Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 06:54 AM

1,485 posts, read 958,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
How many generations back does your heritage go and where did they come from ... ? if people had never left their countries in ships to sail here ... America would not exist in the way that it does today.

btw: I just posted bible quotes; you take from it what you want, as that is how that works to begin with ... you're conscience, you're heart, you're guide. It is not a spin job as that would be something useless to try, utilizing God's word.
The US government has absolutely zero to do with the bible and it's contents.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:58 AM

8,557 posts, read 4,816,157 times
Quote:
Internet connects us all. Well at least those who have access around the world. We can learn so much, if we care to.

And yet, people do not seem to get that.
Oh, well I meant digital In a different way, like either on or off, one or two, closed borders or open. I’m glad you get my actual point though

So what I meant is to say that more immigration is a net positive, but that in no way makes anyone who sounds like me “open borders”.

Cmon guys, you know there are more layers to this story.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:03 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,626,821 times
Quote:
How many generations back does your heritage go and where did they come from ... ? if people had never left their countries in ships to sail here ... America would not exist in the way that it does today.

btw: I just posted bible quotes; you take from it what you want, as that is how that works to begin with ... you're conscience, you're heart, you're guide. It is not a spin job as that would be something useless to try, utilizing God's word.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Do you not get that legal immigration and illegal immigration ARE NOT THE SAME? No use in keeping this conversation going because obviously you don’t.
It's all in how we treat people Sandra ... from my prior post:

It's a simple question, what is so hard about that.

"Trot me out the immigration law(s), they broke."

Everything else is a redirect without substance. So are you sure it is me that does not know the difference?

btw: you can not stop evolution, one might can slow it down a bit, but migration from one continent to the next has been an ongoing occurrence since Adam and Eve. If my ancestors had never migrated I'd be living in Germany. You? It's that simple. You cannot stop change. No one can. God can help us understand it, but He is not putting a stop to it.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
The US government has absolutely zero to do with the bible and it's contents.
you can not surgically remove one's spirit. good try though.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Internet connects us all. Well at least those who have access around the world. We can learn so much, if we care to.

And yet, people do not seem to get that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Oh, well I meant digital In a different way, like either on or off, one or two, closed borders or open. I’m glad you get my actual point though

So what I meant is to say that more immigration is a net positive, but that in no way makes anyone who sounds like me “open borders”.

Cmon guys, you know there are more layers to this story.
Logic, I missed that.

And yes there are so many lawyers to the story, the truth will forever be elusive.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 07-28-2019 at 07:24 AM..

Old 07-28-2019, 07:50 AM

50,533 posts, read 47,317,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Do you not get that legal immigration and illegal immigration ARE NOT THE SAME? No use in keeping this conversation going because obviously you don’t.
I bet these people have doors, door locks, fences, window etc on their own homes though. Maybe if they had one of the not so nice encounters with some illegals (I've been burglarized twice, they caught them) they'd change their minds.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:58 AM

16,382 posts, read 10,509,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No one has a right to illegally immigrate to our country for any reason whatsoever!
I think most libs would agree with this, I certainly do. Here's the difference, when captured we believe they are still human beings and should be treated as such where the Trump Administration apparently believes they should be treated poorly before being processed.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:03 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,588,293 times
In a word guilt massive collective guilt
While we hang our heads they will chop them off
Don’t look now but you are being shamed out of existence

Old 07-28-2019, 02:52 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,687,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I think most libs would agree with this, I certainly do. Here's the difference, when captured we believe they are still human beings and should be treated as such where the Trump Administration apparently believes they should be treated poorly before being processed.
That's nice to hear but I don't agree. The leaders of the Democratic party are for illegal immigration, anything to get those votes. They use euphemisms the whole "path to citizenship" crap. Who do they think they're kidding? Anyone with more than 3 brain cells can see right through it, they just want the votes. If these people upon their "path to citizenship" would vote Republican the wall would have been built 25 years ago.

The director of operations for the company I used to work for, he's a huge liberal, probably the most successful guy I know. He's for completely open borders. He and I are friends so it was a friendly debate, but

Old 07-28-2019, 03:14 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,222,439 times
Default They don't (is the answer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
I always try to at least understand the opinions of those I don't agree with. It has always mystified me that anybody is defending illegals as if they were a persecuted victim class. They are even getting compared to slaves or holocaust victims. WTF? How?

Why is a person who scams their way into the United States, falsifies documents and/or steals identities in order to live and work here unlawfully entitled to the rights of citizens?

This is an honest question to all people advocating for the rights of "undocumented immigrants". Why do you think they are a righteous cause?

I stopped watching the networks years ago. The democrats are "buying" votes by, under a "republican" president, supporting open borders. Open borders = "You all come right in, you hear!" Under a democrat president they wanted to keep the brown hordes out.

The democrats are agenda-less and leaderless and are in receipt of, what's her name?, Hillary Clinton's post election debacle strategy of "Russia, Russia, Russia."

Hillary must have seen Jan in too many Partridge Family episodes.

That was fun.

Stop watching propaganda. Think for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies