Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 11:26 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Racism cannot be legislated from existance, only the effects of discrimination.

Claiming one's race was the motivator, when it was not, is indeed playing the race card, and only goes to hold back educating racism into the closet.

And, technically, black people are indeed in control, just like every other citizen of this Constitutional Republic. They vote their concious for candidates that reflect their opinions and concerns.
Your post gives the distinct impression that you are either VERY YOUNG or VERY OLD.

"technically, black people are indeed in control"...........how about practically, are they in control on a practical level?

BTW, I said that the people who post on stormfront are eager for a "revolution" so they can take there stockpiles of weapons and ammo into the streets, and in their delusions, take down the U.S. government.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:44 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Your post gives the distinct impression that you are either VERY YOUNG or VERY OLD.

"technically, black people are indeed in control"...........how about practically, are they in control on a practical level?

BTW, I said that the people who post on stormfront are eager for a "revolution" so they can take there stockpiles of weapons and ammo into the streets, and in their delusions, take down the U.S. government.
Stormfront is rather obvious, so I didn't bother commenting on them.
As for my age?
Get the hell of my lawn punk!
And get a haircut!!!

Where's my supper of medicine and applesauce dammit, I'm hun... zzzzzzz

Old 07-23-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
All mine were rebs, far as I know.

However, my great--great-grandpa (born in 1832) pulled a Thom Jefferson with at least one of his house slaves.

And while he did (very rare for the time) acknowledge their offspring in his will, it is possible that some of them (or their cousins) ran away to fight with the Union Army as so many slaves did.
Actually, it was quite common in those days for slave owners, whether they were black or white, to slip a little slave tail on the side, sometimes with the wife's permission (and urging. I've a headache, go see the maid).

Old 07-23-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Stormfront is rather obvious, so I didn't bother commenting on them.
As for my age?
Get the hell of my lawn punk!
And get a haircut!!!

Where's my supper of medicine and applesauce dammit, I'm hun... zzzzzzz
Hahahahaha..........

Old 07-23-2009, 11:49 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,998,904 times
Quote:
Actually, it was quite common in those days for slave owners, whether they were black or white, to slip a little slave tail on the side, sometimes with the wife's permission (and urging. I've a headache, go see the maid).
True, but it was unheard of for the white father to reference said offspring in his Last Will and Testament.

But then SC was one of only 2 Southern States where the law of " A single drop of black blood...." did not apply.

And there were NO black slaveowners who owned white slaves.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:

Geeeee, did blacks own white slaves back then?

Old 07-23-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Geeeee, did blacks own white slaves back then?
Newp, blacks own blacks of course.

All there in tax rolls and census records available to everyone.

Last edited by AxisMundi; 07-23-2009 at 11:52 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 07-23-2009, 11:54 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,998,904 times
Quote:
Newp, blacks own blacks of course.

All there in tax rolls and census records available to everyone.

Very few though, just as common as Jews who supported the Nazis,

Yes, there were also a few of them also.

But as race is an artificial construct, the reality was white masters- black slaves.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:59 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
seriously. When our currency fails? When the bureaucrats socialize healthcare? When the supreme court rules the DC gun ban constitutional? When the government defaults on social security and medicare benefits? How much longer will we take violations of state's rights, private property rights, privacy rights, and our nation's sovereignty?

The founding fathers were up in arms over a small tax on imported tea. Where's the civil disobedience at? Where are the protests? Where's our Boston Tea Party? Is America too apathetic and/or spineless to make a stand? Will we submit to fascism and totalitarianism of the federal bureaucracy? Or will we rally as our founding fathers did in an effort for our God given liberty? Who will make a stand with me?
I'd be careful on what topic you chose to post... The Feds may be watching you... They'll probably dispatch black helicopters any minute now to circle your house. Send ninja soldiers to infiltrate your neighborhood...

Old 07-24-2009, 12:37 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
If the Bush stolen elections didn't bring the people into the streets I doubt anything will. No one cared their rights were being erased. No one noticed the Constitution was being violated. If that won't show any care then I doubt anything will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies