Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2019, 11:16 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Liberals would rather cut off their nose to spite their face than see our country/President succeed. Most Liberals don’t have 401ks anyway. Lol

Extreme Terminal TDS!

We can lose 5000 points on the DOW and still be better than when Obama left office.
Where did you get that? Please, I would like to know. I've always had 401K and so does most of the people I know. My sons in their 20s have it, my nephews, friends and family. I mean seriously, where do you get this stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 11:19 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut
Liberals would rather cut off their nose to spite their face than see our country/President succeed. Most Liberals don’t have 401ks anyway. Lol

Extreme Terminal TDS!

We can lose 5000 points on the DOW and still be better than when Obama left office.
You made up your entire post. No proof behind it at all. It is OK, just continue living in your bubble.

I am not a liberal by the way.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:21 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
An inversion of the yield curve on US Treasuries is a very accurate predictor of recessions and it just inverted today. The one thing, and probably only thing, that Trump has going for him is the economy. If that goes south on him, which is now looking highly likely, he is going to be booted out of the White House.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/yield...102034083.html
A bad economy will lower his election chances for sure....Nancy Pelosi crashed the world economy last time she was Speaker and it resulted in obama election and when Republicans took over Congress in 2010, our economy and Obama's Presidency was saved. nancy would love to cause another global financial crisis.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:22 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Now even though I think Trump is a dumpster-fire, I don't think he's the *cause* of our upcoming recession. IMO it's inevitable, and would already be well underway had we elected Hillary.

Tinyhands and the GOP have prolonged the Obama Recovery by turning on the money-firehose and spending like there's no tomorrow. Handing out tax breaks and deregulation to The Swamp... all at the expense of future generations.

Had Hillary been elected, these same Republicans would have clamped down on spending everywhere possible and blamed the ensuing recession on Hillary. Because they're ****s.

Either way, we're at the end of a LONG bull market. A recession is gonna happen regardless of who is in power. Just a question of timing, and what the trigger will be.

Note that a trigger isn't the same thing as an underlying cause. The Tinyhands Trade War may well trigger the Trump Recession. But if not for that trigger, it would've been something else. Bull markets don't last forever.
This is the reality. Presidents have minimal impact on the economy it's just convenient to pin a bad economy on the predecessor or claim that they are the cause of a good one. Trump Cultists live in a fairytale world that is unlike anything we've ever seen before. If it feels good and feeds their malignancy it must be true.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:24 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
An inversion of the yield curve on US Treasuries is a very accurate predictor of recessions and it just inverted today. The one thing, and probably only thing, that Trump has going for him is the economy. If that goes south on him, which is now looking highly likely, he is going to be booted out of the White House.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/yield...102034083.html
I see him really pressing on the Fed now. He'll do any and everything to keep this economy going, including backing off his trade war with China, as yesterday's decision proved. His supporters say he's so tough on China, not afraid to make the hard decisions. Um, not so much.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:25 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
This is the reality. Presidents have minimal impact on the economy it's just convenient to pin a bad economy on the predecessor or claim that they are the cause of a good one. Trump Cultists live in a fairytale world that is unlike anything we've ever seen before. If it feels good and feeds their malignancy it must be true.
I think Presidents and their policies do impact the economy. I also think this specific recession can be fully blamed on Donald Trump.

Not all recessions are completely the fault of the administration running the executive branch though. 2008 was a complex situation and Bush did play a part but so did Clinton, papa Bush, and Reagan.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:26 AM

494 posts, read 369,493 times
There is an average of 16 months before recession when the previous curves inverted

Trump can get re-elected, and enjoy a 6-12 month recession... and a booming economy before he leaves office

Or he can lose... and the democrat gets to enjoy the upswing (Clinton, and Obama).

Its just a game.

Recessions happen on schedule... then the economy grows again. What matters is the growth between recessions... and Obama was an all time disaster in this regard.

2008/2009
2019/2020/2021 100% fixed.

Reagan was the only Republican who could enjoy get elected in a downturn, and get re-elected on the upswing, and leave office with the economy steady.

This is why I wanted Hillary to get elected... the 2018 elections would have been a GOP landslide in the senate (60 seats)...
and she would be out via recession... and a new Republican could have come in.

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
A bad economy will lower his election chances for sure....Nancy Pelosi crashed the world economy last time she was Speaker and it resulted in obama election and when Republicans took over Congress in 2010, our economy and Obama's Presidency was saved. nancy would love to cause another global financial crisis.
Typical. Republicans aren't in charge even when they are in charge. Trump and the senate are 'victims' of Nancy and the Dems when things go south.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

Extreme Terminal TDS!

S&P 500 gained 46% under Obama in the first 645 days of trading. 29% for Trump.
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019...ent/index.html

Old 08-14-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
this upcoming recession, if it happens, will be tiny
How do you know that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies