Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2019, 07:02 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedjim View Post
I must admit, the young lady has done a great job of capitalizing on this non-event. If she had been allowed to go she would still be, well, her... and I wouldn't even know her name.
This was the candidate preaching to his base, even his campaign manager said it was a weird request.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 07:03 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well evidently Roger Ailes and others never got the memo, besides she a reporter has little to gain and everything to lose with false claims. Maybe in the top echelons of CEO’s but not at the working level. This is small game.
If the goal is to prevent him from winning an election while getting her name in the news while knowing that the dumbest of the dumb in this country will defend her no matter what, there’s no down side for her.

Old 07-12-2019, 07:06 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
WTF is wrong with you people? 😐
WTF is wrong is that they have nothing. By not doing 1 on 1 interviews it irks the left. He could save himself a bit of grief and make it no 1 on 1 interviews with anyone. 3rd party always required.

Old 07-12-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Why? Liability.... Americans do love to sue and Americans do love to award large settlements, regardless of guilt, it's all about ability to pay.

The policy is put in place for the same reasons that ladder companies cover their ladders with warning labels.

If you as a male supervisor are accused of sexual misconduct, ie sexual harassment and or discrimination, the company will investigate. They will investigate it under the assumption of guilt. The first question they ask, and I have been involved in such investigations, is at any time were you alone in the room with the female? If so why? Second question. Was the door and blinds (if there were blinds or curtains) closed?

If you answer yes, the company now presumes guilt and proceed from that premise. The female is to be protected.

When she sues, not if, but when, the company's lawyers will then use the fact we have policy and that you ignored it, to pin all blame on the individual.

Because you never heard of a given policy means nothing. All employees are entitled to a third party in the room. For females a male leader isn't given the option. It protects the company, the leader, and the female.

I never violated that policy, I understood its worth. I watched more than a few entry level to mid level leaders go down in flames. Even after the female recanted. Why? Because it became about policy and not following guidelines.

As I said earlier. My 2 best friends from the job were females. Later they became my bosses. I reached a level and had no desire to go further. It would have meant a transfer to another sight. As much as I respected and trusted them I never wavered from policy. I had a family to provide for. They understood. It wasn't about them, it was about policy and guidelines.
I would be interested to know how many harassment cases drove the need and the statistics before and after, its extremely remote.

Old 07-12-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
If the goal is to prevent him from winning an election while getting her name in the news while knowing that the dumbest of the dumb in this country will defend her no matter what, there’s no down side for her.
A reporter is goin to set up a candidate, seriously. She didn’t come up with the requirement, let one of his aides jump in the truck. He could have addressed this weird request quietly but he had to do a promo for the Mississippi evangelicals.

Old 07-12-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
I would be interested to know how many harassment cases drove the need and the statistics before and after, its extremely remote.
I wouldn't have that data. On average at a sight of 3600 employees we would hear about 2 or 3 a year. That would include tech on tech. Off color remarks, sexual innuendos etc.

How many individual ladder companies were sued for any individual accident? One gets sued they all react.

Part of my diversity training covered perceptions vs reality. The company often created or altered policy and guidelines based upon perceptions.

For example all females seeking to rise above entry level leadership positions are given mentors. They can either pick their own or their two up will recommend one for them. Males do not have such an advantage. To be fair they had the good boy club helping them along. I liked being a mentor to females and minorities. I loved training people, especially those who appreciated it.

One of my favorite quotes from the company. "We are a principle based organization." Yeah, thats another way of saying we don't have to be consistent. LOL

The place was like working in a Dr Seuss book.

Old 07-12-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
A reporter is goin to set up a candidate, seriously. She didn’t come up with the requirement, let one of his aides jump in the truck. He could have addressed this weird request quietly but he had to do a promo for the Mississippi evangelicals.
Seriously you asked that? Seriously????? Reporters like setting people up. They love their ambushes. Especially if they dont like the person being interviewed or they think they can make a name by destroying them. The only thing worse than talking to the press without a lawyer is talking to the cops.

Old 07-12-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't have that data. On average at a sight of 3600 employees we would hear about 2 or 3 a year. That would include tech on tech. Off color remarks, sexual innuendos etc.

How many individual ladder companies were sued for any individual accident? One gets sued they all react.

Part of my diversity training covered perceptions vs reality. The company often created or altered policy and guidelines based upon perceptions.

For example all females seeking to rise above entry level leadership positions are given mentors. They can either pick their own or their two up will recommend one for them. Males do not have such an advantage. To be fair they had the good boy club helping them along. I liked being a mentor to females and minorities. I loved training people, especially those who appreciated it.

One of my favorite quotes from the company. "We are a principle based organization." Yeah, thats another way of saying we don't have to be consistent. LOL

The place was like working in a Dr Seuss book.
There are literally hundreds of ways to claim harassment even onsite private meetings it could just be a passing comment in the hallway or visiting someone in their cubicle. Plenty of opportunities for those working in the field.

Old 07-12-2019, 07:51 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,850,135 times
Quote:
Well I worked for a Fortune 500 corp. They had a 0 tolerance policy. Never, ever, conduct a one on one with female employees if you are male. You will always have a third person in the room if the authority figure is male. That was to protect the company and the male. That has been a policy since at least 2000 when I was moving up and went to leadership training.

In today's climate where all a female has to do is accuse (Ford v Kavanaugh) you would have to be insane to risk it.

It isn't about self control, it is all about climate and self preservation.

My son is a welder and chances are slim that he will ever be a females supervisor, but I have coached him, if he ever is, never do 1 to 1 interviews or confrontations with a female.
I started student teaching in 2003 and was told immediately that if I was ever in my classroom with a female student to leave the door open.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Seriously you asked that? Seriously????? Reporters like setting people up. They love their ambushes. Especially if they dont like the person being interviewed or they think they can make a name by destroying them. The only thing worse than talking to the press without a lawyer is talking to the cops.
Setting up with a false claim even a valid one would be a career ender for a reporter. So now investigative reporters need to travel in twos to investigate candidates, this is new. Maybe you can list all those reporters claiming harassment but for now his issue is the “perception”, did he worry about the same when he was with male reporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies