Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2019, 09:57 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Do you mean like-

racist

white supremacist

denier

Nazi

fascist

homophobe

islamophobe

xenophobe

sexist

Libs need simple PC labels as rapid retorts, as libs are usually not able to grasp complex thoughts or engage in rational conversation. The above sound bytes are usually the last retort when liberals walk away, confused and defeated.

Exactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 09:59 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
They are "just words" to you, because most likely you are white. To American born minorities I can assure you they are more than "just words." And I'm not talking about the parties, per se, although the GOP outed themselves yesterday pretty definitively. I'm talking about the tone being set from the highest office in the land.

I'm kind of embarrassed that you feel the president spewing inflammatory comments at American citizens is merely "just words," and no big deal.
Well firstly, I’m a brown minority female of Pacific Islander ethnicity. So that blows your weak hypothesis right out of the water.

Secondly, many people put power behind actions, not words. I am one of those people. I personally find people as affected as you by words to be weak in strength and character. So while you hold an opinion of me, I also hold one of you.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:03 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
This could spell the end of the Republicans Party's effort in attracting minorities. Not because Trump is a racist but because he essentially told minority women you are not one of us. Minority women are the political leaders in their respective communities and people will follow wherever they go. We know Trump is racist, but as President he was speaks for his party.

As frighting as those faces seem to Conservatives, Liberals have been used to them for a long time. Actually its taken too long to see faces like them on the national stage. Better get used to them. Texas just swore in 19 black female judges. That's "good ole boy, Texas."

Old 07-17-2019, 10:05 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
trumo now the face of the republican party.

Democrats win.
lol!!!

Old 07-17-2019, 10:06 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
This could spell the end of the Republicans Party's effort in attracting minorities. Not because Trump is a racist but because he essentially told minority women you are not one of us. Minority women are the political leaders in their respective communities and people will follow wherever they go. We know Trump is racist, but as President he was speaks for his party.

As frighting as those faces seem to Conservatives, Liberals have been used to them for a long time. Actually its taken too long to see faces like them on the national stage. Better get used to them. Texas just swore in 19 black female judges. That's "good ole boy, Texas."
These women have more constituents in their districts than 15 of the red states have in theirs.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:08 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:

You would be shocked how the ones on the fence agree with Trump

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:

You're assuming that all these minorities think like you and the others.....they don't, just look at the post above yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
And all those GOPers who voted to support Trump's racists comments are the face of the GOP.

Anyone surprised that the Grand Old Party is a bunch of old racist white men?

Seems like it has been that way forever.
Except his comments weren't 'racist' and most Americans don't perceive them as such. Only triggered Democrats do.

Before you call the "Grand Old Party" a bunch of 'racist white men,' I suggest you study the history of the Democrat Party. They have been racist from the beginning.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
GOOD lord the irony in this post....the sad thing is, this poster does not even realize it....
He does not know the history of his own Party, apparently.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:10 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You're assuming that all these minorities think like you and the others.....they don't, just look at the post above yours.
It’s pretty goddamn funny how progressives profess to be fighting for rights for people like me, yet our opinions are immediately discounted if we don’t follow the appropriate orthodoxy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies