Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 08:29 PM

35,700 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

Real retirees are expats - can’t afford the ins house and utilities anymore. Blame them sure... never the wealthy raping this country. Yep keep idolizing them. Another note- before many parents lived with their children - the boomers are far away in many ways from their mom or dads trying to survive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 08:32 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Yes Acsota...on your way out you said we should talk about the great economy and not how you enabled a pedophile...so let's go...

Quarter of Americans don't expect to ever retire: poll
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...er-retire-poll

So much for The American Dream
Cry baby Demonicraps...I retired at 60 and living my American dream. Acosta did nothing wrong and is going to be rich in the private sector as he should.

Old 07-13-2019, 08:39 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Yes Acsota...on your way out you said we should talk about the great economy and not how you enabled a pedophile...so let's go...

1. its a poll on a blog

2. most people who planned...will retire

I am retiring this year...at 57.5...with two pensions, plus

its called future planning, instead of HAVING to HAVe the latest iPhone and other gadgets

Old 07-13-2019, 08:39 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:

Thats because 1/4 of Americans are obviously waiting for someone else to provide them with a retirement.

It's all about the choices we make. Opportunities are there for those willing to work and sacrifice.

I worked in a place that everyone had the exact same opportunities to build their retirement accounts. I retired at 55. Most of my peers couldn't even begin to think about retiring before 62 or 65. Why? New car every 3 years. Bigger house every 10 years. Financing trips to Disney. I never financed a vacation in my life.

Some are born poor and never figured a way out. Some lost a good job and had to use their savings. Most Americans just dont sacrifice and save enough.

So what is the solution? Go after the retirement accounts of those who did plan ahead? Raise taxes on everyone to pay for those who refused to plan ahead?

Raise SS tax? LOL to pay for a bigger pay out? Do it. Do it. LOL Ill laugh all the way to the bank.

Old 07-13-2019, 08:42 PM

35,700 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Cry baby Demonicraps...I retired at 60 and living my American dream. Acosta did nothing wrong and is going to be rich in the private sector as he should.
You think republicans not having problems too - so me myself n I -

Old 07-13-2019, 08:42 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
[Dashing Water Flag On]
Blaming inability to 'manage money' as a cause for woe is unwarranted.
Few Americans even know how bad the 'money system' is.
You can't win, even when you obey their rules.
Why?
Tax shift inflation nibbles away at the buying power.
Debauched currency and counterfeit fractional coin is another.
All federal reserve notes (dollar bills) are IOUs borrowed into existence - at usury.

To pay the usury requires MORE dollar bills to be borrowed.
Coincidentally, CONgress is borrowing more than they pay in debt service - doing what Bernie Madoff did in the private sector - without consequence.

Economically speaking, the folks who are unaffected by the money system are self reliant, self sufficient farmers (ex: Amish, Mennonite) that barter among their own and do not need "English" money.

Old 07-13-2019, 08:45 PM

25,574 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
One quarter of Americans don't expect to ever retire
It's Trump's fault. They were gonna retire until Trump became President. Now they can't.
I bet they vote for Kamala.

Old 07-13-2019, 08:45 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Thats because 1/4 of Americans are obviously waiting for someone else to provide them with a retirement.

It's all about the choices we make. Opportunities are there for those willing to work and sacrifice.

I worked in a place that everyone had the exact same opportunities to build their retirement accounts. I retired at 55. Most of my peers couldn't even begin to think about retiring before 62 or 65. Why? New car every 3 years. Bigger house every 10 years. Financing trips to Disney. I never financed a vacation in my life.

Some are born poor and never figured a way out. Some lost a good job and had to use their savings. Most Americans just dont sacrifice and save enough.

So what is the solution? Go after the retirement accounts of those who did plan ahead? Raise taxes on everyone to pay for those who refused to plan ahead?

Raise SS tax? LOL to pay for a bigger pay out? Do it. Do it. LOL Ill laugh all the way to the bank.
Yep, spot on. I know several people who think they should be able to spend and live as they wish, then feel like victims when they aren't able to save or get ahead. They don't realize they have to make some sacrifices for the future.

Old 07-13-2019, 08:46 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
You think republicans not having problems too - so me myself n I -
The 1/4 cry babies that don't expect ever to retire are 100% Demonicraps...republicans plan their life to retire well as i did and most all of my family as well.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:01 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
1. its a poll on a blog

2. most people who planned...will retire

I am retiring this year...at 57.5...with two pensions, plus

its called future planning, instead of HAVING to HAVe the latest iPhone and other gadgets
And where did you get your pensions from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies