Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2019, 05:11 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
They were very well spoken, spot on. Moderate here and feel they handled things well. He couldn't be as eloquent. He can't communicate without errors in logic and other communication skills like begging the question and using straw man arguments. Everyday Americans fall for this unfortunately.

He uses the phrase "everybody knows" ---as in "everybody knows Ocasio is a communist"...or "everybody knows she hates America".....class fallacy in logic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
No they weren't. They regurgitated what they have been saying since they took office. There was nothing new here. They were anything but "well spoken." They did nothing but hurl insults. There was nothing substantive.

President Trump was right in his criticism of these four renegades. They have been disrespectful of America, of our system, and of our President, simply because they disagree with him on issues of immigration. Most Americans, however, agree with the President. Our laws must be enforced. We cannot have open borders, which means we have no country.

Worse, these four, and some other Democrats, are advocating for dispensing with "citizenship" altogether, choosing to favor the term, "residence." That would be the end of America as we know it.

Old 07-15-2019, 05:11 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,164,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The country will never unite behind anti-American hatred and if it ever did that would be the end of it !!!
The only "anti-American hatred" was uttered by Trump. And you're right, the country will never unite behind Donald J. Trump, he can't even get to 50% approval consistently.

Old 07-15-2019, 05:12 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,769,164 times
As a Moderate I will say they were better spoken than they usually are, but they were disingenuous in the cries of representing everyone. They've been antisemitic, racist, intolerant of even fellow Dems not deemed far left enough, and generally contemptuous of average working American values. I suspect the only thing they like about this country is it'll make them rather wealthy within a few years, far beyond what their earnings might otherwise indicate is possible. It is what happens after people get elected to Congress.

Old 07-15-2019, 05:13 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,894,149 times
I've tried over and over again to support our president as I feel in order to be a strong Nation we have to support our leaders. However Trump just makes it harder and harder for Patriots like myself to support him when he displays his lack of true understanding of what it means to be an American. I simply can't support it, and I feel like any of those running on the left atleast have a basic understanding of what it means to be american. Enough is enough and Trump has got to go I'm officially anything, but Trump 2020.

Him telling Americans for the most part born here to go back to where they came from is idiotic to say the least as his own grandparents aren't from here. What in his mind makes him more of an American than them? Can someone please enlighten me.

Old 07-15-2019, 05:15 PM

10,029 posts, read 9,504,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
On the right it is. They believe in waiting for it to trickle down from the ones that get the tax breaks. That is the American way!
Demanding open borders and free healthcare to anyone who walks across the border with no way to pay for it, is the left thinking. Only an idiot would believe that crap, but whatever ever gives you guys that tingle down your leg.

Old 07-15-2019, 05:16 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,420,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
The only "anti-American hatred" was uttered by Trump. And you're right, the country will never unite behind Donald J. Trump, he can't even get to 50% approval consistently.
Bingo!

Old 07-15-2019, 05:17 PM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
So, there was no substance to what they said, but they said it well?

That's all that matters in Washington.... haven't you figured it out?

Democrats sweetly say how much they're going to tax the bejesus out of you and their base eats it up because they say it nicely.

The substance of Trump's tweet about improving the countries that these migrants are fleeing from went right over their heads ......

Because all they care about is the political points they can get from the "Go back home" part of what he said.

Old 07-15-2019, 05:17 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,164,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
As a Moderate I will say they were better spoken than they usually are, but they were disingenuous in the cries of representing everyone. They've been antisemitic...
Just because Democrats believe Israel should be less harsh to Palestinians and stop stealing their land doesn't make them antisemitic. You can have policy disagreements with the Israeli government without hating all Jews. It's a dishonest label, frankly.

Old 07-15-2019, 05:18 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,880 times
I think it's laughable that they pulled this stunt on a Monday.

Front page tomorrow for sure. NY Post will be a hoot!

Old 07-15-2019, 05:18 PM

10,029 posts, read 9,504,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Please tell me you’re not mentioning polls, haven’t you guys learn your lesson in 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies