Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 06:59 PM

17,571 posts, read 13,344,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
I always try to at least understand the opinions of those I don't agree with. It has always mystified me that anybody is defending illegals as if they were a persecuted victim class. They are even getting compared to slaves or holocaust victims. WTF? How?

Why is a person who scams their way into the United States, falsifies documents and/or steals identities in order to live and work here unlawfully entitled to the rights of citizens?

This is an honest question to all people advocating for the rights of "undocumented immigrants". Why do you think they are a righteous cause?

Illegal immigrants are in our country ILLEGALLY, taking away resources away from those who are here legally and those whose families have lived here as citizens for generations am only

And, I am only to the non-criminal illegals, as opposed to those illegals who commit crimes once they entered the US illegally.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:00 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
What in the world are you getting at? You didn't make yourself very clear.

Are you saying that we should allow every domestic violence victim in the world to come here? What about American victims? Are they supposed to show up at the Canadian border and demand asylum?

There is a good reason it's difficult for those from third world countries to come here---and that is, we don't need people who are low IQ, unskilled and functionally illiterate. Wanting asylum and claiming economic reasons is not allowed. Nor is saying "my husband beats me" a reason either.

Your analogy of the next door neighbor is a poor one.
Sorry little phone messes with my typing. No it’s not a bad analogy. So if the lady were of high standards, well to do , you would offer her assistance and let her in ? That’s what mr T said - only the rich, educated and well qualified ? Then this is not America.
2 - there’s no real reason why Americans are not doing better except the wealthy make sure they don’t. It’s a plan devised from the onset of time. But one reason we decided no more working for the king and fought for independence, yet back to the old ways.
3. We have money, But we spend it horribly. We tell the poor they are not responsible, and the way govt spends, it be enough to feed all of Central America.
4- you cry capitalism - but it’s off balance because they bought the law makers ! Lobbyists write the bills - fact! Nothing fair with our capitalism.
5 - stop employers - and rearrange the way you do immigration. Cut the —— off the idiots running those countries who steal from their own. Cutting aid is not the answer - freeze their money. Sanctions ? And for God sakes, stop the drug consumption !

Old 07-18-2019, 07:07 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
I always try to at least understand the opinions of those I don't agree with. It has always mystified me that anybody is defending illegals as if they were a persecuted victim class. They are even getting compared to slaves or holocaust victims. WTF? How?

Why is a person who scams their way into the United States, falsifies documents and/or steals identities in order to live and work here unlawfully entitled to the rights of citizens?

This is an honest question to all people advocating for the rights of "undocumented immigrants". Why do you think they are a righteous cause?
I, personally, am not for unfettered illegal immigration access. At all. What I don't like is the strong desire to punish those who have made it in retroactively, and selectively non-Europeans. Move forward with sensible immigration reform that does not involve seeking to punish those who made it and are living here as a result of poor immigration law of the time they entered.

But that is not really what is firing up the populace at this time. Sadly, what we are dealing with now is the massive and horrifying mistreatment of asylum seekers. Often in counties where our policies have rendered their systems kerflunked.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:51 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I, personally, am not for unfettered illegal immigration access. At all. What I don't like is the strong desire to punish those who have made it in retroactively, and selectively non-Europeans. Move forward with sensible immigration reform that does not involve seeking to punish those who made it and are living here as a result of poor immigration law of the time they entered.

But that is not really what is firing up the populace at this time. Sadly, what we are dealing with now is the massive and horrifying mistreatment of asylum seekers. Often in counties where our policies have rendered their systems kerflunked.
Not "punishing" those "who have made it in retroactively" is just rewarding criminal behavior. What does their being "non-European" have to do with anything?
Do we reward criminals who have been on the lam just because they managed to elude capture for a long time? Why do you hold double standards?

Rewarding illegal aliens is a slap in the face to those who obeyed our immigration laws and patiently awaited their turn to come here.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:28 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,462,724 times
I think the actual issue is since Immigrants are from Latin America Countries, the Dems want the growing Latino voting block they are trying to be as friendly to latinos as possible on all fronts. To grow their cause they have have the commentary that it is no longer illegals, they are asylum seekers or immigrants. To take it a step further, if you are anti what they call asylum seekers or immigrants...you are racists. Once labeled a racists its hard to go back. This is the tactic the Dems are using.

My sister in law is far left 30 yrs old...everything is racists to her. I really think at this point she doesn't really know what actually is racists.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:28 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Think until they can improve upon current immigration increased undocumented inmigration will continue

Think if they can reduce the backlog. Increase number of green cards a year. Increase quotas for Countries immigrants come from. Make changes to applying for green card based off of employment. Have demand skilled jobs individuals can apply and U.S. will work with individual in obtaining employment. Those with degrees but not a demanded skill can apply where level of degree could place individual higher on the list. Asylum for those already working 24 hours or more or in college or own their own business. Make undocumented inmigration a civil offense. Work with border Nation's to improve Border safety. Work with Nation's in regards to improving trade of goods and reducing crimes affecting both Nation's such as drug trafficking. Work with NATO in finding ways to promote more economical stability and less corruption in the Government in Central American Countries. Increase refugee numbers. Allow those with a Green Card to vote if they pay taxes.

No such thing as undocumented immigration. Illegal aliens is what they are. Only citizens should be able to vote, geez. Our legal immigration quotas already favor those from south of our border so what are you talking about? Illegal immigration should be a felony. No, we shouldn't increase refugees numbers there already isn't a cap on them but there should be.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:32 PM

19,023 posts, read 14,198,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Entitlements need reformed. The Constitution does grant rights to non-citizens, even criminal ones. Birthright citizenship should absolutely stay.
American governments were instituted to secure Creator endowed rights of the American people.

Pursuant to American law, FICA is 100% voluntary.
NO constitution grants rights - only privileges.

The Declaration of Independence states that ALL MEN have Creator endowed rights to life, liberty, etc, etc.
However consenting to be governed, as a citizen, waives all endowed rights. (The imposition of mandatory civic duties abrogate endowed rights)
Wait, whoa, we're never told this in government authorized indoctrination camps!
Infants cannot consent - - -

Yup, we're [bleeped].

Old 07-18-2019, 08:35 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,462,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Sorry little phone messes with my typing. No it’s not a bad analogy. So if the lady were of high standards, well to do , you would offer her assistance and let her in ? That’s what mr T said - only the rich, educated and well qualified ? Then this is not America.
2 - there’s no real reason why Americans are not doing better except the wealthy make sure they don’t. It’s a plan devised from the onset of time. But one reason we decided no more working for the king and fought for independence, yet back to the old ways.
3. We have money, But we spend it horribly. We tell the poor they are not responsible, and the way govt spends, it be enough to feed all of Central America.
4- you cry capitalism - but it’s off balance because they bought the law makers ! Lobbyists write the bills - fact! Nothing fair with our capitalism.
5 - stop employers - and rearrange the way you do immigration. Cut the —— off the idiots running those countries who steal from their own. Cutting aid is not the answer - freeze their money. Sanctions ? And for God sakes, stop the drug consumption !
I think thats a BS argument. Nobody is stopping anyone from having more than themselves. There is no CEO plan to keep people poor. If anything the Govt is stopping people from being wealthy. Overhead is a killer in business due to so many things 1 being health care and the ACA made it worse. You pay your people for their value. Some jobs the human really has no value and is interchangeable but thats their fault for not learning a skill.

I thought when I made over $300k id be set....when you see the tax bill you wonder was it all worth it?

Old 07-18-2019, 09:08 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,695,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No such thing as undocumented immigration. Illegal aliens is what they are. Only citizens should be able to vote, geez. Our legal immigration quotas already favor those from south of our border so what are you talking about? Illegal immigration should be a felony. No, we shouldn't increase refugees numbers there already isn't a cap on them but there should be.
Disagree if you pay taxes you should have the right to vote.

Feel we should raise the quota to 100,00 to 120,00 from Mexico a year

Old 07-18-2019, 09:14 PM

494 posts, read 285,848 times
Because they skip over the word "illegal"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies