Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 08:11 PM

6,359 posts, read 8,838,725 times

Advertisements

For all the endless discussion about Ilhan Omar being antisemetic, I have yet to see a single dirct quotation made by her that I would remotely consider to be antisemetic on any level.

So, n, I don’t consider her to be an antisemite. But I will keep an open mind. If anyone can offer a validated quote from Omar with words that show antisemitism, I would certainly question my position.

Let’s make it clear: any commentary made by Omar on Israel has nothing to do with Jews. Jews do not = Israel. Israel does not = Jews.

To be upfront on where I am coming frm, let mevmakecthis clear. I am progressive and liberal and I am a Jew, most comfortable in my Jewish skin. I do not support zionism or the state of Israel and my personal opinion is that there is nothing of Jewish values in a nation that believes it should have a homeland, have special status over others in that state

A state is there to serve all people within that state. Equally.

I have to say I find Israelis to be highly bigoted, prejudice and discriminatory. Their values are not mine. Andvit would hard to treat antisemetism as a poster child for prejudicet and hatred because Israel show that Jews can just as ably by on the giving end of bigotry as the eeceiving

I take pride in how many Jews of conscience are out there who oppose the occupation and degredation of the Palestinian people. So may Jews have been at the forefront in this battle for justice and equality.

These are my opinions. Yours may be different and I respect that

I’m tired of cries of antisemitism being used against those who criticize Israel

I have yet to find one antisemetic (not anti Israel) Omar has made. If anyone has a cess to one, who can google better than I, please share.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:20 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
I have to say I find Israelis to be highly bigoted, prejudice and discriminatory. Their values are not mine.
Oh yeah, "I hate blacks and racism"

Old 07-19-2019, 08:34 PM

746 posts, read 1,325,301 times
Edsg25,

I agree with you 100 percent, and feel exactly the same way.

Thank you for speaking the truth.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:35 PM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times
She accused elected officials in Congress of having allegiance to Israel instead of the US.
This was back in March and there were plenty of stories on this.
Also the Senate passed 3 resolutions on antisemite speeches..all target at her because of what she had said.

It's all there if you look for it. But it seems you don't.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:36 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Be prepared to take a lot of heat, posters #1 and #3.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:45 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
She accused elected officials in Congress of having allegiance to Israel instead of the US.
This was back in March and there were plenty of stories on this.
Also the Senate passed 3 resolutions on antisemite speeches..all target at her because of what she had said.

It's all there if you look for it. But it seems you don't.
Israel has always been kowtowed to by the U.S. It's ridiculous. How is that anti-semitic? They're murderous thugs. There. I said it. And I'm not anti-semitic in the least. I just hate the idolizing of this country.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:46 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
For all the endless discussion about Ilhan Omar being antisemetic, I have yet to see a single dirct quotation made by her that I would remotely consider to be antisemetic on any level.

So, n, I don’t consider her to be an antisemite. But I will keep an open mind. If anyone can offer a validated quote from Omar with words that show antisemitism, I would certainly question my position.

Let’s make it clear: any commentary made by Omar on Israel has nothing to do with Jews. Jews do not = Israel. Israel does not = Jews.

To be upfront on where I am coming frm, let mevmakecthis clear. I am progressive and liberal and I am a Jew, most comfortable in my Jewish skin. I do not support zionism or the state of Israel and my personal opinion is that there is nothing of Jewish values in a nation that believes it should have a homeland, have special status over others in that state

A state is there to serve all people within that state. Equally.

I have to say I find Israelis to be highly bigoted, prejudice and discriminatory. Their values are not mine. Andvit would hard to treat antisemetism as a poster child for prejudicet and hatred because Israel show that Jews can just as ably by on the giving end of bigotry as the eeceiving

I take pride in how many Jews of conscience are out there who oppose the occupation and degredation of the Palestinian people. So may Jews have been at the forefront in this battle for justice and equality.

These are my opinions. Yours may be different and I respect that

I’m tired of cries of antisemitism being used against those who criticize Israel

I have yet to find one antisemetic (not anti Israel) Omar has made. If anyone has a cess to one, who can google better than I, please share.
I'm a Progressive Liberal Jewish person and after reading and listening to all of Congresswoman Omar's statements in reference to Israel I cannot find anything she said that is even remotely anti-Semitic and in fact she spoke the truth. .

Last edited by Oldhag1; 07-19-2019 at 10:48 PM.. Reason: Trump is NOT the topic

Old 07-19-2019, 08:47 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,298,699 times
Quote:
Can anyone supply a quotation made by Ilhan Omar that is antisemetic?
Doesn't matter. She has been successfully branded as antisemitic and she will always have to fight that label.
Politicians have been doing that to each other for years. Seems like Democrats are a bit better at it, since they have SNL and most of the media helping them out.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:50 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
She had a couple of tweets she kind of walked back on right?

Look -- perhaps her background makes her more critical of Israeli policy...but I've seen Jews that have said they support her criticism.

AND...reality -- she's not a Democrat with power...with voting power....even if you believe her to be some threat...she's not.

But if you are the Republicans and you don't have faith in your 'economy' to get you though this -- you gotta create this demon...this squad.....this ethnic based argument...(because it is clear Trump and gang has not chosen Biden or Sanders to attack).......

Old 07-19-2019, 09:04 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Israel has always been kowtowed to by the U.S. It's ridiculous. How is that anti-semitic? They're murderous thugs. There. I said it. And I'm not anti-semitic in the least. I just hate the idolizing of this country.
Mighty bold statement. Guess we know where you stand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies