Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 08:48 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,500,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Love your well thought out truthful posts, Rachel. You tell it like it is but these leftist loons don't have a brain in their heads all they have are emotions so it will fall on deaf ears. Thank you though!
Thank you, Oldglory. I enjoy your posts as well.

Speaking of liberal hypocrisy, here's another instance: My neighbors are the most liberal loons you'd ever (not) want to meet. They rail on and on about inclusiveness ad nauseum, and then....the neighbor on the other side decided to move and instead of selling, rent it out. You should have heard the liberal loons! They said they didn't want renters in our neighborhood because they are "of a lower caliber" and would bring the neighborhood down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 08:56 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,500,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Whoa nelly; now you've accused me of stereotyping while your first rejoinder to my post used "you Liberals" as a pejorative stereotype …… but that's different, eh?

I will however futile, once again attempt to ask you: where in the O/P do you see the particular mention of "illegal aliens" as opposed to the very clearly stated opinion "America is getting too crowded" and "we should just keep letting them in?" as his 'one-size-fits-all-query'?

Got an answer as to who "them" is that was defined in the O/P?
YOure correct. It's not clear in the OP.

But that is not what all the discussions are about: it's about liberals doing everything to incentivize ILLEGAL immigration, the latest being free health care for the lawbreakers. Now how is that fair when I, an American citizen who has paid taxes for almost 40 years, have to skip or spread out treatments due to the expensive and poor coverage of Obamacare?

Old 07-17-2019, 11:39 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times
Until Congress passes Comprehensive Immigration Reform - despite the show and fireworks - we are going to let millions in. All these "Aktions" (that was the word the Nazis used) are just a show. Without Congress there is no plan. None.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:58 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,483,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
YOure correct. It's not clear in the OP.

But that is not what all the discussions are about: it's about liberals doing everything to incentivize ILLEGAL immigration, the latest being free health care for the lawbreakers. Now how is that fair when I, an American citizen who has paid taxes for almost 40 years, have to skip or spread out treatments due to the expensive and poor coverage of Obamacare?
Oh, I thought the poster made it perfectly clear that anybody and everybody was to be made unwelcome.

I don't believe you can hang your hat on just one side of the aisle when it comes to providing financial incentive to illegals to enter.

You cannot interact with any service provider along any of the major interstate highways without encountering an illegal working without legal status. Those business's are not all owned by Democrats. Where I have spent considerable time is in and around Yuma Az. and Del Monte was famous for hiring those illegals by the hundreds for a long time. Democrats own Del Monte?

Force compliance of rigid E-verify rules and regulations as you would for anyone applying for a government job and the illegal problem dries up overnight. During two such deadlines of "supposed" enacting of E-Verify in Arizona I personally witnessed thousands of them up-root and beat feet back to Mexico in the middle of the night. Of course they stole every running pick-up truck and loaded them up with everything they could strip out of their rental homes to take back with them, including the steel sluice gates for the canal irrigation system throughout the crop growing area, BUT; when E-Verify turned out to be an empty threat they were back in a heartbeat working for the same people who had to pay to replace those gates.

No one should be allowed or encouraged to enter illegally. Democrats are complicit in not differentiating between those who have legitimate refugee/asylum claims and all illegals. Reagan screwed the pooch when he gave them an amnesty. Both parties are profiting from this in various ways or else it would have been dealt with years ago.

I'm of the belief you cut off the source of their income and they'll stop coming. Wouldn't you?

Old 07-17-2019, 01:17 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,986,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Nothing to do with color, although you liberals keep trying to paint it that way. It has to do with importing an entire underclass of poorly educated people who will become dependent on government - and vote for Ds.

And funny. You insult PP as having a 10th grade education, ignoring the fact that the caravans of illegal aliens coming up from Central America barely have a grade school education. So if you're putting down American high school dropouts as losers, why are you encouraging foreigners without ANY high school education to come here?

Liberals are such hypocrites.
That poster you responded to lives in Canada. It's easy for him to encourage illegals to come to the US.

Old 07-17-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
All of the United States is my house, including where you live.

If we don’t have the resources in Arizona, they can go elsewhere in this country.

We had room when your ancestors arrived. There’s still room.
Total nonsense from you as usual. The entire US isn't your house. You don't have enough money to own every single house in the US Try again.

Phoenix and Tucson rely on underground aquifers for their water and experts don't know how much water is left in those aquifers. The CBS Evening News once did a story about this.

There are Indian reservations that have to have their drinking water trucked in.

Tell us all where these places are in the US that have unlimited water and unlimited buildable land? Keep in mind that we do need farmland to feed these millions of people you want to come live here.

How many people will be too many for you? 1 billion? 2 billion? India, for example, has over 1 billion people and Bangalore doesn't have enough potable water. Is that the future you want for your descendants? If so, that's despicable.

Old 07-17-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Just took a road trip from Charleston SC to Denver Colorado -- there's a whole lot of empty spaces along the way.

Uh huh. Are you willing to live in the middle of nowhere and rely on well water and septic systems? Did it ever occur to you that much of that "empty land" was farmland? If you stayed solely on the interstates, it's easy to believe that there is lots of empty space. In many areas, once you get off the interstates, you run into populated areas. How do you know that these "empty spaces" have enough potable water to support a large population? How do you know if these "empty spaces" have buildable land?

Or...did you only come into this thread to (in your own words) "I come here -- vent, have some fun and leave."? In which case, you won't come back to respond.

Old 07-17-2019, 01:28 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,798,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
It's getting pretty crowded if you ask me.
I'm in my 60s. The population has almost tripled from the time I was in school in the 1960s. That's a lot of illegals!

Old 07-17-2019, 01:35 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,590,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Just took a road trip from Charleston SC to Denver Colorado -- there's a whole lot of empty spaces along the way.
So let’s just pave it all over huh? Nature and wildlife be damned.

Old 07-17-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm in my 60s. The population has almost tripled from the time I was in school in the 1960s. That's a lot of illegals!
Yup. I remember when our population hit 200 million. Now we're over 300 million. It isn't just the illegals. The US, on an annual basis, allows in 1 million legal immigrants per year. No one is even sure how many illegals are here. We keep being told it's 11 million illegals. Yet everyday illegals either sneak across the border or overstay visas, which leads some to believe that there could be up to 30 million of them here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies