Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 07:50 AM

43,054 posts, read 18,223,725 times

Advertisements

7 Progressives won seats and are the first of the Progressives' initiative to take over the Democratic party.
4 of them are the outspoken "squad". The others are re-elected Democrats who have converted to the cause and took the pledge of the Justice Democrats.

When the next round of elections come we'll see if there are less or more of them in Congress.

It's something to keep your eye on.

The Progressive Caucus had 78 reps (115th) and now has 97 reps (116th).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Sigh,

The truth is that Trump does not "single out" anybody, he is an equal opportunity attacker.

so the racist card that Democrats "of course" are going to play is rather lame.
Ain't that the truth. How quick everyone forgot his tweets on RBG. Maybe cause she's White ?

Old 07-18-2019, 07:54 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Trump's troll status went from legendary to beyond legendary on this one.

Trump: making statism fun again

Old 07-18-2019, 07:58 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
While the 4 women are Democrats they in no way represent the entire party ,trump is just using them as a focus like he did with Hillary and gullible righty lemmings are falling for the erroneous branding that trump is relying on to win over enough votes.

You mean like the left stating the entire right is gun loving, big truck driving, bible toting...like that?

Old 07-18-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Trump's troll status went from legendary to beyond legendary on this one.

Trump: making statism fun again

Trump has always been a troll only now he's doing it at a national level so everyone gets to see it.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:09 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Reading a few tweets this morning that basically say they don't support and criticize Omar's policies but think that Trump's campaign to put her as the face of the Democrats, etc. is most definitely racially motivated. etc.

I don't know -- I think Trump just jumps on a train and rides it. HOWEVER there are those in his base that know exactly what they are doing.

I just don't see this working in Trump's favor with moderates/swing voters.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:11 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In all fairness, Trump also "attacked" Rand Paul, Lindsey Graham, Marco Rubio, Bill Clinton, you name it.

He must hate white males too. Racist!!
He did back in 2016 and they all called him all kinds of names too - racist being one of them.

But right now -- focusing on these four people of color and demonizing them is not going to work well for Trump & a party who is often accused of being racist.

I suspect we will see a shift soon. I believe that his campaign people will try to redirect his focus......

Old 07-18-2019, 08:15 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Reading a few tweets this morning that basically say they don't support and criticize Omar's policies but think that Trump's campaign to put her as the face of the Democrats, etc. is most definitely racially motivated. etc.

I don't know -- I think Trump just jumps on a train and rides it. HOWEVER there are those in his base that know exactly what they are doing.

well, if he knew what he was doing, make her and the others the face of Dem party, then it might be working for him.

For example, my own future in-laws dislike him (although they do understand why many voted for Trump) My future in-laws do not attack the supporters, they are not dumb.

They were turned off by Omar and this woman annoys them to no end. In all fairness, I don't know if they would vote for Trump, they stayed home last time on election day.

They certainly won't vote for Biden or anybody else, lol, although they did vote for Obama once.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

It just might if voters see these 4 as representatives of the "new" Dem party; Dems who don't want to be team players and ignore Pelosi and want to "primary" their own party members if they disagree with them.

And then Omar with her ... 9/11 was 'Some people did something,'. Really ? She can't bring herself to say "terrorist" ?

Old 07-18-2019, 08:18 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It just might if voters see these 4 as representatives of the "new" Dem party; Dems who don't want to be team players and ignore Pelosi and want to "primary" their own party members if they disagree with them.

And then Omar with her ... 9/11 was 'Some people did something,'. Really ? She can't bring herself to say "terrorist" ?
Yeah, I agree.

Plus, she also said the Black Hawk Down soldiers killed thousands of Somalis on that day, (which is untrue)

The soldiers were engaged in a United Nations mission designed to protect civilians from a murderous warlord following a devastating famine and civil war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies