Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2008, 07:08 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
KInda ike whats been going on the last few years?

True to a degree. The reason it wont happen like that tho is theres huge portions of our population that live great & wont trade the nanny state for freedom, & they vote. Then theres huge chunks that are productive citizens but lean so far left they like seeing their country suffer to help those that should wither on the vine.

We need an independent minded population & thats not what we have.
While there has certainly been things to depress you,sadden you,madden you it all can be fixed at this point.Debate,voting and peaceful protest can still fix things (on both sides of the political parties).

When the SHTF really happens and martial law is decreed,when it starts being like Cuba,USSR,Burma and such then maybe enough is enough.People would know when enough is enough.

Yeah we conservatives or liberals complain,we accuse the leaders of becoming tyrants.In some cases we are just to complain but everyday people still have enough voice to change anything wrong without bullets flying in the street.

Insurection or civil war?What makes people think that one would make things better and not worse?The American revolution was a rare one that actually worked without trading one tyrant for another.Would the next one be as lucky?

Despite our political bitching at each other the process still works.8 years of Clinton I thought was so destructive to certain parts of our freedom but alot of what he did was stopped or reversed afterward.The same will happen with Bush's policies.

But it is true that certain things that got started never went away.I really ponder why people support the ATF.It was formed out of prohibition,that was ended yet the agency still exists.

There is no need for a agency who is named for nannying alchohol,tobbacco and firearms.Any misuse of things like that can be covered by regular police.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:18 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,414,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
While there has certainly been things to depress you,sadden you,madden you it all can be fixed at this point.Debate,voting and peaceful protest can still fix things (on both sides of the political parties).

When the SHTF really happens and martial law is decreed,when it starts being like Cuba,USSR,Burma and such then maybe enough is enough.People would know when enough is enough.

Yeah we conservatives or liberals complain,we accuse the leaders of becoming tyrants.In some cases we are just to complain but everyday people still have enough voice to change anything wrong without bullets flying in the street.

Insurection or civil war?What makes people think that one would make things better and not worse?The American revolution was a rare one that actually worked without trading one tyrant for another.Would the next one be as lucky?

Despite our political bitching at each other the process still works.8 years of Clinton I thought was so destructive to certain parts of our freedom but alot of what he did was stopped or reversed afterward.The same will happen with Bush's policies.

But it is true that certain things that got started never went away.I really ponder why people support the ATF.It was formed out of prohibition,that was ended yet the agency still exists.

There is no need for a agency who is named for nannying alchohol,tobbacco and firearms.Any misuse of things like that can be covered by regular police.
I tend to agree, I think we have time to get things in order but we need to do it. Apathy is killing the country. Saying its ok when its not is killing the country.
We dont need most of the Federal police. Theres dozens of different agencies & departments that only exist to harras us. The ATF was formed for tax collection as you said after prohabition. Now they are used to kill people who dont give up fast enough.

I was meaning to simply point out that the constitution has been being trashed, rights have been removed & people can be & have been jailed without due process. Fact is if they decided that me & you were terroristic conspirators for this dialog we could be detained indefinately without a right to even a lawyer let alone trial.
Unlikely? Yep, but the mechanism is in place & theres lotsa folks that think thats fine.

Things like war & revolutions are never nice, the outcomes never certain. What is becoming certain is that if we continue where we are headed our country will be a mere shadow of what it once was.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:23 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,262,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnulus View Post
The Founding Fathers didn't take up arms over taxes, they took up arms because they were being taxed without representation in Parliment. Get your facts straight.
we are also being taxed without representation. do you seriously not see that?

Old 06-21-2008, 03:09 PM

532 posts, read 859,167 times
Thumbs down I wish it was that simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
If you don't like the current leadership, then vote for new leadership. Look outside the two-party system. It really is that simple.
Many of us have been looking for a 3rd party that can make it on the ballot. It seems quite hard to do, unless you have a lot of money--like Ross Perot--and his Reform Party fizzled out, like he did. Ask Ron Paul why he didn't run as a 3rd party candidate--he'll tell you how hard it is. Even the Libertarian Party, which has been around awhile, can't seem to get anywhere. Bob Barr has a tough row to hoe. I say. Good Luck to him.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:15 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,970,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
You Internet tough guys are a riot.
Not nearly as funny as Republicrat apologists.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:20 PM

532 posts, read 859,167 times
Thumbs down No choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
In a Democracy there should NEVER be an armed revolution. Vote!
There is no one to vote for. We're forced to vote between 2 worthless candidates--neither one better than the other. It's just a vicious circle, and of course we all know they're not going to let a 3rd candidate get any place.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:06 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
In a Democracy there should NEVER be an armed revolution. Vote!
This is why our forefathers passed the 2nd amendment on the right to bear arms. There could be a time & place for a revolution.

It happened back in the 1700's if I recall correctly.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:18 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,751,326 times
Funny to see right-wingers talking revolution; when it comes it will come from the left rebelling against corporate power not government power.

Maybe we'll see something like Germany after the Great War; left wing revolutionaries fighting right wing ones. But when the right wing revolutionaries took over in Germany they soon made their peace with business and the wealthy.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:02 PM

439 posts, read 1,232,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
This is why our forefathers passed the 2nd amendment on the right to bear arms. There could be a time & place for a revolution.

It happened back in the 1700's if I recall correctly.

Do you honestly think that you Joe citizen can match the power of the US military. Okay bring your 45 or 12 guage. We have M1A1's, F-18's .50 cals. In this day you would not stand a chance, and nor should you this country is to great for people to throw it away for dumb reasons.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:07 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonredsock5 View Post
Do you honestly think that you Joe citizen can match the power of the US military. Okay bring your 45 or 12 guage. We have M1A1's, F-18's .50 cals. In this day you would not stand a chance, and nor should you this country is to great for people to throw it away for dumb reasons.
Do you honestly think the US military (or parts of it)would not be part of this revolution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies