rule in the business world for a decade now. Managers are taught to never have closed door 1 on 1 meetings with employees. HR representatives won't meet with anyone without a 3rd party there.

Men have wised up to the danger that the Me Too movement has brought to the work place and society in general. Men targeted on a regular basis with fake accusations and false claims which leave men unemployed or even worse, locked up all the time.
I would imagine that the third person in the meeting is also employed by the business that has the policy. That is a good reason that the candidate should provide his own chaperone. If the reporter's employer had the same policy, it would be on them to provide the chaperone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies