Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 09:21 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,885 times

Advertisements

The end game for the left is racial hiring quotas, like what they have in South Africa, like what they do in college admissions. And it’s going to put us at a competitive disadvantage, hinder growth, advancement and innovation and we’ll all be worse off because of it. Meritocracy is the only way we continue human advancement. It will also going to breed resentment against the black community ie create racism. My HOPE is that they at least exclude public safety positions from the quotas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 11:29 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
They've made the Moon Landings "racist" now.

Old 07-19-2019, 05:55 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miso Blu View Post
The Federalist?!

fake news.

I'd be embarrassed to let people know that I didn't bother to read an article which I decided to comment on.

Meanwhile, we'll wait for you to enlighten us on just which part of the WaPo and NYT tweets are fake, since they appeared on....Twitter.

*crickets*

Old 07-19-2019, 06:06 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They've made the Moon Landings "racist" now.
Keep telling yourself that, this feedback loop isn’t going to maintain itself.

Neither of the tweets you posted backup your thread title, nor does your farce of an article.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:07 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,885 times
Ironically they are praising Russia of all places.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:12 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
We apologize for our seemingly never-ending contributions to humanity.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:18 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
What a crock that article is. So many leaps and twists on what was actually written in the articles that it quotes.

And it looks like none of you who are supporting the Federalist article have actually read it and comprehended it.

So what, exactly, about that Washington Post Tweet is untrue? What about that Tweet is opinion and not fact?

The Apollo missions were intense; NASA employees spent long hours, weeks, months, and years preparing for and executing space flight to prepare for the moon landing, which inherently makes the work family un-friendly.

The NASA engineers you saw on camera at Mission Control were largely white, and were largely male. Females and people of color were rare in engineering and other tech professions in the 1960s. Plenty of retired NASA employees who are female and/or minority have talked about NASA's culture back then.

The Federalist is, as usual, offering nothing but knee-jerk pot stirring by ignoring facts and without attempting to delve deeper into it can't or won't understand. And also as usual, it is hoping that people like the OP don't bother to read and digest its willful misrepresentation of fact.

What was that about reading comprehension?

You missed the part about the NYT admonishing the reader about "not acknowledging the gender bias" in the program.

The obstinate left should expand its horizons and move past dismissing something based on its source and, instead, consider its veracity.

Those tweets were clear, and BTW were picked up by other sites, as well, and the meaning was clear to them, too.

If anyone thinks that carping about how women will only make it into space if they escape the program's gender bias isn't dumping on the program, not to mention at an inopportune time, I just don't know what to say.

Except that it wasn't lost on most of us.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:25 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
“The culture that put men on the moon was ..white and male”~wapo

You’re welcome
We try.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:00 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
First, I'm very happy for the achievement 50 years ago.

Second, we've come a long way in equality since then. We still have a ways yet to go, but there has been real progress on all fronts.

Third, I trust times have changed enough so that there will be a female setting foot on the moon the next crewed lunar mission to the surface. Just what we can achieve on the moon today that can't be done by a robot, I don't know. If we're going to stay permanently, then there's got to be a way to counteract low-g effect on the body. Otherwise they'll be unable to return to earth and live comfortable lives. I don't see the sense in going to such a colony if I can't come back home and be save here on Earth.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:12 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Jeeezers; ... A bunch of conservatives championing political correctness …. whodda ever thought?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies