Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 02:45 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,877 times

Advertisements

Decent enough point about Bush...we could've had two loons put on SCOTUS.

Thomas Jefferson is definitely one of my favorite Presidents. Teddy Roosevelt was also another great President. Ronald Reagan is another top one on my list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 03:36 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Roberts was a perfectly fine choice. He's too conservative, but he's capable of the learning necessary to overcome that. Alito is a clown. Even Bush thought Harriet Miers would be better, and he was probably right for once. I don't expect Alito to have a long tenure on the court. He simply isn't cut out for the job. The advantages of being able to spend more time with his family may become evident to him a lot sooner than people expect...

Old 04-16-2008, 01:47 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
He has appointed two outstanding new justices to the Supreme Court: Chief Justice John Roberts, and Associate Justice Samuel Alito.
That is all the Dictator accomplished in 7 years? That autta bring us back from 3rd world status.

You forgot to mention he shreaded our constitution into ribbons.

The Decider should give our constitution to Iraq. I hear they need one and what the hell.......we ain't using it.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:34 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla33 View Post
i like geore bush u guys might bash him but he has the old school way of thinking we need. what would al gore do thats more better than bush?i think the porblme is that bush has the way of thinking and idea that may be apreciated in 10-15 yers but right now its not acepted because of radical liberal thought movement.
Bush is universally recognized as the WORST President in history. Even the DEAD rose up to vote and he's a landslide winner in this category.

I'll reserve my judgment on who is the best after Obama brings this country out of the Dubya Dark Ages and gets this country back on the road to enlightenment over 2 terms. Hopefully, he can replace some of these conservative idiots on the Supreme Court as well.

Obama '08!

Old 04-16-2008, 03:52 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla33 View Post
i like geore bush u guys might bash him but he has the old school way of thinking we need. what would al gore do thats more better than bush?i think the porblme is that bush has the way of thinking and idea that may be apreciated in 10-15 yers but right now its not acepted because of radical liberal thought movement.
William Henry Harrison.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:22 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
How silly. Care to supply some examples?

Old 04-16-2008, 01:34 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How silly. Care to supply some examples?
Silly huh? Where would you like me to start? Hmmmmm lets see.

The following is good enough reason for we the peons, oops I keep making that mistake....we the people to impeach this bum and hang him from the same rope as Saddam Hussein.

The offense of wiretapping surveillance in defiance of the law
The offense of lying to induce America to support a war
The offense of reckless indifference to the lives and welfare of American troops
The offense of torture in violation of U.S. and international laws and treaties
covering up the war deceptions with the leak of misleading classified information.

Want more????

He plundered a nation's resources. Initiated illegal wars. Bullied most of the world. Slaughtered innocents in the name of spreading freedom. Starved the poor to feed the rich. Allowed tens of thousands to suffer or die in New Orleans simply because they are poor and black.

And dont forget this one: In May 2003, Bush landed on an aircraft carrier in a flight suit, stood under a banner proclaiming "Mission Accomplished," and triumphantly announced that major combat operations were over in Iraq. Asked if he had any regrets about the stunt, Bush said he would do it all over again. How many Americans have died and left their blood on bushys hands since then?

I like this one: In 2000, candidate George W. Bush promised to protect the Social Security surplus. As President, he spent all of it.

With people like you who still think this waste of human flesh has anything good in him is one reason our country is heading towards 3rd world status. Wake up !

Old 04-16-2008, 01:40 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,872,469 times
Washington (how he could balance Jefferson and Hamilton in his cabinet is beyond me), Jefferson (dovish on the war with Britian, but a true champion of republican virtue), Jackson (although he was quite a chieftan, he took a strong stance against the BUS), Lincoln (chieftan, but fought for a just cause), Teddy Roosevelt (an avid hunter, conservationist and outdoorsman), Coolidge (great on limited government), JFK (it's amazing how far left the dems have moved since the 60's), and Reagan (the champion of the modern conservative movement).

Old 04-16-2008, 01:43 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
That is all the Dictator accomplished in 7 years? That autta bring us back from 3rd world status.

The Decider should give our constitution to Iraq. I hear they need one and what the hell.......we ain't using it.
Bush is a P-r-e-s-i-d-e-n-t. Repeat that slowly 5 times and maybe you will stop with the silly "dictator" word.

And he hasn't shredded the constitution... he is doing his best to prevent another terrorist attack (his best except closing the border).

Old 04-16-2008, 01:46 PM

717 posts, read 1,954,933 times
Thumbs down "What Me Worry?" Dubious Dubya

Desertsun...I knew I liked where your head is at, so to speak. Dubious, dimwit, dismal dubya is certainly at the bottom of any thinking person's list of successful leaders. What a sad travesty of an adminsitration this has been.

Last edited by dracul; 04-16-2008 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: yikes...he still has supporters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies