Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2019, 05:55 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times

Advertisements

Most liberals want open borders. End of story.

Old 07-21-2019, 05:56 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,387,704 times
It is because they want the "undocumented Democrats" to their way.

Old 07-21-2019, 05:57 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
Moderate, common sense immigration legislation was proposed under both Bush II and Obama and extreme elements blocked both. GOP does want to Make America White Again and Democrats do want to give all immigrants voting rights. Both sides no longer trust giving ground on immigration. Clearly if there are jobs for 10 million illegal immigrants the legal immigration system has major issues. But it's also no wrong to have standards. I wouldn't expect any nation to be a dumping ground for another nation's problems. Vetting is needed to filter the bad few from the good majority of immigrants.

Old 07-21-2019, 05:59 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Moderate, common sense immigration legislation was proposed under both Bush II and Obama and extreme elements blocked both. GOP does want to Make America White Again and Democrats do want to give all immigrants voting rights. Both sides no longer trust giving ground on immigration. Clearly if there are jobs for 10 million illegal immigrants the legal immigration system has major issues. But it's also no wrong to have standards. I wouldn't expect any nation to be a dumping ground for another nation's problems. Vetting is needed to filter the bad few from the good majority of immigrants.
The DNC wants America to be the dumping ground of the world, and they'll gladly sacrifice the middle class for it.

Old 07-21-2019, 06:07 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The DNC wants America to be the dumping ground of the world, and they'll gladly sacrifice the middle class for it.
Yep.

Old 07-21-2019, 06:43 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,834,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post

Do you have a citation for that ? I've never heard a D or R advocate for that.

Maybe you can start here

https://berniesanders.com/issues/

Let me know if you find something.

Old 07-21-2019, 06:47 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
I always try to at least understand the opinions of those I don't agree with. It has always mystified me that anybody is defending illegals as if they were a persecuted victim class. They are even getting compared to slaves or holocaust victims. WTF? How?

Why is a person who scams their way into the United States, falsifies documents and/or steals identities in order to live and work here unlawfully entitled to the rights of citizens?

This is an honest question to all people advocating for the rights of "undocumented immigrants". Why do you think they are a righteous cause?
The media and the Democrats have done such a good job of conflating immigrants with illegals, that most people who are uninformed - i.e Democrat voters and non-political people, do not understand the difference today.

Old 07-21-2019, 06:55 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
You still can not distinguish between your opinion and law. "We the people" is not codified in any law I know of. The Consituion applies to everyone equally who is inside Americas borders and/or territories.

If it didn't we could just execute non citizens for simple law violations like speeding or jaywalking.
No, illegal aliens do not have the exact same rights as Americans do and yes "we the people" means only citizens. Illegal aliens aren't a lawful part of us aka "we". They are only entitled to basic human rights. I have no idea why you would make such a silly statement as you did in your last sentence. We have no laws that execute anyone for speeding or jaywalking.

Old 07-21-2019, 06:57 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
They don't think it is right. They are pandering to a new class and its an attempt to import voters to ensure democrats can win from now on. Once that is achieved they will quit pretending to care and move onto the next thing.
Bingo. The REAL issue here is votes. Guess the Dems think there are too many old white conservative white folk and one of the ways to beat those heathens is to try and manufacture votes to get their way.

Old 07-21-2019, 06:57 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Most liberals want open borders. End of story.
They just don't like to admit supporting "open borders" because it sound like something that would be idiotic to support. So, in true democrat fashion, they still support open borders, but just label it something else.

Like when they changed the name from "illegal immigrants" to "migrants". The leftist are masters at twisting language to their benefit, just like Stalin. Stalin, of course, is the father of American liberalism, so it is fitting libs would welcome the techniques of their patron.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies