Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 02:26 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
But why continue to pander to them when, as you say they are locked in at the expense of planting doubts in the minds of those more moderate?
Because it is the only thing he knows how to do...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 03:02 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Yup, and when the economy starts going south* it won't be enough to save him.

* Just a quick for what it worth:

I'm fortunate enough to have built up fairly robust financial assets, enough so that I employ two different financial adviser concerns. One is a name you all would know, the other is a boutique operation. They don't know about me doing business with the other yet both of them have been actively taking steps to move assets into a more defensive position independent of each other. Great, that's why they earn their fees.

It's all fun and games for Trump to make noise about whatever ethnic or political tribe he has a grievance about but when the market starts getting wonky and folks that haven't filled up on Trump's Kool-Aid start seeing their retirement investments drop 25%-30% all the venting Trump will no doubt spew about the Fed jobbing him or whatever other excuse he may have won't mean a thing to the voters he needs to fluff up his base.

As has been said many times on this thread, if the man, with all the advantages he has going for him right now can't get above a 50% approval rating what should be expected when a bad economic situation hits the fan?

Old 07-15-2019, 03:14 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Numbers are fairly meaningless at this juncture except that it is worth noting that if you're holding hopes on a 5/10/15 percentage point pickup as an incumbent enjoying a robust economy and no war, (both of which can change in a heartbeat) I'd be perhaps not in a panic, but most certainly very concerned. It's entirely possible come election day 35% will the the extent of his support.

Hillary thought she had it in the bag too. If he continues to exclusively pander strictly to a 30-some percent base, he's going to be out of a job.
Hillary did have it in the bag.

The problem with it is the IT she had.

IT for Crooked Hillary Rodham Clinton was the Lamestream Blamestream Fakestream Mainstream media and the cooked up polls.

The IT Trump has is us real salt of the earth working American voters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
LOL, Dream on.
Ah don't you worry about me skippy.

I just now logged in and refreshed my screen to see 8, that's 8 + reps from you people about that quote of mine you just responded to.

I thank the eight of you and all the others who would have + repped me had they not had to already spread it around.

So, to the other seven I must go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
LOL, Dream on.
Well, that's pretty much what y'all did last time.....

And look what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
If his base has not abandoned him by now, they are his no matter what he does.

All anybody needs to know about the official Republican Party need do is look at Paul Ryan.

Anybody who thought the Tea Party faction was all about a balanced budget and/or no more deficit spending needs to rethink their opinion.
Projection Your honor! Talk to us about your 40 trillion dollar healthcare plan for the world NOT!

Quote:
Not everyone sees what you see.

Not everyone thinks the things Trump says are "Hate".

The Left has done their level best to run their entire platform on finding "hate" under every rock.

I have a little clue for you:

The America that I know is sick of it.

Sick of identity politics.

Sick of political correctness.

Sick of being told what horrible people they are for wanting to enforce the rule of law and protect our borders

Sick of being told that they are single handedly responsible for all the evils of the world.

Did you guys not learn anything at all from Hillary's "deplorables" campaign?

Calling the people you want to vote for you racist Nazi pigs is not a good way to win friends and influence people.

And it's certainly not going to help you win this election any more than it did the last one.
They are quadrupling down on all that garbage.

Quote:
Be sure and let us know how much those internet points get you at the Piggly Wiggly after the economy tanks...
No offense to your attempt here, but you can go peddle your fear and your shame to someone who's buyin.

Last edited by McGowdog; 07-15-2019 at 03:42 PM..

Old 07-15-2019, 03:20 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
You took the words right out of my mouth.

A new study out today informs me that POTUS speaks like an 8 yo kid.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:24 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Hillary did have it in the bag.

The problem with it is the IT she had.

IT for Crooked Hillary Rodham Clinton was the Lamestream Blamestream Fakestream Mainstream media and the cooked up polls.

It IT Trump has is us real salt of the earth working American voters.

Ah don't you worry about me skippy.

I just now logged in and refreshed my screen to see 8, that's 8 + reps from you people about that quote of mine you just responded to.

I thank the eight of you and all the others who would have + repped me had they not had to already spread it around.

So, to the other seven I must go...
Be sure and let us know how much those internet points get you at the Piggly Wiggly after the economy tanks...

Old 07-15-2019, 03:32 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
Well, that's pretty much what y'all did last time.....

And look what happened.
And Trump won by the skin of his arse. If he wins re-election, it will be something like that again.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:34 PM

11,785 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Of course there was an ulterior motive for Trump the environmental serial killer to bring up the environment and his base actually had the audacity to post articles that so obviously lie abut his record on the environment.
Once again - the sky is falling! Oh heavens! Except the sky isn't falling we are finally seeing the light. Trump 2020

Old 07-15-2019, 03:41 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
What makes y’all think that the polls today are more accurate than the polls in 2015/2016?

Old 07-15-2019, 03:43 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
What makes y’all think that the polls today are more accurate than the polls in 2015/2016?
What makes you think the polls were inaccurate if you don't understand probabilistic statistical distribution?

Old 07-15-2019, 04:31 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Those rep points and $11 will get him a 12 pack of Bud Light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies