Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 12:01 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,127,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
My very first thought is literally, "How many black people will the Republican president kill this time?"

But Kanye likes this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 12:06 AM

16,237 posts, read 5,834,795 times
Quote:
My very first thought is literally, "How many black people will the Republican president kill this time?"

Or the democrat Governor?
or their own stubbornness ?

Were their only black people who lived in the area? hmmmm

Leave it to the left to never miss a chance to drop the race card

Old 07-13-2019, 12:12 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,185,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
But Kanye likes this one.

Kanye flip flops more than Trump and can turn on a "friend" at the drop of a hat, like Trump.

Old 07-13-2019, 12:22 AM

10,019 posts, read 9,452,869 times
Quote:

Well you really aren’t thinking then. Totally overlooking the Democratic Governor and Democratic Mayor (who by the way is a crook and behind bars). I mean really. Sorry to disappoint you but Trump has already directed assistance ahead of time. But don’t worry maybe CNN can find someone on a raft to film and blame Trump so you have something to ***** about.

Old 07-13-2019, 12:22 AM

1,663 posts, read 867,261 times
No, this is not Katrina part 2. First of all, Barry isn't even a hurricane, it's a tropical storm with max sustained winds of 65 mph, while Katrina was a strong category 3 hurricane, with winds of 125 mph when it made landfall in Louisiana.
Second, this is not due to "climate change", and it's nothing we haven't seen before. Hurricane Alma struck Florida as a cat 3 June 8 1966, and hurricane Audrey, also a 125 mph cat 3 storm, struck Texas and Louisiana June 27, 1957.
We have been hearing since the 1980s that climate doomsday is just around the corner, yet none of these predictions ever come true. Hurricanes were supposed to be getting stronger and more frequent, yet the United States went a record 142 months without a major hurricane strike from 2005 to 2017, shattering the old record of 96 months set between 1860-1869.

Old 07-13-2019, 12:24 AM

17,504 posts, read 17,386,954 times
This is frustrating. I’m in Lafayette Louisiana, one of the parishes in the direct path of the storm. But if all you watch are cable and national news then all you see is New Orleans. New Orleans isn’t in the direct path of the storm. They are having flooding but that’s because of poor management by city leaders since before and after hurricane Katrina. The previous mayor of New Orleans was more focused on removing Civil War era statues than fixing the drainage issues and the new mayor inherited his mess. I’m getting ready to go to work at the hospital. They want us in place before the brunt of the storm hits so we’ll be in place for when things goes wrong. I work in the boiler room. That means boilers, emergency generators, medical gas, and elevator entrapment. The last direct hit we took resulted in a tornado forming nearby causing power outage and blown out windows. Even without the tornado we had rain water entering the building in some areas. Volume combined with horizontal rain means it will find a way in the building. Today we have all new sealed double insulated windows but we expect rain water to enter the building in heavy down pours. Our building is elevated enough that it won’t flood.

Old 07-13-2019, 12:25 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,185,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Or the democrat Governor?
or their own stubbornness ?

Were their only black people who lived in the area
? hmmmm

Leave it to the left to never miss a chance to drop the race card

Did you really just asked if there are only black people living in the freakin' Lower Ninth Ward in New Orleans???? Oh lord. You may as well ask if there are only white people living in Norway.

I'm sure there are other races who live there, but one can literally spend days, maybe weeks, in the LNW and not see anyone but African American.

Old 07-13-2019, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Did you really just asked if there are only black people living in the freakin' Lower Ninth Ward in New Orleans???? Oh lord. You may as well ask if there are only white people living in Norway.

I'm sure there are other races who live there, but one can literally spend days, maybe weeks, in the LNW and not see anyone but African American.

And if you’re not from the area you will have a hard time understanding their extremely thick accent and slang talk. I’m from Lafayette and I sometimes have trouble understanding them.

Old 07-13-2019, 12:28 AM

10,019 posts, read 9,452,869 times
Quote:

Well at least that dumb ass Democratic mayor is behind bars so maybe some lives will be saved.

Old 07-13-2019, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Well at least that dumb ass Democratic mayor is behind bars so maybe some lives will be saved.
But the one who replaced him was more focused on removing civil war era statues instead of fixing the drainage systems. That’s why parts of New Orleans is flooding before the storm hit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies