Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do AOC and Omar help dem 2020 election chances?
Yes- we love them- they will help 26 16.77%
No- they will turn independents away 110 70.97%
Don't know 19 12.26%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 11:36 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,607,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No, but I don’t think most people like Louie Gohmert or Peter King.

The only people that have to like Omar or AOC are their constituents. Period, end of story. If you don’t live in their district, you needn’t be whining about them.

Worry about your own lame ass congressman. And most of you are represented by straight up clowns.
That's a lot of hate there, man.

Also, the rest of your statement is nonsense. Congress is literally charged with passing federal legislation that affects the entire nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 11:41 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post

Also, the rest of your statement is nonsense. Congress is literally charged with passing federal legislation that affects the entire nation.
But what you seem to fail to realize is that the argument you made goes both ways.

At worst, AOC wants everyone to have healthcare and not discriminate against people of color.

Can you really make the same argument of some Republicans Congressmen ? Their intentions can at times, have a very predictable consequence that purposefully hurts people.

Take removing discrimination laws for example. That does not help a single person, it just allows people who dont like others to discriminate against them.

Old 07-20-2019, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
But what you seem to fail to realize is that the argument you made goes both ways.

At worst, AOC wants everyone to have healthcare and not discriminate against people of color.

Can you really make the same argument of some Republicans Congressmen ? Their intentions can at times, have a very predictable consequence that purposefully hurts people.

Take removing discrimination laws for example. That does not help a single person, it just allows people who dont like others to discriminate against them.
Peehaps you are confused. Where have I "failed to realize" anything you are discussing?
The rest of your post is so heavily biased and opinion based, that it weakens your point. But, yes, in regards to
"Can you really make the same argument of some Republicans Congressmen ? ",of course you can.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:16 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,029,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think people who support them will always support and love them.

As for most Americans, nobody really knows for sure.

I do believe, however, most Americans are moderate. They might lean right or left on certain issues, but most people in this country, Thanks GOD! are moderate. Believe it or not, even for us Trump voters, most of us are moderate people. Surprise, surprise.

I don't think EVERYTHING they said are wrong, but they are too extreme for my taste. That OMAR woman is more suitable to be a blogger, the fact that she is a congresswoman is pretty scary to me.

I have a lot of liberal friends and none really liked Omar either. I think one person likes AOC, but that is about it. I am a Republican/conservative, they are liberals/Democrats, none really likes extreme views. All of us believe race card is played way too much by the Democratic party. lol

My liberal friends say that these women would stay relevant for the color of their skin. Even they know the real reasons why the Democrats keep them there. "Oh, you'd better not criticize them, if you criticize them, you must hate minorities and women, you must be a racist."
Well said. I have friends and family on both sides that have different takes on certain issues than the main stream of their party too.

Omar doesn't get it that, she was elected, as enough to show Americans can look past religious values post 9/11. She is undoing the progress of Muslims by over reaching the position she was given.

AOC is just an inexperienced bigmouth.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:27 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
What is your definition of moderate?

Is it moderate to deny people cancer treatment if they cant pay the treatment bill? Is it moderate to support for-profit prisons, a $7.25 minimum wage and the worst labor rights in the industrialized world?

Some people scream that AOC is an extremist who do not support this, but to me, it seems very moderate. And most Americans agree.
Yup.

You nailed the real question. What is a 'moderate'? There seems to be no single universal answer to that. Ask any liberal, and the answer will be much different than the one you'll get from any conservative.

I honestly don't know if the Squad supposed radicalism will harm the Democrat's chances of winning back the White House and quite possibly winning a congressional majority in both houses of Congress.

I also don't know if their radicalism will lose them their elections in 2020 either.

All I know is all 4 of them won fair and square, and they are all trying to deliver what they promised to their constituents. And so far, none of them appear to be very worried yet about their chances for re-election.

And they're the only voters who will have any say in the matter. All the rest of us can holler or not, approve of them or not, like them or not, and it won't make a lick of difference what we think.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:08 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,531,299 times
Never gave much thought or care to what/who “most Americans like”. Why would I?

Old 07-20-2019, 05:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:

So. Then it’s a lotta hate.

Your Congressman is probably a clown too. So worry about him/her.

Old 07-20-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So. Then it’s a lotta hate.

Your Congressman is probably a clown too. So worry about him/her.
Such is the sad state of affairs for political discussion.

Old 07-20-2019, 06:39 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
AOC and now Omar seem to be living in Conservatives heads, not to mention Trump's head too, free of charge 24/7. The only people who really matter who like them are their constituents.

Old 07-20-2019, 09:00 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Peehaps you are confused. Where have I "failed to realize" anything you are discussing?
The rest of your post is so heavily biased and opinion based, that it weakens your point. But, yes, in regards to
"Can you really make the same argument of some Republicans Congressmen ? ",of course you can.
I feel the same about your post as you do of mine. So there is that, LOL

And yes, you clearly failed to see the flaw in your own argument and deflected from it instead of addressing it in any fashion. Also, my post isnt opinion based. Who does removing anti discrimination laws help ????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies