Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2019, 02:58 PM

133 posts, read 75,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You can still get kavanaughed if you're up for a politicized confirmation. Remember, her accusation was so vague as to when, where etc. that he couldn't possibly have created an alibi.
The one who was "kavanaughed" was Ford and she was "GOPd" too. The FBI was not allowed to make a real investigation and Lindsey Graham did some wonderfully dramatic acting to move things along. Now we have a Supreme Court justice who demonstrated for us right on TV why he's not fit for the job, regardless of whether or not he was Ford's attacker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2019, 03:07 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That was the story but it's not the story told here. Nothing about anyone going to jail. Nothing about anyone losing their job.
Here is the other false accusation about the officer who went to jail.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...minal-charges/

"By then, prosecutors already had dismissed domestic-violence assault and witness-tampering charges against Kivlin, and opted not to pursue rape charges against the other Bellevue officer whom Schneider had accused. Prosecutors say Schneider had created fake text and email messages purportedly from Kivlin to support her accusations against him.

Because of Schneider’s false claims, Kivlin spent three different stints in jail totaling 49 days, Cohen said. He also split from his wife, resigned from his job and was forced to sell his house, the attorney said. “The toll has just been devastating,” Cohen said.

Although the other Bellevue officer whom Schneider accused was never charged, he also resigned from the police department amid an investigation."

Old 07-14-2019, 03:11 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
A woman's chance to get raped is also not big, but still we would not say a word if a woman will refuse to sit 15 hours in a car with stranger.
They are both professionals. By refusing to be interviewed by her, he makes the ASSumption that she is not a professional. Would he do the same with a male reporter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
“I trust myself completely,” Foster said in response, to which Campbell smiled and let out a breath in slight amusement. [b]“But I don’t trust the perception that the world puts on people when they see things and they don’t ask the questions.
Then he needs to provide the chaperone, not her. He is the one with the problem, not her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
I believe that if he wants the chaperone/witness, he should provide it, whatever the sex of the reporter. I think his wife would be the best person to have along at all times, as their fidelity to each other is sacrosanct. And I believe that reporters should unite in solidarity to refuse to cover him or his campaign so that there would be no basis for any unjust accusations.
Yes to all of this.

Old 07-14-2019, 03:29 PM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
They are both professionals. By refusing to be interviewed by her, he makes the ASSumption that she is not a professional. Would he do the same with a male reporter?

Then he needs to provide the chaperone, not her. He is the one with the problem, not her.

Yes to all of this.
I worked for and was a student of professionals who tried to or did sexually assaulted me! do you think assaults and accusations are only perpetuated by males? in this me too environment, I think this male political candidate is wise.

Old 07-14-2019, 03:39 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Lol...you tell it to a reporter so they will report on it.
He didn't tell the reporter, he replied to their request.

Old 07-14-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
He explained that his campaign manager was busy on the day that they requested so he couldn't but he'd be willing to schedule it at a later time and provide someone.

Old 07-14-2019, 03:58 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
He didn't tell the reporter, he replied to their request.
In secret code?

Old 07-14-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
In secret code?
The reporter's news agency requested the ride along and his campaign replied to the agency. The reporter didn't get involved until after he requested that she bring someone with her. He's done interviews with her before and they were fine.

Old 07-14-2019, 04:10 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
The reporter's news agency requested the ride along and his campaign replied to the agency. The reporter didn't get involved until after he requested that she bring someone with her. He's done interviews with her before and they were fine.
A reporters job is to report. Does someone need instructions on this here?

Old 07-14-2019, 04:28 PM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Quote:
A reporters job is to report. Does someone need instructions on this here?
a high school teacher's job is to teach students.

One of my high school teachers violently sexually assaulted me in his office and another high school teacher wrote me many love letters and left them in my locker for a year. I was 15 years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies