Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 10:21 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As long as we are not addressing the employer angle, I'm going to support the people angle. I do not try and hide that.
When will you begin to support the American people angle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2019, 10:44 AM

62,949 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gualdo Gatico View Post
Si.

I don’t think ICE has the workforce for mass deportations. The people who were the target this weekend already had deportation notices.

Imagine the logistics needed to remove millions of people.
There is no plan for mass deportations. Just go after those whom we know where they live and as the others make themselves known detain and deport them. It's the law!

Did you actually agree that everyone who speaks Spanish is entitled to reparations. Reparations for what?

Old 07-16-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Here that poster goes again claiming we aren't going after the employers even though I have shown otherwise numerous time. I wonder why he/she keeps repeating themselves over and over?

Old 07-16-2019, 10:52 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Exactly this all a dog and pony show for his followers and they are eating up.
Exactly.

Anyone have any confirmed numbers on those taken into custody?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-16-2019, 10:57 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Who knows, maybe Trump is trying to lull the illegals into a false sense of security? Bunch of false alarms and pretty soon they just ignore the alarm. I would love to see ICE raids nail the illegals where they work along with their greedy employers.

Oh, yeah........he is just that clever ! Face it , this yuge ICE raid thing was a flop, as it should be. Just like his little "wall" fiasco, or his failed negotiations with Kim Jung Un.

The man (and I use that term lightly) has no idea what the Hell he is doing and uses bluster and insults to try to mask his stupidity. Sad part is, some people are fooled by it and somehow think he is being crafty.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
No. But I think the people who usually express concern for illegal immigration would be more than happy to see the employers penalized.

In the grand scheme, neither the illegal immigrants NOR the employers are facing any real consequences for their action.

Statistically, nobody gets deported if you look at the 10 million - 20 million here illegally, and the mere "thousands" deported.
Of course we want the employers caught and penalized. However, until e-verify is mandated it's hard to prove that they "knowingly" had illegals working for them. They present very authentic looking fake or stolen ID's so there is no way of knowing. Many employers pay them in cash. Over and over again I have stated that Trump has had e-verify in his last two budgets but was probably voted down by the Democrats just like in the past. They won't sign an e-verify bill unless there is an amnesty attached to it.

Trump reinstated the workplace raids that were discontinued under Obama and there have been a few employers caught and held accountable recently. A nursery and a garbage company just for example were caught and convicted. So to say that the employers aren't being held accountable is nonsense. Get the Democrats to go along with e-verify as a stand alone bill and it will stop further abuse by both the employers and their illegal hires. A bill needs to be crafted that includes making those already on a payroll pass it also. The Gang of 8 bill didn't allow for that and it wouldn't even go into effect for 5 years!

Old 07-16-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Oh, yeah........he is just that clever ! Face it , this yuge ICE raid thing was a flop, as it should be. Just like his little "wall" fiasco, or his failed negotiations with Kim Jung Un.

The man (and I use that term lightly) has no idea what the Hell he is doing and uses bluster and insults to try to mask his stupidity. Sad part is, some people are fooled by it and somehow think he is being crafty.
How do you know it was a flop? Cause the liberal MSN told you so? Wall fiasco? He never stopped fighting for it but it was the Democrats that wouldn't fund it so he has tried other avenues and in some cases liberal judges have tried to stop him also. He should be praised for his continued efforts to get it built.

His negotiations with a foreign leader has nothing to do with illegal immigration so there is no reason to bring that up in this forum. Bluster and insults? They have usually been because he was attacked first. The stupid ones are those who won't support securing our border and want a mass amnesty instead.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:36 PM

8,484 posts, read 6,891,592 times
The supposed ICE raids was another example of Trump's deliberate misinformation campaign to make us believe he took some action which in reality never happened. Hard facts. Trump has no comprehensive plan whatsoever to remove illegals even though he had two years of a Republican majority in the House and Senate to do something. Trump's big buck donors want cheap illegal labor to keep profits up.

The administration indicated that some 2,000 illegals who had ignored court ordered deportation orders would be rounded up. It now appears that just a handful were arrested. Even local law agencies and other officials in the targeted cities have said they have no knowledge whatsoever of any raids. The Trump administration. Lies and smoke and mirrors.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:43 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
As far as I'm concerned I am. Kowtowing to every whim of business/wall street IMO is very anti-people.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:44 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Here that poster goes again claiming we aren't going after the employers even though I have shown otherwise numerous time. I wonder why he/she keeps repeating themselves over and over?
No you haven't. You don't even have the cajones to address me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies