Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 08:42 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
Acosta is of Cuban (Hispanic) extraction, the only such individual in Trump's cabinet. Was Acosta a token appointment? The Labor Department is one of the most insignificant in the government. Will Acosta be replaced with another Hispanic, possibly of Mexican extraction?
Yes. This is important

Said no one:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 08:42 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
"And I will never make a mistake"............
Wait. He didn't actually say that, did he?
Acosta was a mistake and as soon as it was revealed Acosta was shown the door. I'm glad he's gone.

MAGA
Build The Wall
Trump's personal lawyer AG Barr and Acosta have an obvious connection but yet Barr un-recused himself
Quote:
Justice official told the Associated Press on condition of anonymity that Barr is still recused from any review of a 2008 plea deal that allowed Epstein to avoid federal charges in Florida.

“I am recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm I subsequently joined for a period of time,” Barr told reporters in South Carolina on Monday.

That’s because Barr’s former law firm, Kirkland & Ellis, had previously represented the convicted sex offender. The deal Epstein secretly made allowed him to avoid federal prosecution for nearly identical allegations.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/09/barr-r...tein-case/amp/
Quote:
The law firm’s senior partner Jay Lefkowitz is among the list of attorneys, including Harvard Professor Alan Dershowitz, who once represented Epstein, according to Newsweek, which cited Law and Crime.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/09/barr-r...king-case/amp/
One big happy perverse family.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:43 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I have no clue. I havent dug into this story. I do know, however, that ya’ll gonna kick this one around to satiate the tds bug
Perhaps admitting you "have no clue" while ignoring the clues piling up like dead shadflies under your porch light should have occasioned you to re-consider repetitious use of the silly "TDS bug" thingy?

Old 07-12-2019, 08:44 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Trump's personal lawyer AG Barr and Acosta have an obvious connection but yet Barr un-recused himself. One big happy perverse family.
Acosta is gone, Barr recused himself.

Trump has done what he should have done. He did what you said he wouldn't do. What more do you want?

Old 07-12-2019, 08:44 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
I have no clue. I havent dug into this story. I do know, however, that ya’ll gonna kick this one around to satiate the tds bug
Amazing how knowledgeable you guys claim to be until a story like this hits the news.

All of a sudden you guys don’t have any clue.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:50 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

Trump has done what he should have done. He did what you said he wouldn't do. What more do you want?
Barr un-recused himself. Try to keep up...
Quote:
The real reason William Barr just un-recused himself in the Jeffrey Epstein scandal
https://www.palmerreport.com/analysi...epstein/19214/

Old 07-12-2019, 08:58 AM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
On geez another day of dRATs acting out their TDS.
The sad thing about reading this first page (presumably others as well) is many of these posters would be silent if it were an Obama appointee, but use this as a means of self congratulatory attacks on Trump.
One of them in the circle talks of Maddow who apparently has a board with those no longer in the Trump admin.
Based on the commentary she apparently keeps a tally as a means of being critical of Trump.
Then when a thread like this starts, all the typical ID's pop in to express glee, even without much factual reason to do so, others than "orange man bad" comments because someone in his cabinet came under scrutiny.

I frankly do not know enough about this case yet, but there are a lot of nuisance and other factors that go into plea deals.

I have two friends who are both federal prosecutors, and they will let me know their opinions when I see them in the coming weeks.
But over the years I have heard plenty of stories how you have everything from incompetent prosecutors who drop the ball, to those who are great, but wind up with horrible cases.
Whether the case is botched from the initial phase of police/LE investigation, witnesses dump out, victims don't want to testify, etc., sometimes getting convictions is almost impossible. Thus plea deals will be made, or lesser charges pursued to try and get some jail time.

Not that the two directly compare, but look at Al Capone. This guy ran a criminal enterprise of murder, extortion, etc., but they could never get him on any of it.
Yet what put him behind bars and ended his reign of terror was income tax fraud he was prosecuted and convicted of.

The bottom line is that had this guy been an Obama guy, the glee you see and maybe even the thread itself would not be frequented by all these TDS types.

`

Old 07-12-2019, 09:08 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

Trump didn't fire him. That is what he should have done.

Old 07-12-2019, 09:09 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,009,949 times
Trump has so at high that has good at.......he has maybe the highest turnover of cabinet members and WH staff. I recall a promise to hire only the best/drain swamp. Carl Icahn's name constantly thrown out on the stump speech. What a cruel joke he played on his gullible deplorables.

Old 07-12-2019, 09:10 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
"I have no clue." Well, you got that right. This little creep Acosta went to bat for a child sex trafficker. Got him a sweetheart deal that involved very little jail time and even with that he was allowed out for 12 hours a day six days a week. Acosta also broke the law by not informing Epstein's victims about what was in the works. And then he tries to defend himself by claiming the deal wasn't even his fault. Tried to blame it on a Florida state prosecutor. This little weasel is a gutless, spineless, morally bankrupt little vermin. And Trump rewards him with a plum cabinet level position. Anyway, I hope now you have a clue.

Last edited by r small; 07-12-2019 at 09:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies