Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2019, 05:38 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,787,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
I'm going to LOL when in six months it comes out that this guy has a rentboy.

I bet he knows where all the glory holes are and is quite a toe tapper. Fam-uh-leeee val-yewwws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 05:47 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
Surprsingly I actually agree with this. It only benefits both parties.

Old 07-12-2019, 05:51 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,054,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I bet he knows where all the glory holes are and is quite a toe tapper. Fam-uh-leeee val-yewwws.
either that or he has already forced several female admirers to have abortions.

Old 07-12-2019, 06:01 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
Personally I think that all reporters should refrain from shadowing him in solidarity with the female reporter. No coverage at all may be just what he deserves.
Oh so he should lose his job because he wants to protect himself? Man... we could advertise laxatives on this board...

Hey, I'm racist against Alligator-Americans because I don't swim in a swamp, nah I just don't like indefensible conditions. Being alone in a car for an extended time with a female, with a political slant, is some ways worse...

Old 07-12-2019, 06:03 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,491,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post

Six of one, half a dozen of the other!

Old 07-12-2019, 06:14 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So since women get ACTUALLY raped and have to worry about that - perhaps they should refuse to spent time along with any male reporters.

Hmmm. This could work.
I would say they would be smart to insist upon having another person present for any interview, if it is being conducted by a male. That or video the entire meeting.

Old 07-12-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don’t know what company you worked for but I’ve never heard such a policy. I would say that company must have some real issues to go to that extent. They need to have a third party in the room for performance reviews, discipline, job interviews or just about any meeting. That is pretty dramatic, maybe you can post their code of conduct where it is clearly stated.

Why? Liability.... Americans do love to sue and Americans do love to award large settlements, regardless of guilt, it's all about ability to pay.

The policy is put in place for the same reasons that ladder companies cover their ladders with warning labels.

If you as a male supervisor are accused of sexual misconduct, ie sexual harassment and or discrimination, the company will investigate. They will investigate it under the assumption of guilt. The first question they ask, and I have been involved in such investigations, is at any time were you alone in the room with the female? If so why? Second question. Was the door and blinds (if there were blinds or curtains) closed?

If you answer yes, the company now presumes guilt and proceed from that premise. The female is to be protected.

When she sues, not if, but when, the company's lawyers will then use the fact we have policy and that you ignored it, to pin all blame on the individual.

Because you never heard of a given policy means nothing. All employees are entitled to a third party in the room. For females a male leader isn't given the option. It protects the company, the leader, and the female.

I never violated that policy, I understood its worth. I watched more than a few entry level to mid level leaders go down in flames. Even after the female recanted. Why? Because it became about policy and not following guidelines.

As I said earlier. My 2 best friends from the job were females. Later they became my bosses. I reached a level and had no desire to go further. It would have meant a transfer to another sight. As much as I respected and trusted them I never wavered from policy. I had a family to provide for. They understood. It wasn't about them, it was about policy and guidelines.

Old 07-12-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Have you ever been raped?

Let's decide who is really in danger here.
Nope and I have never been falsely accused either. I followed the company policy and guidelines in regard to female subordinates.

The policy of never 1 on 1, always have a 1 up superior in the room. It keeps the playing field fairly level for everyone.

Old 07-12-2019, 07:00 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You couldn't be more wrong, this has been a long running rule in the business world for a decade now. Managers are taught to never have closed door 1 on 1 meetings with employees. HR representatives won't meet with anyone without a 3rd party there.

Men have wised up to the danger that the Me Too movement has brought to the work place and society in general. Men targeted on a regular basis with fake accusations and false claims which leave men unemployed or even worse, locked up all the time.
Well evidently Roger Ailes and others never got the memo, besides she a reporter has little to gain and everything to lose with false claims. Maybe in the top echelons of CEO’s but not at the working level. This is small game.

Old 07-12-2019, 07:01 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
WTF is wrong with you people? 😐
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies