Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2019, 02:09 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Then why was our military bombing in the Sudan and Afghanistan to name a few places? Why were our troops occupying sovereign nations? We bomb innocents in hospitals and elementary schools and you don't expect retaliation?

The only nonsense here is yours.
Because our military wasn't bombing anyone back then! Not Afghanistan nor the Sudan! We were not occupying anywhere either. All that began AFTER 9/11.

I guess you were either too young to know this, or to rattled to remember what was actually going on before 9/11/2001.

I sure as hell never voted for continuing the wars; in fact, I took a big beating over the Iraq war in 2002 when it looked like that one was going to begin from about 20 former friends who were so full of blood-lust and revenge they thought I was a traitor for saying that Iraq would become another Vietnam tar pit that we would never find a way to get out of once we went in.

None of those guys ever spoke to me again, except for one other Nam vet, who later realized I was right. I never voted for Bush either time, and only voted for Obama because he said he would get us out of Iraq. By then, I already knew there was no getting out of Afghanistan, the country where empires all go to die.

And once more, I'm still right. Bush says he's pulling us out of Afghanistan, but have you seen any troops coming home? Nope. It was just more empty talk.

The only way any nation gets out of Afghanistan is when they just decamp and leave all at once. That's what every single one of the other empires that ever invaded Afghanistan for 2,000 years have done to get out of that tar pit.

I know that Afghanistan can never be occupied by any other nation, and that it will never possess any central government for more than a few decades before it falls apart into warring tribes led by competing warlords who only want their homelands and a piece of Kabul's action.
For themselves. No outsiders are ever included. Read some history, Loveshis, and learn.

You'll be one jump ahead of our president if you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 08:07 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What a great doctor I am disgusted of always hearing what a great guy this pandering idiot is.
He's a republican right wing puppet and the people that support what he did aren't much better.

Old 07-20-2019, 08:17 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
He's a republican right wing puppet and the people that support what he did aren't much better.
No he is an FOAD libertarian. He was clowned by Christie of all people during the 2015 first Republican Party debate over 9/11 and the strikes on Al Qaeda. Now he doesn't care about the first responders? I knew people who died in 9/11 through Boy Scouts or my parents. My father almost had to work the fire station because we lived in Nassau County until 2007. **** Rand Paul. I hope he FOADs and anyone else saying that he has a point. We aren't treating our heroes of 9/11 with dignity if they cannot afford cancer treatments or other medical bills directly related to 9/11 injuries. I hope any of you don't deal with what the real heroes of 9/11 and their families are dealing with. Seeing a family member die off because they cannot afford treatment while the fund dries out.

Old 07-20-2019, 08:37 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
so if doctor paul is a total idiot, what word would you use to describe a community organizer. or, say, a bartender.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:15 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Because our military wasn't bombing anyone back then! Not Afghanistan nor the Sudan! We were not occupying anywhere either. All that began AFTER 9/11.

I guess you were either too young to know this, or to rattled to remember what was actually going on before 9/11/2001.
sigh One of the dumbest statements on c and d that I've ever read. Clinton did that during and before the Monica Lewinsky era. How many examples do you need?
I guess we never got involved in overthrowing Irans leader in 1953 either?

I know you are too uninformed to remember

Operation Infinite Reach

or
U.S. Cruise Missiles Strike Sudan and Afghan Targets Tied to Terrorist Network

Quote:
I sure as hell never voted for continuing the wars; in fact, I took a big beating over the Iraq war in 2002 when it looked like that one was going to begin from about 20 former friends who were so full of blood-lust and revenge they thought I was a traitor for saying that Iraq would become another Vietnam tar pit that we would never find a way to get out of once we went in.

None of those guys ever spoke to me again, except for one other Nam vet, who later realized I was right. I never voted for Bush either time, and only voted for Obama because he said he would get us out of Iraq. By then, I already knew there was no getting out of Afghanistan, the country where empires all go to die.
Good for you. After you found out Obama lied about that, did you vote for him again?

Quote:
And once more, I'm still right. Bush says he's pulling us out of Afghanistan, but have you seen any troops coming home? Nope. It was just more empty talk.
Agreed but you mean Trump.

Quote:
The only way any nation gets out of Afghanistan is when they just decamp and leave all at once. That's what every single one of the other empires that ever invaded Afghanistan for 2,000 years have done to get out of that tar pit.
Agreed

Quote:
I know that Afghanistan can never be occupied by any other nation, and that it will never possess any central government for more than a few decades before it falls apart into warring tribes led by competing warlords who only want their homelands and a piece of Kabul's action.
For themselves. No outsiders are ever included. Read some history, Loveshis, and learn.
LMAO Your post was a made up story where you falsely testified about me.

Lets try this again but this time use the truth when you respond

Then why was our military bombing in the Sudan and Afghanistan to name a few places? Why were our troops occupying sovereign nations? We bomb innocents in hospitals and elementary schools and you don't expect retaliation?

Quote:
You'll be one jump ahead of our president if you do.
Try again, Seek the truth this time.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
so if doctor paul is a total idiot, what word would you use to describe a community organizer. or, say, a bartender.
If we listened to people like Rand Paul there never would have been a 9/11. That's what too many refuse to see. Not saying your saying that.

Old 07-20-2019, 03:23 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
If we listened to people like Rand Paul there never would have been a 9/11. That's what too many refuse to see. Not saying your saying that.
Perhaps, perhaps not. We can play the what if game all we want, the what if game won't cure these heroes or pay their hospital bills. Neither does Paul because I'd typical believer in FOAD. He deserves any Hell he gets from constituents, Jon Stewart and anyone else for it. My brother is right wing even semi-libertairan and thinks Paul is in the wrong for it. That should tell you something right there. Then again... we are from NY, Long Island to be precise and saw the Towers two days before they fell going over the T-neck back home to LI.

Old 07-20-2019, 04:14 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Rand Paul is more for tax cuts to the rich than funding to support the 9/11 first responders that risked their lives.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Perhaps, perhaps not. We can play the what if game all we want, the what if game won't cure these heroes or pay their hospital bills.
No There are no what ifs about it. They attacked us because we are over there meddling in their lives. Period.

Quote:
Neither does Paul because I'd typical believer in FOAD. He deserves any Hell he gets from constituents, Jon Stewart and anyone else for it. My brother is right wing even semi-libertairan and thinks Paul is in the wrong for it. That should tell you something right there.
It tells us that what one person wants means nothing in the scheme of things. It tells us that your brother is a poser who thinks it's okay to spend, spend, spend, when he thinks it's a good cause. That continually giving the peoples money away with little oversight for 70 years is a good thing. That the out of control spending will continue and there is no need to get rid of wasteful spending to offset this cause is a good thing.

Quote:
Then again... we are from NY, Long Island to be precise and saw the Towers two days before they fell going over the T-neck back home to LI.
Keeping emotion out of a decision is the best way to ensure one comes to an informed decision.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 07-20-2019 at 05:37 PM..

Old 07-20-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Rand Paul is more for tax cuts to the rich than funding to support the 9/11 first responders that risked their lives.
MMS02760 is more for making things up than discussing the truth. Anyone who cares about the truth knows an overwhelming percentage of the middle class got tax cuts.

Anyone who cares about the truth fully understands that Rand Paul wants to know where the money is coming from to pay for it, he wants to know where the oversight will be vs giving money away for 70 years, and like he always does, PAYGO. Pay for it as you go. Otherwise it's not affordable.
You would have known that if you actually listend to his words instead of a soundbite from a bunch of posers who've been wrong too often
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies