Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 10:31 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...you don’t have enough of ANYTHING to lure me there. Not even when my wife was offered an executive level position at the GSA in Dallas/Ft Worth. She waited an additional 3 years with hopes that the position would open in this district instead, which it eventually did. And even if it hadn’t opened here, we wouldn’t have moved to Texas for her to take it under any circumstances.

And welfare? Texas HAS to have fairly generous welfare benefits considering how much of the state is poverty stricken. Not only that, but your unemployment benefits are twice as high as ours.

Texas is just as much of a welfare kingdom as any other state. All that tough talkin’ swaggering cowboy fake rugged individualist nonsense isn’t fooling anyone. I know better.
Do you believe what you make up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 10:39 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Don't we all sympathize with those who choose to live in states dominated by the consistent control of the other party? When all they can do is howl at the moon ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs

Old 07-11-2019, 10:46 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Don't we all sympathize with those who choose to live in states dominated by the consistent control of the other party? When all they can do is howl at the moon ...]
It’s my home state...my parents chose it, not me.

And this state isn’t ran exclusively by the GOP anymore. We’re changing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Do you believe what you make up?
Lol...I’m calling it like I see it, which is the way it is.

The Texas tough actin’ Tinactin stuff doesn’t faze me. I’ve seen your state. In fact, I’ve seen more of it than you have. Poverty is rampant in Texas. It’s even tragic in some areas.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:46 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
How much of an assclown does one have to be to threaten a half a billion dollar investment in your own state over this future employer deciding not to sell a pair of damn shoes? What does that say about someones judgement?
He is a Ducebag. On the Fourth, he wore Nikes just a day or two AFTER the Twitter storm. So he is willing to cut tax incentives that may force a potential employer out of the state, but he was too cheap to buy a new shoe and throw Nikes out? I'm calling B.S. on "my" governor. Ducebag, with your millions from owning part of Cold Stone Creamery and behind doors kickbacks from the private and charter school lobbies (a reason he needed to have teachers to organize a walkout to actually get them paid, but not fix the school funding problem) you couldn't get someone to buy Pumas, Reeboks, Adidas or New Balance in that time? Please. I never voted for him and he continues to show why I never will ever vote for him. I couldn't even trust him as sanitation engineer because he is worse looking garbage pile than his crew would collect.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:51 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Great decision, screw Nike. They are still building there, the jobs are still there, they just lost a pile of incentives. They can borrow the lost money from Anti American Colin Kapernick..
Screw Nike and Colin Kapernick... and the rest of you left wing Kapernick supporters...
GO TRUMP 2020 MAGA....

Old 07-11-2019, 11:03 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
It’s my home state...my parents chose it, not me.

And this state isn’t ran exclusively by the GOP anymore. We’re changing that.

Lol...I’m calling it like I see it, which is the way it is.

The Texas tough actin’ Tinactin stuff doesn’t faze me. I’ve seen your state. In fact, I’ve seen more of it than you have. Poverty is rampant in Texas. It’s even tragic in some areas.
I'm well aware that you're basing your opinion on "how you see it" and not actual facts.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:08 PM

44,629 posts, read 61,620,191 times
Ducey stole a page out of Trumps little black book.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:11 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
He made nunchucks legal

Old 07-11-2019, 11:19 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Lol...you don’t have enough of ANYTHING to lure me there. Not even when my wife was offered an executive level position at the GSA in Dallas/Ft Worth. She waited an additional 3 years with hopes that the position would open in this district instead, which it eventually did. And even if it hadn’t opened here, we wouldn’t have moved to Texas for her to take it under any circumstances.

And welfare? Texas HAS to have fairly generous welfare benefits considering how much of the state is poverty stricken. Not only that, but your unemployment benefits are twice as high as ours.

Texas is just as much of a welfare kingdom as any other state. All that tough talkin’ swaggering cowboy fake rugged individualist nonsense isn’t fooling anyone. I know better.
You would like Austin. The city in Texas for people who hate Texas.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:26 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You would like Austin. The city in Texas for people who hate Texas.
Yep. The budding state of New California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies