Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2019, 10:39 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He didn't ask for a chaperone, he insisted on a witness.

This.

Why are you being attacked (and down right being made fun of) here? Insanity.

You can't win. First it's #me too, now they are again attacking men that choose to not risk their entire lives and reputations because some woman decides she's going to have a "moment".

I'm a woman and like the rest of SANE women, I agree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 10:40 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemDawg View Post
some men rape,

that claim is not ridiculous because it does happen.
And some women make false rape claims.

It does happy too.

Old 07-13-2019, 10:43 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartinez View Post
your post is proof that partisans will automatically believe claims that are ridiculous; therefore, the man is smart to avoid political attacks masked as sexual assault allegations.
+1.

Old 07-13-2019, 10:43 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,299,469 times
As I said before he has every right to make his specific request. If that makes him more comfortable you should respect his feelings on the matter. If you don't like it then that is YOUR issue and not his.

Old 07-13-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Proving negatives, huh?

you sound smart.
That's quite possibly the dumbest statement I've ever seen on this forum. It's not a negative.

Old 07-13-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
it's also attitudes that some of the posters have here,

immediately disbelieving women who come forward,

that prevents a lot of women from coming forward
To my defense, I don't blindly believe anyone who makes a claim without any evidence and who has a potential political motivation to lie... male or female.

Old 07-13-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
oooh, victim blaming

totally original. way to be a pioneer.
The only real victim in the Kavanaugh case turned out to be Kavanugh himself.

Old 07-13-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
no no. I was told, in this very thread, that males never falsely accuse.
You were? Link? Where?

Old 07-13-2019, 10:56 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
When I saw what the deranged left was willing to do to try to take down Brett Kavanaugh (in case you forgot, three women who accused Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault during the confirmation hearings later recanted as liars), this is a wise choice. The loony "all woman must be believed for being women" #MeToo movement brought this on for many people. Its hard to claim inappropriate sexual contact if you're never alone with a member of the opposite sex.

Old 07-13-2019, 10:59 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,283,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Statistically she should have been far more afraid of him that he should have been of her. To be alone in a car with one another. This thread should end here with this fact, put the whole stupid thing to rest.

But people will deny that or spin it in some way. RageX (I think that’s the poster) already tried in response to my earlier similar post. This is why this entire thread is actually hilarious. It’s full of people who have no idea what they’re talking about, with baseless fears. But watch - I’ll just get insulted again.
Yes, yes you will.

If you don't like being called stupid, quit saying stupid things.

If you don't like being insulted, quit insulting people that didn't insult you first.

You are attempting to demonize a man for not putting himself in a situation where libel is possible and likely and, anyone who even so much as says his cautious actions might be reasonable.

You even attack posters that concede, that, yes, men violating women does happen much more frequently than political libel. However, instead of engaging in reasonable debate, you insult everyone else, first and do the very thing of which you accuse others.

Your responses are indicative of a growing base of hysterical, shrieking, bitter snowflakes who think ohymyga, he's a male cisgender and part of the evil patriarchy, and they can't call control their like toxic masculinity.

Calling people cowards, misogynistic or, racist because they believe it's prudent to cover their bases, claiming you are the tolerant one, while actually practicing illogical intolerance is the height of hypocrisy, that serves to prove everybody correct that you have tried, and failed, to insult.

What? I'm a supervisor, so if I bring a 3rd party to correct somebody about a recurring punctuality problem I too am part of the intolerant oppression machine or whatever. You're screeching just continues to prove correct the candidate, and people who think his actions were wise, even if they are not his supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies