Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 10:47 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times

Advertisements

Not the normal cause of suicide but acceptable !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 11:36 AM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Not the normal cause of suicide but acceptable !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I let my car warm up in front of my house in the winter quite often. So do my neighbors. Nobody have ever had their car stolen.

The risk is next to nothing.
You can probably get away with that in podunkville, not here, people steal anything not bolted down.

Old 07-13-2019, 11:47 AM

19,842 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
The woman put her children in danger, what would you do?
Maybe he doesn’t see a problem with a mother who leaves her 7 month old and two young children in a car running in one of the highest crime areas of the US while she goes into a restaurant to see her boyfriend. Not everyone grasps being a responsible parent.

Old 07-13-2019, 11:51 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,696,468 times
No jury IMO would convict them. However the mother should be charged for leaving her children unsecured in a running vehicle.

Old 07-13-2019, 11:54 AM

17,304 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Though they should. It stopped being a matter of self/family defense when they chased him after he bailed and ran away. At that point turned to vigilantism.

Old 07-13-2019, 12:18 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
There are always people who agree with vigilante justice on this forum and I find it disturbing as well. If the father was fighting the guy one on one and wound up killing him in the fight or injuring him so badly he later died, I think the case for it being more acceptable would be better. But this was a bunch of people, it sounds like, beating the guy continuously when he was already subdued. They went beyond what was necessary to stop him. A bunch of people against one they already injured, they could have kept him controlled until the cops arrived.

People were probably filled with rage and it may have all happened very quickly but people should try to control themselves. This whole situation is a mess for sure.
My thoughts exactly! I don't believe the parents should be charged because they had to stop the kidnapping and defend their children, but once the mob arrived they could've held him down until police arrived. Was everyone involved even witness to the kidnapping, or did some people just show up and starting beating a man? And from everything people are saying about this neighborhood (hello flash mob violence), I'm more likely to believe some of the attackers were just bloodthirsty thugs. Why would they upload this to Instagram if they're just innocent superheroes saving children? The guy had 24 prior arrests so I believe some of the mob had been wronged by him in the past, and just wanted to to get their licks in for revenge. Why else would you repeatedly kick a downed man in the head? The kidnapping was thwarted and the children were safe. At that point it's murder and I'm HIGHLY disturbed that people are defending this.

Old 07-13-2019, 12:24 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,522,451 times
If Judges started enforcing the punishment for the crime rather then turning to the
liberal handbook, stories like this would end rather quickly

Criminals by definition do not obey the law !

Old 07-13-2019, 12:35 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Bright news of the day.

Lesson learned for the would be thief.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...6oy-story.html
I get that the guy was enraged, but you can't beat people do death for that. That crowd could have easily restrained the thief and waited for the police to show up.

As for the mom:

Quote:
The three children, a 7-month-old, a 1-year-old and a 5-year-old...
In what world is that okay? She should also be charged for leaving her kids in the car, unattended.

Old 07-13-2019, 12:41 PM

505 posts, read 368,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Had the car-child jacker been an illegal alien, AOC would be screaming Hate-Crime!
But he wasn't, so your argument is irrelevant.

Old 07-13-2019, 02:12 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You can probably get away with that in podunkville, not here, people steal anything not bolted down.
This incident occurred in North Philly. One of the worst areas of the city. It is a very high crime area, with a lot of violent crime, drug trade, gangs, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies