Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 10:25 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Why would I do that?
I do not believe that you will move out of the country. But if you stay and Trump wins in 2020, then it will be up to you and the rest of your tribe to also decide what you will do in that situation.

So, what do you think you guys will do if Trump wins again in 2020?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 10:29 AM

923 posts, read 494,756 times
What's keeping you from ignoring President Trump's tweets, et.al. NOW?

Oh that's right, terminal case of TDS and he lives rent-free in your otherwise vacant heads.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:29 AM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
thankfully we won't have to be concerned with that until 2025.
With the Democrats hard drive to the Left, expect more cities to look like the the Homeless and drug crisis in LA, Seattle, and SF at best, and the Murder hubs of Detroit, Baltimore, South Chicago at worst.

Democrats do nothing but destroy communities as they promise Love and Harmony, and they deliver lawlessness and destruction.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:30 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
If Trump loses 2020 we are in deep deep doodoo.......
Then why do I come home everyday scraping that doodoo off my shoes?

Old 07-17-2019, 10:54 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
IF he loses, which he won’t unless the Dems get a clue, he’ll just have to go back to his sorry life of being a billionaire. He wouldn’t have to respond to anything going on in politics.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:00 AM

1,161 posts, read 434,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I do not believe that you will move out of the country. But if you stay and Trump wins in 2020, then it will be up to you and the rest of your tribe to also decide what you will do in that situation.

So, what do you think you guys will do if Trump wins again in 2020?

Who do you think "my tribe" is?
I'm not a political party mark. I don't align myself with anything in this country but this country. I've voted for both sides of the aisle, and am embarassed that there are basically only 2.

So if I'm getting this straight, you are responding to the situation that I posted above by asking me what I would do if the opposite happens?
I don't know. I suppose I'd do the same thing that I've been doing. I'd hope that both "sides" come up with better candidates for 2024.
Your question doesn't make much sense if you take political bias out of it. I was simply suggesting that a personality like Trump will not just take a defeat, and walk away. He has a media corporation at his fingertips (Fox) and millions of followers. My suggestion was simply that the rest of the media and the rest of the country should ignore his trolling IF he loses in 2020.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
With the Democrats hard drive to the Left, expect more cities to look like the the Homeless and drug crisis in LA, Seattle, and SF at best, and the Murder hubs of Detroit, Baltimore, South Chicago at worst.

Democrats do nothing but destroy communities as they promise Love and Harmony, and they deliver lawlessness and destruction.
The homeless people in Seattle (a blue city) account for 0.016% of the population
The homeless people in Charlotte, NC (a red city) account for 0.19% of the population.

Yes, there are more homeless people in cities like Seattle, LA, Chicago, etc, but there are also more PEOPLE in general there.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:09 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
IF Donald Trump loses the white house in 2020, and it is a big IF, we collectively need to start ignoring him, his tweets and his followers.

IF Trump loses the next election he will go off on a Twitter tirade the likes of which we've never seen before. You think he's a whiny little ***** now? Just wait until he's no longer POTUS (IF that happens in 2020)
He'll be on Fox News every day. He'll be on Twitter every minute. He'll still be holding campaign rallies (hell he still hasn't stopped campaigning against Hillary)

But the non-Fox media needs to ignore him. The people need to ignore him.

I know we won't. There is an obsession in this country with talking about the last president. I see people talking about Obama more now than when he was president.

But the more you talk about, fight with, argue with, report on Trump the more of a voice he's going to continue to have in this country. And EVEN IF you are someone who believes that Trump has done a good job with certain aspects of running the country, you're blind or a liar if you say that you think he's had a positive influence on the people of this country. Once he goes back to just being a public figure that's all he'll have. He'll only be able to stir up angst, anger & hate.

IF he loses the election in 2020 (which I suspect he will, but he could still be handed the presidency like he was in 2016) we NEED to ignore him.

One-and-a-half years out, and you've been marinating in Trump's future tweets, and your perceived need need to tell people to ignore a tweeter? Okay.

TDS. It's real. And it's permanent.

Crikey.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:09 AM

8,885 posts, read 5,365,025 times
What is stopping you from starting to ignore him now?

BTW, he wasn't handed the presidency.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
What is stopping you from starting to ignore him now?

BTW, he wasn't handed the presidency.

Well, he's the president of the country I love and live in. Sort of hard to ignore him, doncha think?

Well, I apologize if that's not the correct term. Help me out. I have a hard time saying someone was elected when they lost the actual vote. So what term would be less offensive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies