Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 12:23 AM

7,818 posts, read 4,538,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
This.

Whenever I see a Trump hater "worry" about Trump's base, I smell fear.

Don't worry anti-Trumpers, we got this covered.

Say Trump's base is 35%, add 5 to 10% to that, then add another 35% independents to that, and there's your landslide.

Y'all need to worry about losing your House back.
Numbers are fairly meaningless at this juncture except that it is worth noting that if you're holding hopes on a 5/10/15 percentage point pickup as an incumbent enjoying a robust economy and no war, (both of which can change in a heartbeat) I'd be perhaps not in a panic, but most certainly very concerned. It's entirely possible come election day 35% will the the extent of his support.

Hillary thought she had it in the bag too. If he continues to exclusively pander strictly to a 30-some percent base, he's going to be out of a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 03:31 AM

29,184 posts, read 22,227,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Numbers are fairly meaningless at this juncture except that it is worth noting that if you're holding hopes on a 5/10/15 percentage point pickup as an incumbent enjoying a robust economy and no war, (both of which can change in a heartbeat) I'd be perhaps not in a panic, but most certainly very concerned. It's entirely possible come election day 35% will the the extent of his support.

Hillary thought she had it in the bag too. If he continues to exclusively pander strictly to a 30-some percent base, he's going to be out of a job.
Yup. 35% might not turn the trick. Trump thinks he's a master at 3-Card Monte. Everyone knows how that works out after that con has been played for a while.

Old 07-15-2019, 05:20 AM

29,985 posts, read 18,558,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Of course there was an ulterior motive for Trump the environmental serial killer to bring up the environment and his base actually had the audacity to post articles that so obviously lie abut his record on the environment.
That's why he won the 2016 election- base was too small.

Meanwhile, the dems alienate everyone who is not tansgender, a whacko, or a minority. THAT is Trump's base- everyone the dems have alienated.

Old 07-15-2019, 05:52 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,231,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Phew, I thought "Base" was some urban dictionary slang for reproductive organs.
Huh?? Sorry, I don't get it. This is the "Politics" forum, right?

Old 07-15-2019, 05:52 AM

11,989 posts, read 5,257,426 times
Here’s a link to an excellent article by Nate Cohn of the NYT that discusses how massive turnout in the 2020 election wouldn’t necessarily help Democrats. It’s an even handed article just based upon numbers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/15/u...core-ios-share

Old 07-15-2019, 05:57 AM

14,465 posts, read 11,231,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Of course there was an ulterior motive for Trump the environmental serial killer to bring up the environment and his base actually had the audacity to post articles that so obviously lie abut his record on the environment.
I think you should probably start praying for the economy to collapse because beyond the twitter wars and the unhinged Left, everything is going very very smoothly for the country

Old 07-15-2019, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Maybe these people are unemployed, or underemployed....seem to have a lot of time on their hands to wait in line for days just to do love-ins with others wearing the same old crusty red hats.
Who said anything about "days?"

Employed people may take a day off. I don't know. Who cares? What difference does it make? The fact is, Trump gets many thousands of people at his rallies, while Democrats are lucky if they get close to 1,000 (only Biden did). Some have only managed to get a couple hundred, and some even less than 100. What does that tell you? And de Blasio got zero.

"Crusty old red hats?" They all look new to me. I wonder if you also criticized Hillary supporters for wearing shirts with her trite slogan, "Stronger together?"

Old 07-15-2019, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The Leftist "mainstream" media would say the video is 'doctored' and show videos instead of vast areas without any people, taken while people were still arriving, much as they did when Trump was inaugurated. They can't deal with the reality of his popularity.

Old 07-15-2019, 07:08 AM

21,431 posts, read 7,403,728 times
Trump Election Advisers Panic After Realizing His Base Is Too Small

The guy never pivoted. This is not like reality TV (or professional wrestling) where the formula does not change. Up until the present all US presidents have tried to reach across the aisle and meet their fellow citizens half way or part way wherever possible.

In the real world, when a person wants to be president for all Americans that person has an obligation to listen to all of the constituents and try to meet with their concerns in a straightforward and evenhanded way. Trump does not believe in this, so he doesn't do it.

People do not need to get 100% of their wish list, in fact they would not expect it, but Trump does not reach out to them and they (by now) all know it.

The leopard never changes his spots ...

Old 07-15-2019, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
As usual, the Trump sycophants have no clue about how small and insignificant his "base" really is. Without a large mass of deluded independents, he has far fewer votes than he would need to impose himself on us for another term. Few of those independents will buy his line of complete falsehood, a second time around.
"Small and insignificant?" You must be a CNN/MSNBC viewer.

What is his "line of complete falsehood"?

Even Hillary didn't have the numbers at her rallies in 2016 that Trump did. And Trump's numbers have only grown since then.

Not one Democrat running today is viable. Not ONE. They have no message except "Trump is bad," and "I'm going to make everything "free."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies