Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 04:27 PM

7,067 posts, read 4,510,340 times

Advertisements

I know that in some parts of the country if deer aren’t hunted they die from starvation and I understand that. Totally different than big game hunting. We could end up extinguishing some species.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 04:31 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,067,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
How cruel...I would never be able to shoot a beautiful animal. And all for a stupid trophy? That's inhumane. At least the hunters I do know only hunt deer and will use all of the meat they have.
Same here.

If it were me, I'd drop em in Lion territory NAKED with some bloody beef wrapped around their necks. Take a photo for all the world to see because they are narcissists after all and let nature take its course. Dinner time!

Old 07-19-2019, 04:35 PM

33,553 posts, read 18,143,148 times
If everyone snuck into a movie the movie would go broke.. If every countries people snuck into America , we would go broke.. the dems know nothing about cause and effect... We can't keep giving welfare to anchor babies and free health care to the world.. we are 22 trillion dollars in debt and no way are we ever going to get out of debt. Ever!

Old 07-19-2019, 08:15 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Well one case where you are incorrect is when you say "I know that it makes no difference to you what I say or what examples I can cite" I'm always interested in civil conversation.

You did mis-quote me though, I did not say that "all hunters" are cowards. I said game hunters and trophy hunters are. And I may very well have used the wrong vernacular in describing what I was talking about. I'm talking about people who hunt animals for prize, trophy, to tell everyone what a big dick they have.
People who hunt for food, or even in the case of the story you told are a different situation. Obviously there are exceptions to every rule.
But again, I do stand by what I said in that hunting is not not a sport. It is something that is done and at one time in human history it was believed to be necessary for survival, now we know that it is not. It's something that people choose to do. Again, there are exceptions to every rule.

No , hunting is not a "sport." It got that label from royalty of different places that did it as "sport." When royalty were the only ones allowed to hunt. Wild animals were considered the kings property. And the kings, princes what have you would go out on horse back, in chariots and such, run animal to ground and kill them . This was called "sport" an the label stuck.

Many states here now have game regulations covering "subsistence" hunting. To a real hunter it is more akin to a religious ritual than a sport. It is for me.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:03 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If everyone snuck into a movie the movie would go broke.. If every countries people snuck into America , we would go broke.. the dems know nothing about cause and effect... We can't keep giving welfare to anchor babies and free health care to the world.. we are 22 trillion dollars in debt and no way are we ever going to get out of debt. Ever!
And we have done that in large part to support international corporations based in U.S.
We aint in the middle east to protect america,. We are there to protect rich american interests.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:39 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So you're good with Abortions
Trans people using the bathroom of their identity
You support that Immigrants should be let into the country until they have a hearing
You're OK with Sanctuary Cities
Youre OK with ACA as it was written and passed
You don't care that Trump gets shot down by the SCOTUS damn near every time he opens his mouth?

Because it's "legal"?

I support some of those things, don't support others, but "because it's legal is no litmus test. Hell, half the stuff done in the Holocaust was legal. Slavery was Legal.
No to all of your non-relevant arguments. They hunted in another country.

No mentally ill people should decide what gender they are much less use a bathroom of their choice. Asylum laws suck and all illegal immigrants should be deported.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:42 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
I know that in some parts of the country if deer aren’t hunted they die from starvation and I understand that. Totally different than big game hunting. We could end up extinguishing some species.
Your existence extinguish more species than hunting.

Species become extinct because of human encroachment of their habitats.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:27 AM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Congrats on a successful hunt, and for a happy marriage. And doubly so for melting some snowflakes; that just makes a good day even better.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:33 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Congrats on a successful hunt, and for a happy marriage. And doubly so for melting some snowflakes; that just makes a good day even better.
And may they experience the other side of the coin and one day be the hunted themselves. And may the photo of their dead carcasses being picked over by another one of nature's creatures be forever captured in photos. And that would really be true poetic justice and something to behold.

Old 07-20-2019, 03:24 AM

9,974 posts, read 5,669,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
And may they experience the other side of the coin and one day be the hunted themselves. And may the photo of their dead carcasses being picked over by another one of nature's creatures be forever captured in photos. And that would really be true poetic justice and something to behold.
It's so admirable how you ooze with moral virtue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies