Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 03:44 PM

52,419 posts, read 52,951,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
That's debatable, but what is not debatable is that no one should be treated inhumanely in this country, regardless of legal status.

Deliberately depriving people of basic human necessities, separating tiny babies from their mothers, and botching the care of children in custody is atrocious.

It's indecent, and it's unAmerican, and it's not part of the ideals of the country I love and want to see returned to sanity.
What part is debatable?

All the rest you wrote is typical liberal babble.

They can simply turnaround and head the opposite direction from the border. There isn't hordes of people running and grabbing immigrants fleeing away from the border to avoid these horrible conditions here in the detention centers.

I feel like I'm literally losing my damn mind reading stuff like this

Old 07-18-2019, 03:46 PM

18,567 posts, read 7,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
Be in their shoes and you will know why.
Obviously, all of us know why.

But we don't care. Our country does not belong to them.

Old 07-18-2019, 03:50 PM

16,784 posts, read 8,265,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
When did Trump stop policies to apply for asylum in their own countries? If they choose to leave their own countries without doing so then they are suppose to ask for asylum in the first safe country they go to. No, Trump didn't create this mess congress did and mainly the Democrats that won't change our asylum policies. They just want to let them all in even though most have bogus claims. If Trump doesn't want to end the problem then why has he just this week introduced a new asylum bill that eliminates the loopholes of entering our country illegally and then applying for asylum and also to apply in the first safe country they enter so WTH are you talking about?

Your and yours are getting screwed by the Democrats.
You are behind. Just another Obama policy which stopped the mad rush to the border. Everything Trump removes is coming back to bite him.

Old 07-18-2019, 03:50 PM

18,567 posts, read 7,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
That's debatable, but what is not debatable is that no one should be treated inhumanely in this country, regardless of legal status.

Deliberately depriving people of basic human necessities, separating tiny babies from their mothers, and botching the care of children in custody is atrocious.

It's indecent, and it's unAmerican, and it's not part of the ideals of the country I love and want to see returned to sanity.
Those who are the "victims" chose to be treated that way. There is nothing "unAmerican" about resisting an invasion of our country.

Old 07-18-2019, 03:53 PM

294 posts, read 221,304 times
People who live life in an emotional state cannot see into the future to consider what the consequences of their emotional decisions will produce. The few people I know who object to deporting illegals have no answer to where this will end up, their entire argument is weak and emotional with no thoughts at all about hundreds of thousands of people with very limited education coming into a very complicated world of technology.

Old 07-18-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Larry View Post
People who live life in an emotional state cannot see into the future to consider what the consequences of their emotional decisions will produce. The few people I know who object to deporting illegals have no answer to where this will end up, their entire argument is weak and emotional with no thoughts at all about hundreds of thousands of people with very limited education coming into a very complicated world of technology.
Yeah, its screws thing up for the poor and under-educated here.

They are importing poverty to compete with our own lower skilled low income people. It's only going to get worse in the future as automation has a larger and larger role across more and more industries.

Old 07-18-2019, 03:56 PM

20,548 posts, read 17,828,270 times
America is no longer a country United by people with a common goal. There's far too many here that treat the land and resource for plunder than as their own country. The day America is no longer the envy of the world, these people will run quickly for the new plunder.

Old 07-18-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
America is no longer a country United by people with a common goal. There's far too many here that treat the land and resource for plunder than as their own country. The day America is no longer the envy of the world, these people will run quickly for the new plunder.
With globalization the corporations are treating America as simply a "market" without regards for what's good for the nation and the politician scumbags of both stripes let it happen.

It ain't only the illegals.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:02 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,301,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't support illegal immigration. I do support the laws that allow for asylum.
The fact is only a small number actually qualify for asylum. Everyone else is an illegal taking advantage and inundating the system, actually making worse for the real asylum applicants. The wall does not affect anyone but illegal border crossers, which there are hundreds of thousands per year.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:08 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,133,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
I always try to at least understand the opinions of those I don't agree with. It has always mystified me that anybody is defending illegals as if they were a persecuted victim class. They are even getting compared to slaves or holocaust victims. WTF? How?

Why is a person who scams their way into the United States, falsifies documents and/or steals identities in order to live and work here unlawfully entitled to the rights of citizens?

This is an honest question to all people advocating for the rights of "undocumented immigrants". Why do you think they are a righteous cause?
B/c I'm not kicking out someone that's worked 30 years in garage just to provide a stable life for his kids

B/c I'm not kicking out someone who was carried across the border as a 3 y/o and the only country they know is America.

B/c I'm not kicking out someone who incurs all the trauma of fighting overseas for America and then is told to get out.

If Conservatives weren't such A-holes about amnesty, we'd have already resolved the the border crisis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.