Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2019, 10:39 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
We aren't going to see eye to eye on this. And while his retort was completely asinine , and should never have been said, they have been critiquing and knit picking his policy from the day they were sworn in. Remember Tlaib and her "let's impeach the motherf#$ker " rant ? Yeah, I don't see Bernie doing this.

As far as the squad, they are just the annoying clique that has banded together. I'm assuming he really wanted to just tell them to shut the f#$k up, but blurted out what he did instead. Either way, definitely a bad move on his part.
We agree way more than you think. I don't object to much that you said in this post...except Bernie has said some wild stuff over the years.

And you are right -- these women have chosen to walk the tight rope of controversy saying things to trigger reactions. They are junior politicians & are using their 2 minute of fame.

Are they dangerous to the USA - not a hope in hell.

Trump's handling of them and this situation I think is a play to the base.

That's a dangerous move. In a Presidential election you don't play to the base. They are on your side already.

In 2016 three states were the swing states and Trump won those states by a total of 80,000 votes. I think all three states were states that Clinton was criticized for NOT paying attention to. The big claim to Trump's fame -- he went there and campaigned. He needs to go after those folks. And those folks are the kind that might think he's a racist after saying something like that.

Those people are not as loyal.

So as I said -- you and I agree more than not.

If Trump could stay on policy, drop the personal attacks, I think he could win in 2020 easily.

I don't think the tactics used in the last campaign will be as effective. I think people are going to be looking for substantive arguments.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:42 AM

46,948 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
unless and until you can demonstrate that poster championing legal immigration, the only lie i'm seeing is in your post
You know what? You're not wrong. Kavalier has had the nerve to say out loud what the rest of the right are just whispering. So, as it applies to Kavalier, retracted.

Now for the rest of you to find the courage of your convictions.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:43 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,009,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
how exactly is that "racist?" the problem with that word is that it has exactly zero impact anymore. you people have cried wolf for over a decade, and now whenever the word is used it's laughed at.
Your education is lacking if you can't see a clear racist remark -

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...st/1741855001/

Unfortunately, as bad as Trump has been as an individual, there's no clear-cut replacement waiting to lead the country.

Until then, it appears that the country has to live with its mistake in electing him.

It was clear that he was a racist before being elected, so you really have to blame the American voter for electing him. The everyday American who voted for him or stayed home and didn't vote is who I'm mostly disappointed/saddened about. What has happened to this once great country?

Old 07-16-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Trump's handling of them and this situation I think is a play to the base.

That's a dangerous move. In a Presidential election you don't play to the base. They are on your side already.
We're dealing with a man (sort of) who needs constant ego-stroking and a base that's in it for the random cruel remark that conforms their prejudices.

It's impossible for Trump to not play to the base.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
It was clear that he was a racist before being elected, so you really have to blame the American voter for electing him. The everyday American who voted for him or stayed home and didn't vote is who I'm mostly disappointed/saddened about. What has happened to this once great country?
In fairness, most American voters didn't actually throw their ballot for him.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:46 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You know what? You're not wrong. Kavalier has had the nerve to say out loud what the rest of the right are just whispering. So, as it applies to Kavalier, retracted.

Now for the rest of you to find the courage of your convictions.
What's the problem? A person can't point out that there is more harm than good done with admitting millions of people a year?

Old 07-16-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
What's the problem? A person can't point out that there is more harm than good done with admitting millions of people a year?
But Trump's theory is not to stop all immigration -- it is to control what kind - -he likes those European countries thank you but none of those other ones.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:52 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But Trump's theory is not to stop all immigration -- it is to control what kind - -he likes those European countries thank you but none of those other ones.
With all due respect, we don't need to take in people from sh*******. How in heaven's name is that good for the average American? Well, it's not.

(More to your point: I do not believe Trump ever said he only wants immigrants from white countries.)

Old 07-16-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
With all due respect, we don't need to take in people from sh*******. How in heaven's name is that good for the average American? Well, it's not.

(More to your point: I do not believe Trump ever said he only wants immigrants from white countries.)
Noe he didn't use the term 'white countries'. 'European' is code for that.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:56 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,796,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
What the heck just happened to this thread?

As far as I can tell, 3 separate posts - that were pretty different - have all been tossed into one TRUMP IS RACIST thread.

Totally makes all the debates that were going on between posters incoherant.
I was just thinking the same exact thing. What a mess.

Thinking about this whole situation this morning while drinking my coffee, I can't help but to think he is putting some kind of strategy in here. You know like you do in the game of chess. They are merely pawns. If he is, they are playing right into his strategy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies