Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 10:20 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,031,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
I've seen a lot of comments on here from hard leftists about Donald Trump being "divisive." You don't really believe that you all aren't divisive as well, do you? I mean, you can't seriously believe that.
Both sides are divisive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 10:24 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,874,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Both sides are divisive.
True, but we have 1 side throwing around the race card at every opportunity. One side talking about "old White men"
Add to this the class warfare.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:00 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
We are not nearly as divisive as this bastard in the White House is.
Did that bastard kill Kenny?

Old 07-16-2019, 06:26 AM

1,705 posts, read 537,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
True, but we have 1 side throwing around the race card at every opportunity. One side talking about "old White men"
Add to this the class warfare.

I remember 5-6 years ago, very conservative people where calling Obama the biggest Racist in the country. He HAAAATED white people... and a Muslim, so somehow he hated white christian men!

These where hard core 2nd amendment fellows...

So, the mantra on the right is, the colored people hates the white people. And want to take rights away from whites.

When, colored people have for the last 300 years had less rights then most farm animals.

When they suddenly demand equal rights... the are demanding to much. Being to pushy and racists.. and if its females, they are screaming or being hysterical when they talk.

Colored people are still more at risk of getting jailed for the same crimes as whites, getting tougher sentences then whites for the same crime. Colored women are 3x more likely to die of child birth complications then whites. Colored people has not had the same chance to build generational wealth as white people due to laws that favored white people and neighborhood going back decades.

Todays generation are tired of incrementalism.. they want change NOW.
And I can understand that when things change to quickly for those that have had all the rights before, suddenly are getting demands from people who have not been treated equally. It must be scary..

Old 07-16-2019, 06:53 AM

21,820 posts, read 25,094,690 times
That's sort of the definition. Generally though you don't have the far left or far right being all that instrumental. It's rare to see a sitting President tell people born in this country who elected officials to go back where they belong because they aren't white. Certainly seems like there are more far left and far right people being elected, or maybe the ones that were always there are just more comfortable in doing so.

I mean, take the crop of Democratic candidates for President. It's basically Biden as the only notable non far left candidate. Both sides of the aisle what the voters want is divisiveness.

Old 07-16-2019, 07:21 AM

1,705 posts, read 537,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
I mean, take the crop of Democratic candidates for President. It's basically Biden as the only notable non far left candidate. Both sides of the aisle what the voters want is divisiveness.

That you think that these are far left democrats, just shows you how Far Far Right US politics has gone!

Biden: Wall Street Democrat
Harris: Wall Street Democrat
Buttigieg: Wall Street Democrat

Warren: Centrist Democrat

Bernie Sanders: Social Democrat - Scandinavian Capitalism

Old 07-16-2019, 07:23 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,558,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The President has played the left very well, forcing them to be very divisive.
Well, the Far Left which is now Mainstream Democrats are divisive by nature. Trump has just exposed them for what they are.

Old 07-16-2019, 07:33 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,009,756 times
People in the middle gloss all this drama over, The issue is they aren't thinking "oh my trump's tweets today really got me thinking and I think I'm better off!" They likely just think a self centered reality show is in the white house and may not think as much how well the country is doing now to vote for him than they may have if he was halfway normal.

If the economy slows down at all in the next year Trump is totally toast..

Old 07-16-2019, 07:51 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,180,528 times
Quote:
I've seen a lot of comments on here from hard leftists about Donald Trump being "divisive." You don't really believe that you all aren't divisive as well, do you? I mean, you can't seriously believe that.
I am going to be total honest about divisiveness and the "far left". The US does not have a far left. We have a left. This left is thought to be one unified voice. As if by one person. Being human, there are many voices in said left.

I think the left looks divisive because they are sick and tired of trying to gain by facts, sense and the values that our country stands for. The arguments and behavior have been vicious so long that taking the high ground is pointless. *******. Snowflake. Makes me laugh every time I hear a right winger whine about how they can't say Christmas anymore or some BS. Tip: No one cares if you say Merry Christmas. You just don't get to force others to. Or white dudes who complain about how they are being treated poorly. But totally unwilling to hit the streets. Where do you think change comes from? Tip: It is not whining on the internet.

The if you don't like it go home mantra is enough to make me nearly violent. And I am far from a violent person. I love my home. When something breaks in it, I fix it. I don't just leave. The "everyone is a racist" **** SHOULD be making some people stop and think. Do you even know what a racist is? Or you so busy decrying that you aren't one that you just can't see? That the right can bury its head in the sand to the violence perpetuated on the black community by police and then say - with a straight face - I am not a racist is baffling ... used to be baffling. Now it has turned to enraging. And that is just ONE of the issues that black and any person of color faces in this country. That you can support a "president" whose recent comments about congresswomen are so abhorrent that the rest of the world is aghast says to me, YOU are the problem. Not Trump. YOU.

That people support a grab 'em by the *****, disabled person mocking (oy of course we can go on) person as president means YOU are the problem. Oh he is rich! Since when do we value someone simply for being rich? That is not MY country which I love. Oh he is such a good businessman. I guess you do not read the news.

Bottom line, the current "right" of this country is a bunch of people who love the sound bites that give them a place to rest their bigotry. Having a "right" to an opinion does not mean your opinion is any good. No, in fact many of them are just plain evil. And I don't need a god to tell me that. Want to stop abortion? Make it illegal. But everyone knows, or should know, that that does not stop abortion. That just stops abortion for poor people and continues the cycle of poverty in those families.

Truth. The right values money. And hates poor people above all else. That black and Hispanic people tend to be the poor people, it is easy to vilify. The right values punishment. Making poor people PAY and HURT for being poor. Hey wait, I am poor! I don't hate the poor! Yah - sorry, you do. You don't want to be poor. You want to BE Donald Trump. Cheat, lie, whatever it takes to have an ostentatious, disgusting lifestyle of greed. You need god to sit in judgement of you and promise you eternal hellfire just to get you to behave.

This country is currently a weird cross between the Handmaid's Tale (Tip: This is a story of POWER and WEALTH not just the abuse of women and "gender traitors") and Idiocracy. I am so done being sad about it. Divide on, I say. Because someone needs to shut the right down. And Right Now. No more high road.

Old 07-16-2019, 07:56 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,552,346 times
Quote:
This is just more of the same from the left. Accuse the opposition of what you are. The Divisiveness to a DemocRAT is like a hammer to a carpenter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies