Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2019, 06:15 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
then work to elect someone else...insulting the president on a random internet board is so so meaningful...

You know you don't have to read or reply to said comments, right?

Old 07-15-2019, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Omar doesn't even know what our "founding values" are.

Do you know the "founding values" without looking them up on the interwebs?

Last edited by Timmyy; 07-15-2019 at 06:32 PM..

Old 07-15-2019, 06:16 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
He told them since they all know so much...to go back and fix it...then come back and tell us how it's done...

...and if he had said the exact same thing to some white women...no one would be saying xenophobic and bigoted

libs are saying treating them like white women is racist..now who's the racist here?
These gals are trying their best to fix this country. Hard to do when people support the fool in the WH.

Old 07-15-2019, 06:19 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What you may be missing is the left has been condemning Trump's comments for 3 years !!! It's not a new thing !!! They aren't doing anything to Trump that hasn't been done many times before !!!

The clown "squad" has been getting a pass on their anti-American hatred and racism etc....

Trump is the "occupant" not the President.
They have never accepted the fact that he won election and is the President.

It is their record of hate that Trump puts in focus !!! Their record is disgusting even to people who just like America a little bit !!!

'Time after time we see these anti-American remarks' from Democrat 'squad'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...tez-ilhan-omar

anti-Semitic remarks that have been made by Ilhan Omar and Rashid Tlaib and AOC,"

Ilhan Omar pleading for an ISIS member to get a lesser sentence. He was planning to travel over to Syria and in that document, she just completely ripped apart the United States. Time after time we see these anti-American remarks."
^^^^^ Those people aren't the President.

Trump is the President. Among other things, he shouldn't be doing what is known as 'punching down'.

Nothing in the above excuses what Trump said, nor does it create any country for three of them that is more their country than the U.S. is.

Old 07-15-2019, 06:20 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
These gals are trying their best to fix this country. Hard to do when people support the fool in the WH.
Fix, lol Take that fix back home with you

Old 07-15-2019, 06:21 PM

2,818 posts, read 2,283,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The Dems had a rough week and were quibbling a lot. Donald Trump decided to give them a gift.

I don't see how uniting the Dems and making them stronger is a win for Trump.

But hey--nobody is looking a gift horse in the mouth. Good job Donny!
I hope that is true. But, I'm cynical about the capacity of people to rationalize away Trump's actions/rhetoric.

There might even be a Machiavellian argument that this helps Trump by:
1) Boosting the visibility of "the Squad" and reinforcing the image of them as Democratic thought leaders (rather than freshmen backbenchers with little power).
2) Baiting Democrats/liberals into calling Trump voters racists/deplorables OR framing society as a struggle between resentful racist whites who have all the breaks and benevolent oppressed persons of color who succeed only by overcoming white racism.
3) helping to gin up emotional outrage among (mostly) whites who may otherwise be unmotivated by a "policy oriented" campaign message (healthcare, taxes, etc,).

I have been in the camp that Trump won "in spite of" not "because of" his racism and demagoguery. I would like to think he pays a price for his bigotry. But, I'm uncertain the penalty is big enough to seal his fate in 2020.

If Trump has to be reelected, I had hoped (against all evidence) it would be on a Regan-style "Morning in America" economic message vs a left wing democrat. But, Trump doesn't have the discipline or moral compass to run that kind of campaign. There is a real possibility that Trump runs an openly racist/demagogic campaign and gets reelected. I genuinely fear what Trump's 2020 campaign will do to the social fabric of the country.

Last edited by jpdivola; 07-15-2019 at 06:40 PM..

Old 07-15-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
"This is a distraction and we should not take the bait."

Um, holding a press conference is totally taking the bait.

Also ... question for Omar: "Are you a communist and pro-Alqaeda?"

Omar: "I will not digify that with an answer."

Well thanks, you just gave us an answer ....

No, she did not give the answer. You are assuming she is a communist and pro Al Queada because you are a hard core Trump lover. The question was disrespectful.

Old 07-15-2019, 06:26 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,351,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
As a Moderate I will say they were better spoken than they usually are, but they were disingenuous in the cries of representing everyone. They've been antisemitic, racist, intolerant of even fellow Dems not deemed far left enough, and generally contemptuous of average working American values. I suspect the only thing they like about this country is it'll make them rather wealthy within a few years, far beyond what their earnings might otherwise indicate is possible. It is what happens after people get elected to Congress.
Indeed that's what it's all about! As they rail against wealth and inequality. Such hypocrisy on their part.

Old 07-15-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
An anonymous Democratic group leaked a poll that shows swing voters deeply dislike Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the left wing, widening the party's rift

You should really read the comments at the bottom of the article.

https://news.yahoo.com/anonymous-dem...205906247.html

Context is key here.

The poll found that Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez had a 22% approval rating and Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota had a 9% approval rating among 1,003 "likely general-election voters who are white and have two years or less of college education" and knew of the two outspoken lawmakers.

Old 07-15-2019, 06:28 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,642,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I agree, and some Republicans/Conservatives think it should be the 1950s again when women had to stay at home cleaning, cooking, and taking care of kids, but definitely should not have any political opinions at all!

These women have changed all of that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies