Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2019, 12:16 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemDawg View Post
nope, and not worried about it ever happening

first it's not that common at all,

plus I don't exemplify a rapey persona, I'm not a creep, and treat women with the upmost respect

not saying it doesn't happen, but that is one bizarre thing to be terrified of in my book
Pretty sure you dont have to worry about it ever happening to you. You would have to be, like, important or something, to have it happen to you. So never fear, you're safe.

However, high profile people with public careers have to be very careful not to put themselves in a position where someone, especially a leftist leaning woman, would want to later on sabotage a campaign. Not that that would ever have happened in the past....

He not scared of a damn thing. In fact, he's pretty darn brave and smart. His truck, his rules. Love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2019, 12:19 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralUSHomeowner View Post
What a crock of a conclusion. If you are never alone......when someone accuses you of a crime and the dispute turns into a he said/she said scenario...there are witnesses. There are plenty out there these days ready to lobe accusations just to take out someone they don't like.

As a wife and mother, these days I give the same advice to all regardless of gender.
There really aren’t, this is fear mongering not supported by facts and is part of why so many are so strongly agreeing with this guy. People quite simply have no idea what they’re talking about, yet are so insistent. And it’s hilarious.

People will deny this like they have been. Probably try to insult me. But it doesn’t change the fact that this man is taking an absurd precaution against something extremely unlikely to happen and in doing so is discriminating against half the population.

Old 07-14-2019, 01:14 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
There really aren’t, this is fear mongering not supported by facts and is part of why so many are so strongly agreeing with this guy. People quite simply have no idea what they’re talking about, yet are so insistent. And it’s hilarious.

People will deny this like they have been. Probably try to insult me. But it doesn’t change the fact that this man is taking an absurd precaution against something extremely unlikely to happen and in doing so is discriminating against half the population.
He has the right to discriminate. He is not her employer. We all have this right.
A woman's chance to get raped is also not big, but still we would not say a word if a woman will refuse to sit 15 hours in a car with stranger.

Old 07-14-2019, 01:27 PM

325 posts, read 207,721 times
Quote:

Why would someone insult you? I would/will state that I believe you are wrong in your perspective on this topic......just like you stated to me. You and I are free to have completely different opinions on the matter and will live our lives accordingly.

What is "discriminatory" about it? The candidate will meet with all..... just not alone with women? As a woman, I have absolutely no problem with men having that attitude. Through the years I've come across that request and respect them for it. I've also spent much time around women and have personally seen how some (even in my own extended family tree) become so easily appalled and offended. It borders on ridiculous and absurd. Once again...just my opinion.

As a woman, I would advise all men and WOMEN (it doesn't matter whether they are a political candidate, a business owner/executive/supervisor, a doctor.......etc.) to have a third party present under most if not all circumstances.

Last edited by CentralUSHomeowner; 07-14-2019 at 01:41 PM..

Old 07-14-2019, 01:27 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
Quote:

I agree with you that it is unlikely to happen. However if it does it can destroy a career. If he feels that its appropriate to have someone else present I respect his viewpoint.

Old 07-14-2019, 01:40 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,951,965 times
Quote:
doesn't matter. she didn't deserve to get raped regardless.

I don't know why she didn't call the cops, but there are many reasons women don't report rapes.

again, you're victim blaming

And what could her excuse have been for not reporting rapes she claims to have witnessed happening to OTHER girls at these parties she was going to?

Old 07-14-2019, 01:41 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
I know someone who went to college and is a fraternity brother and friend of the guy. He told me about Foster's college days when the guy first announced his candidacy.

he's still got to win the primary, but I'm not supporting anyone who runs against him. I kinda want him to win just because he is entertaining.
I'm sure you do.

Old 07-14-2019, 01:47 PM

Quote:
It is actually exactly what he said.

quoted from the article in the OP

Now in reality I highly doubt they are NEVER alone with the opposite sex because various situations could put you alone in a room or area with another person of the opposite sex, both at home/someone else’s and in public, but he said what he said and did what he did. But the fact that it’s so impractical is part of what makes it so stupid, which I’ve been arguing for a while now.
He said quite a few other things as well which you're conveniently excluding...

“I didn’t want to end up in a situation where me and Ms. Campbell were alone for an extended period of time throughout that 15- to 16-hour day. And so out of precaution, I wanted to have her bring someone with her, a male colleague,” Foster said over the phone in a live interview with CNN’s John Berman Thursday. Campbell was also on-air.

“I trust myself completely,” Foster said in response, to which Campbell smiled and let out a breath in slight amusement. “But I don’t trust the perception that the world puts on people when they see things and they don’t ask the questions. They don’t look to find out the truth."

“Perception is reality in this world,” he continued, “and I don’t want to give anybody the opinion that I’m doing something that I should not be doing.”

He's 100% right, you'd have to be a complete moron to deny that he's right.

Old 07-14-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
There really aren’t, this is fear mongering not supported by facts...
Sure there are, people have posted plenty in this thread alone and you've ignored or dismissed all of them because it doesn't support your personal beliefs. When presented with solid proof that false accusations happen you people shifted to comparing the lower quantity of false accusations to the higher quantity of verifiable rapes as if that somehow makes false accusations ok.

Old 07-14-2019, 02:15 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
I know someone who went to college and is a fraternity brother and friend of the guy. He told me about Foster's college days when the guy first announced his candidacy.

he's still got to win the primary, but I'm not supporting anyone who runs against him. I kinda want him to win just because he is entertaining.
He is running behind in the primary, last year he claimed someone offered him a million dollars to drop out but wouldn’t reveal the source. That didn’t work so this is the next publicity stunt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies