Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Crush the subversives using the full force of the US government against them
yes 57 77.03%
no 17 22.97%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 04:53 PM

9,907 posts, read 9,578,161 times

Advertisements

all the protestors should be rounded up and arrested, for defending ILLEGAL ALIENS, but they keep calling them immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 08:20 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,067 times
This would be a death sentence in some countries.

Old 07-13-2019, 08:25 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We never saw this sort of thing when Obama was president. Trump can't manage the border and his inept cabinet cannot run a refugee camp. Losers.
This sort of thing was never seen because Obama loved illegals and we had an open border. Trump can manage the border just fine if the dippy Dems and nitwit libs would stop putting up roadblocks at every turn. Trumps been the only President in decades that actually wants to stop the gravy train .

Old 07-13-2019, 09:49 PM

39,190 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It takes effort to get a protest noticed; if that is what it took then so be it.

I am way MORE upset about how we are treating children and asylum seekers than I am how we are treating the flag. Where is anyone's concern about the children?

Patriotism is anything BUT blind obedience - which is what most of you seem to advocate for.

Pass, one thousand times, pass.
Funny that you are now talking about patriotism.

Do you even know what they did? They pulled down American flag and replaced it with another nation's flag!

the citizenship of every person involved in removing the American flag for the purpose of flying the flag of the Mexican government, in essence has declared war on the United States and should have their citizenship revoked and should be removed from the United States. Period.

Try replacing American flag in an American embassy on foreign soil and see what happens! WOW, just WOW.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:53 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The freedom and tolerance that you and I saw as young people would blow the young people of today away. They have no clue.
Yeah some didn't have the same freedom or see the same tolerance did they?

Old 07-13-2019, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Funny that you are now talking about patriotism.

Do you even know what they did? They pulled down American flag and replaced it with another nation's flag!

the citizenship of every person involved in removing the American flag for the purpose of flying the flag of the Mexican government, in essence has declared war on the United States and should have their citizenship revoked and should be removed from the United States. Period.

Try replacing American flag in an American embassy on foreign soil and see what happens! WOW, just WOW.
It is not a declaration of war.

It hurts your feelings.

It is a symbol of protest.

It brings attention to the problem.

And you are right -- in a foreign country you can't express your protest.

DUH? That's the whole point of the USA isn't it.

It can offend you and others but it is not a declaration of war.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:57 PM

39,190 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It is not a declaration of war.

It hurts your feelings.

It is a symbol of protest.

It brings attention to the problem.

And you are right -- in a foreign country you can't express your protest.

DUH? That's the whole point of the USA isn't it.

It can offend you and others but it is not a declaration of war.
Duh?

So in your opinion, I could go to Canada and remove their national flag in front of a government building, and replace it with American flag?!

Duh?! Give me break

"In a foreign country, you cannot express your protest."

huh? What the hell are you even talking about?

American embassy on foreign soil = America

You remove American flag in an American embassy on foreign soil and replace American flag with a foreign national flag = declare war

Got it? You simply DO NOT replace national flag with another nation's flag!

Duh! I have some news for you. People protest in front of American embassy on foreign soil on DAILY basis. People burn American flag in front of American embassy on DAILY basis. SO yes, they do protest. The difference is they can't come into the embassy and replace American flag with other nation's flag !! Your ignorance is astonishing!

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 07-13-2019 at 10:25 PM..

Old 07-13-2019, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Duh?

So in your opinion, I could go to Canada and remove their national flag in front of a government building, and replace it with American flag?!

Duh?! Give me break

"In a foreign country, you cannot express your protest."

huh? What the hell are you even talking about?

American embassy on foreign soil = America

You remove American flag in an American embassy on foreign soil and replace American flag with a foreign national flag = declare war

Got it? You simply DO NOT replace national flag with another nation's flag!

Duh! I have some news for you. People protest in front of American embassy on foreign soil on DAILY basis. People burn American flag in front of American embassy on DAILY basis. SO yes, they do protest. The difference is they can't come into the embassy and replace American flag with other nation's flag !! Your ignorance is astonishing!
You didn't read my post...I said of course in a foreign country you wouldn't do that.

We are in the USA.
We are better.
When someone does something stupid -- it is stupid -- but it isn't a declaration of war.

Overly dramatic.........

Old 07-13-2019, 10:38 PM

2,557 posts, read 2,215,576 times
If you're trying to get people on your side, that ain't the way to go about it.

Old 07-13-2019, 10:40 PM

17,597 posts, read 6,890,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You didn't read my post...I said of course in a foreign country you wouldn't do that.

We are in the USA.
We are better.
When someone does something stupid -- it is stupid -- but it isn't a declaration of war.

Overly dramatic.........
The point you seem to be missing is that this is NOT ok. Americans of all political persuasions should be condemning this. But, they're not. The silence of our left wing friends speaks volumes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies