Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can black people be racist?
Yes. Why not? 118 94.40%
No. Only whites can be racist. Explain. 6 4.80%
Other, please explain. 1 0.80%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 09:15 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,558,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
There is literally an English teacher at my school that teaches only white people can be racist. She says that it is because white people are in power so blacks can bebprejudicial but not racist.

Without making it about the English teacher I pull out the dictionary and show the kids that it is emotions not sound logic.

P.S. this same teacher tells kids that it is transphobic and bigoted to not date transgendered people. The kids mock her for that behind her back, but many buy into the only whites can be racist BS.

Typical garbage SJW English "teacher." Anonymously record her saying this tripe and make her internet famous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 09:20 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,176,255 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhqB_wjOI5M

Watch this whole video. Imagine if this was a bunch of white guys instead..spewing all that hate.....they would be instantly attacked and their heads would be stomped in. White liberals would kiss these guys asses..literally

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 07-17-2019 at 10:23 PM..

Old 07-17-2019, 09:44 PM

32 posts, read 11,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
So I have a question. I used to be friends with a black man at job I once had. He was 20 years older than me and we would go to lunch sometimes with a group of coworkers. He had two kids that were around early 20's. He used to tell me that he told them no matter what you do, you may not make it because you are black. They were all educated as was he. My feeling was, he was teaching them to hate white people. He disagreed. We argued over it. But we were still friends. We could have those discussions back then and still be friends. But do you think he did a good thing or a bad thing by telling his kids that?
I hear variants of this a lot, actually. Sometimes it's from parents to children, or an educator to a student. The idea of White Privilege is often spoken of as a insurmountable challenge.
Have you ever heard of Automatic Negative Thoughts (ANTs)? Amenclinics.com describes them in these categories:
FORTUNE TELLING
This is the ANT of almost anyone who has a panic disorder. They are masterful at predicting the worst, even though they don’t have any evidence.

MIND READING
Where you arbitrarily believe that you know what someone else is thinking, even though they didn’t tell you. Many people do this, and more often than not it gets them into trouble. It’s a major reason why people have trouble in relationships.

GUILT BEATINGS
Thinking with words like should, must, ought and have to. The words we use to talk to ourselves are very important. Guilt is not a very good motivator for change. Telling yourself “I should go see my grandmother” rather than “I want to spend time with my grandmother” only serves to make you feel negative.

BLAME
Whenever you blame someone else for the problems in your life, you are a victim and you can’t do anything to change it. Many of us play the blame game, but it rarely helps us. Stay away from blaming thoughts and take personal responsibility for changing the problems you have.

LABELING
Calling yourself or someone else a derogatory name. This diminishes your ability to see situations clearly and labels are very harmful.

Telling someone with darker skin that they may not succeed because of their skin color will likely lead them to be subject to fortune telling, mind reading, and blame ANTs. Negative thoughts actually release chemicals in the body that make you physically feel poorly. On the flip side, positive thoughts release chemicals that help the body and mind.
Discussions of race relations are important for every parent to have with their child. There are racists out there. If there is anything a person could possibly discriminate against another over, someone is going to use that excuse. Race is an easy target. But the discussion can be framed in such a way as to empower the child to strive for success.

Given which thread you chose to pose this question in, I'm going to go a step further.
I was not there and don't know what else your coworker said, or how he made his initial statement, but based on how you presented it, I don't think what he said should be classified as racist. Not because black people can't be racist, of course they can. Rather, partially because it has been true in the past. I mean, right after the Civil War, there were about a dozen black U.S. Congressmen from the Confederate states, but most died penniless in obscurity because the Klu Klux Klan took over. Partially because studies have shown that blacks, black men especially, have more trouble getting a job or buying a car than other groups. That holds true regardless of qualifications, criminal background, or income.
That said, telling his kids the "no matter what" portion is unnecessarily fatalistic and discouraging, since blacks have succeeded in this country. Barack Obama was president. Condoleezza Rice was Secretary of State.

Thoughts?

Old 07-17-2019, 10:00 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,288,409 times
Lol I been told by Blk and Hispanic people to “go back to my country”.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:00 PM

505 posts, read 367,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Blacks are the biggest racists !
Lmao.

And you are...?

Old 07-17-2019, 10:13 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,176,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordin View Post
Lmao.

And you are...?
so u deny there's some truth what he said? u must be a white guilt riddled, politically correct leftist..or very very sheltered

Old 07-17-2019, 11:01 PM

30,227 posts, read 23,643,056 times
Anyone can be racist. Whoever said "no" is an idiot.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:11 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,784,490 times
Yes. Anyone can be. Sadly my daughter experienced racism at 7 by a classmate. I will never forget that day and that conversation.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:13 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,986,231 times
Of course black people can be racist. The problem is that black academics, white liberals and sjws say blacks can't be racist because they don't control any institutions.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:34 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,986,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
So I have a question. I used to be friends with a black man at job I once had. He was 20 years older than me and we would go to lunch sometimes with a group of coworkers. He had two kids that were around early 20's. He used to tell me that he told them no matter what you do, you may not make it because you are black. They were all educated as was he. My feeling was, he was teaching them to hate white people. He disagreed. We argued over it. But we were still friends. We could have those discussions back then and still be friends. But do you think he did a good thing or a bad thing by telling his kids that?
My girlfriend is such. But she does not hate white people, she believes in white privlidge, and she resents white success. Yes I can agree that due to slavery and Jim Crow blacks in America were not able to achieve the same status as white people which is a wrong. But being resentful to white people 24-7 and worrying about white supremacy will give me a headache. What you are talking about is the Pro-black ideology. Pro-black ideology has become a big thing since Donald Trump has become President of the United States. As for me I'm a 1st generation American, and I have no historical ties here in this land, half of me is the white man and the other half of me is the black man. Yes I can say white supremacy exist and to some extent white privilege, but I can not worry about white supremacy and white privilege all the time. Black academics, and Social Justice Activist tend to put blame on white Supremacy and white privilege most of the time when its something that does not go their way. If black academics and SJW's want to see white supremacy, take a trip to South Africa, or Mexico where the white population is a minority, but control much of the wealth and institutions.

As for your friend doing a good thing? We don't know. As for me I can not put black first, or white first. I have to put humanity first. Putting black first is no different than white people who put white folks first. I understand your friend who wants to put black first, and he has his right to instill that in his children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies