Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 04:06 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Many think the children of undocumented will change Texas to blue.

They forget Texas was one of the first states to pass the ERA. Things started getting Tea Party red when the oil companies all located their national offices here. Ft. Bend, Montgomery and Collin counties will keep Texas Red for a long time.

I get e mail from both parties and candidates from both parties. Especially at the near end of the reporting quarter. Every single one informs me that the end of the world is near, but things will be fine if I just send in 50 bucks.

Trump and Cruz both lost Fort Bend. Cruz won Collin by 6 points, and although they both won Montgomery by a huge margin, even that isn't as Republican as it was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2019, 04:34 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Many think the children of undocumented will change Texas to blue.

They forget Texas was one of the first states to pass the ERA. Things started getting Tea Party red when the oil companies all located their national offices here. Ft. Bend, Montgomery and Collin counties will keep Texas Red for a long time.

I get e mail from both parties and candidates from both parties. Especially at the near end of the reporting quarter. Every single one informs me that the end of the world is near, but things will be fine if I just send in 50 bucks.
Hopefully many have read the book(s) about the origin of the modern Right Wing Movement. This is one good one:
https://www.amazon.com/Big-Rich-Grea...dp/B001P9W9OA/

It is VERY different then Republican or Democratic. Republicans have genereally been the Eisenhowers of the world....even he somewhat didn't care which party he ran as (many times party is just a choice of convenience - at least when things were more united)...

Too long to explain here but those who want to do some research can find out all about the John Birch Society, Kochs (one and the same), the Hunt Brothers and all the other interests which combined to create the first "far right" publications and orgs.

These linked Religion with "no taxes for me" and "I can pollute all I want" - all of these, of course, being tremendously beneficial to the parties involved. It's always interesting to note how - even with all these breaks - the Hunts and a number of other big Oil families went broke.

"Nelson Bunker Hunt was active in conservative political causes and was a member of the Council of the John Birch Society"

"he contributed almost half a million U.S. dollars to The National Endowment for the Preservation of Liberty (NEPL), a conservative fundraising organization later heavily implicated in the Iran–Contra affair"

"One of the first members of the John Birch Society was Fred Koch, who became one of its primary financial supporters."

It's so interesting that many try to make up all these conspiracies when the REAL ones are right under our nose. This all becomes quite interesting because the Kochs and the Bushes (a transplant Oil power family with lots of deep state ties) are both heavily pro-immigration...Kochs even started some orgs for that recently!

The easiest way to get to political truth, although not perfect, is to consider the complete opposite of most of what the current admin says and does. That is....what they think about environment, the opposite is more true. What they think about Iran, the opposite is more true....and so on and so on.

As I like to say, there IS a plot. And there is a Deep State. But it's more likely located in the Corporate HQ of Koch Industries and the Bush stuff then where some might think it lies.

Old 07-14-2019, 04:55 PM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Thanks for the book link. We are reading "The Man They Wanted Me To BE ' just now. Will put Big Rich on the list.

I was almost a card carrying Bircher back in my salad days. The plan has been in place for decades.

Still think Soros and Kochs get together to decide what comes next. Have some books about Herbert Walker Bush being knee deep in government funding of big money.

Old 07-14-2019, 06:06 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Demographics, yes, this state will be reliably Blue in the not too distant future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies