Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 01:30 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I bet those disapproval numbers are going down now. But, really, it only matters what voters of their districts think about them when they run for reelection.

I've mainly stayed away from the threads about this whole ishstorm because I know no one is going to change their minds. But it should be fair game to go after their politics and their ideas and their statements. But he went after them personally. He put huge targets on their backs. He called them out because he doesn't think they love America due to some of the things they said, Yet tbs is a man whose campaign slogan is "Make America Great Again" because he didn't think it was great in 2016.

Not to mention the sheer idiocy of telling four Americans to go back to their own country. SMH
You (along with the MSM) are MISREPRESENTING what he said. The full quote was closer to “Go back to your country AND fix what is wrong before you tell us what is wrong with the US. Then come back and tell us how it’s done.” That may not be word for word but closer than you said. I’m sorry, but these women have proven - regardless of being born here or not- that they do NOT represent the interests of this country or Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2019, 01:31 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
You (along with the MSM) are MISREPRESENTING what he said. The full quote was closer to “Go back to your country AND fix what is wrong before you tell us what is wrong with the US. Then come back and tell us how it’s done.” That may not be word for word but closer than you said. I’m sorry, but these women have proven - regardless of being born here or not- that they do NOT represent the interests of this country or Americans.
The irony is that their country is this country. Wish to God they could fix it.

Old 07-16-2019, 01:34 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
It seems like they are more critical of Trump than they ever were of Obama, Bush Jr, Clinton, Bush Sr and so on.
He can do the right thing and get called a racist, a chauvinist, get criticized you name it. He's literally damned if he does, damned if he don't.
Who is they? Because none of these women were elected in 2018.

Old 07-16-2019, 01:36 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
I will say, if I had to listen to either Omar or AOC speak, I would take AOC anyday. Omar does even always use correct English. As for the other 2 on stage with them, I think they were there just as props. They added nothing!!!

Old 07-16-2019, 01:37 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
If 3 women were born in America what country would they go back to?

See how stupid that quote sounds when you try to break it down?

Old 07-16-2019, 01:46 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,009,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
If 3 women were born in America what country would they go back to?
White supremacists like Trump think that Americans whose family recently immigrated to the United States lucky to be in his country - that they should shut up and accept whatever the country has to offer them and they have no right to complain. That they're less of an American than he. Especially those coming from ****hole countries. In fact, they'd rather these Americans just return back to wherever their family lineage originally came from.

Old 07-16-2019, 02:10 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
White supremacists like Trump think that Americans whose family recently immigrated to the United States lucky to be in his country - that they should shut up and accept whatever the country has to offer them and they have no right to complain. That they're less of an American than he. Especially those coming from ****hole countries. In fact, they'd rather these Americans just return back to wherever their family lineage originally came from.
I think the point is that everyone except slaves and children of parents who immigrated DID come to the U.S. voluntarily; and although everyone (even non-citizens) do have the right to complain, the simple fact is that if they don't like it all that much, I think they should move. No one is forcing them to stay. (That is what I did when I became an adult and was able to do so, and this is what I am going to do again when I retire.)

Although "America: Love it or leave it" might be a bit strong -- I don't actually love many things about the U.S., myself -- I don't think it is too much to ask for a lot more tolerance from people who might be a lot worse off if they or their ancestors did not come here.

Yes, of course, people have every right to try to change and improve the place where they live, but I think that they should do it legally, and I would hope they would not be so hateful as some people have been, and I specifically include AOC and Omar in this group -- and especially Omar.

Old 07-16-2019, 02:23 PM

52,259 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It was an internal poll run by Democrats.

But it was taken before they started calling Pelosi and Biden too old and too White.

Pelosi desperately wants them out of the news. Trump put them right back in it.
Pelosi knows that the more the squad talks the more the American public will turn away from the Dems if they perceive that they are the new face of the party. Nancy wants power back more than anything, I've been saying for a while now that she's got to get those pinheads to stop yapping so much or the Dems are done in 2020.

Of course all of the dems in the primary just might do that too when they yap. Nothing they are saying is making me want to vote dem, in fact it's quite the opposite.

When ya start hearing free this and free that it's time to buckle up......

Old 07-16-2019, 02:25 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,797,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Who is they? Because none of these women were elected in 2018.
The they was in response to this comment that referenced members of Congress. It can even include you and everyone else that Trump does not appease.
"but its ok to insult the PRESIDENT and be critical of EVERYTHING he has ever said or done, 24/7/365??? A Bit hypocritical, dont you think?"

Your timeline is off. If you want to refer to this "squad" then they were elected in 2018 and based their election and their hate of Trump.

Old 07-16-2019, 02:28 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
A small poll of 1000 likely voters....... white..... and with less than 2 years of college.

A very targeted demographic.

Which is fine, all she has to appeal to is HER constituency, it's a local race, not national.

I know nothing about Omar, so I have no opinion. I think AOC is the flip side of Trump, and dislike her almost as much as I dislike Trump.
No, actually Trump was clever enough to turn it into a national race.
He maneuvered Pelosi & Co and duped them into coming to Omar's aide. Now, Trump has the entire Democrat party boxed in. They will be forced to back up Omar and her silliness and her anti-American nonsense.
And they never saw it coming...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies